MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Harley guys with a key fob, 07+ models

Hey just an FYI, if you have the HFTSM, hands free turn signal module, and the factory security system, replace the battery in the key fob.

I went out tried to crank my scooter, and nothing, I keep it on the trickle charger in the shop, battery is good.

I racked my brain for over an hour, pulled the seat, checked the battery, all the cables, all the connections. everything was good.

I did a little re-search dug up the relay diagrams, did some more checking with a meter and son of a female canine.

A 3.99 battery was all that kept me from riding this weekend.

If you have a Harley with the little back hockey puck looking thing, make sure, you replace the battery at least every year. If the battery dies, you cannot do squat with your scooter, except sit on it and make motorcycle noises.

You can get around this by taking the bike to the dealer and having them put it into dealer service mode, but you must immediately remove the battery on the fob, once the powered fob gets close tot he bike, it automatically goes back to normal mode.

If you really don't want the hassel, you can change out the hands free turn signal module, and replace it with a standard turn signal module, but now you have to program it, which is a pain in the as well.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio i900 key fob replacement? nemrod811 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 05-07-2012 10:08 AM
Looking for Chevrolet key fob j_e_hurst Car Forum 7 12-27-2011 01:45 PM
Need key cut & programed along with fob, where? maskale Off Topic 4 09-26-2007 04:31 PM
Harley website updated for '06 models ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 4 07-23-2005 04:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Rofl at sit on it and make motorcycle noises
Old 11-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
ZizouTriumph
Isle of Man TT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 HD VRSCDX
2009 Triumph Thruxton 900
2001 YAMAHA R6(Sold)
1976 Triumph Boneville (back home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
Hey just an FYI, if you have the HFTSM, hands free turn signal module, and the factory security system, replace the battery in the key fob.

I went out tried to crank my scooter, and nothing, I keep it on the trickle charger in the shop, battery is good.

I racked my brain for over an hour, pulled the seat, checked the battery, all the cables, all the connections. everything was good.

I did a little re-search dug up the relay diagrams, did some more checking with a meter and son of a female canine.

A 3.99 battery was all that kept me from riding this weekend.

If you have a Harley with the little back hockey puck looking thing, make sure, you replace the battery at least every year. If the battery dies, you cannot do squat with your scooter, except sit on it and make motorcycle noises.

You can get around this by taking the bike to the dealer and having them put it into dealer service mode, but you must immediately remove the battery on the fob, once the powered fob gets close tot he bike, it automatically goes back to normal mode.

If you really don't want the hassel, you can change out the hands free turn signal module, and replace it with a standard turn signal module, but now you have to program it, which is a pain in the as well.
Did you buy the bike used or brand new?

Either way, next time you go to any Harley dealer have them flash your fob and enter the 5 digit ignition override code. In the event of you losing your fob or the battery running out on it you can enter that code via your turn signals by turning ignition on holding both turn signals down until 5 dashes appear, then using your left turn signal you cycle through the numbers and enter it with the right turn signal. Repeat for the following numbers and you can start your bike without the need of a key fob. By the way, that is a free service, they HAVE to give you that override code for safety purposes.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

You can bypass the FOB if the battery is dead.
You can also program your own pin without taking it to the dealer.

How to set your security alarm pin:

Button less fobs (Smart FOB)

1. Select 5 digit code (each digit being a 1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 3 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

Push Button fobs

1. Select 5 digit code (each digit being a 1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 3 times.

4. Press button on fob twice
Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.
Press button on fob twice to enter number.

6. Enter second digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

7. Enter third digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

8. Enter forth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

9. Enter fifth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new security PIN.

How to disarm Harley-Davidson security alarm when key FOB battery is dead.
Using the Security Alarm PIN Override to Start Your Harley Davidson:

1. Turn the IGN key to IGNITION and immediately hold both turn signal switches until 5 dashes appear in the odometer window.

2. Enter the first digit of your PIN (a) by pressing the left turn signal switch (a) times.

3. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

4. Enter the second digit of your PIN (b) by pressing the left turn signal switch (b) times.

5. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

6. Enter the third digit of your PIN (c) by pressing the left turn signal switch (c) times.

7. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

8. Enter the forth digit of your PIN (d) by pressing the left turn signal switch (d) times.

9. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

10. Enter the fifth digit of your PIN (e) by pressing the left turn signal switch (e) times.

11. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

12. Press the right turn signal switch one time and the security system alarm is turned off.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 11-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
SideVinder650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

^ ^ ^
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement