MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #161
Dirty Dee
Still Dirty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR deer killer
GIXXER deer killer
VFR800 RIP
VFR800 RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
As far as posting rides go, I think that with all the police activity that seems to follow some of the rides, people choose not to post up what they're doing or when they're doing it.
BINGO!
actually I stopped organizing/leading rides because of it. Some of the riding groups have attracted so much attention from the popo, that has made just about all the routes hot with LEO. and that makes it no fun for anyone.

just my personal excuse.
BORC vs. Track pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 138 10-29-2013 02:45 PM
COTA motivation thread for June track day with Ridesmart myla296 Events, Meets and Rides 17 06-03-2013 09:52 PM
**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD** NewRider Taking it to the Track 77 03-03-2013 08:20 PM
Sherman's 2008 R6 Track Build Thread babymilo36 Taking it to the Track 24 03-26-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #162
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Sigh......
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #163
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

yall give BORC WAY to much credit.. just like an annoying a** little kid the more attention you give them the more they like it, yall just feeding there ego's

like I said before same ol sh*t just a new name and all the other "RC's" are just trying to hang onto the coat tails of them like groupees
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #164
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

........and......the thread goes to ...

Except for Viffer's last post.

You can really tell the people that are trying to hide the -hurt on the thread

I'm out for now, going to focus on Joey's fundraising....I better see you all there.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #165
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

We have too many superheroes trying to save nothing.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #166
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

OK this is it I'm pulling out the popcorn!
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #167
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Super Heros like my cape on my avatar!

Noob ride post coming soon! Let's dew it Ivan!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #168
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Super Heros like my cape on my avatar!

Noob ride post coming soon! Let's dew it Ivan!
Ivan cant anymore
Old 10-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #169
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Admittedly, some of the "repost" comments get old. Not everyone has the time to search the entire forum since it's creation to see what's Benn posted and what hasn't. That being said, when the same topic (other than asking for help) gets posted back to back, it should be expected. As far as harassing new members, if they're acting like they're the because they were swerving in and out of traffic being a douche, they get what they deserve. If they won't listen to the veteran riders on here and ride smart, let them leave so we don't have to read about a RIP thread because he was riding like an and wouldn't listen to more experienced riders. I was very new to riding a liter bike when I joined but, thanks to people like Pinball, EMTAggie, Mantoe and others, I learned a lot and how not to kill myself on such a large capacity bike. I even learned new respect for 250 riders and such. Sorry if this came off as rambling.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #170
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Most of the bs between BORC and SDRC has been moved to FB and group texting... We are thinking of making our pilot show during the winter "Sons of "..
for all the life savers out there and especially the haters...

Sons Of Coming real soon.....Rated Xtreme!!!

Any Questions??????
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #171
Lucar

Member Garage

just got serious
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #172
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

YESSIR!!!

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #173
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
We have too many superheroes trying to save nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
No superhero or life saver here. I just voiced something that myself and a few others have been thinking for awhile. I think these two threads have accomplished quite a bit. One, it showed that more than a few believe prominent cliques can have a negative effect on a community (Ivan did a great job elaborating this); and two, it gave the perceived group of discord a chance to honestly state their side. Admittedly, I put BORC rides and the Wednesday night 610 crew in the same category. I didn't know that BORC rides had "slow" riders. Jimrad coming to the defense of BORC says a lot to me...as it should to everyone else on this forum. He may ride fast, but he's too old and fat to do anything stupid.

These threads also brought to light the biggest reason fewer group rides are posted....ride leaders are tired of wrecks, and that's more than understandable. Nothing quite like someone deciding dirt is better than pavement mid-turn to ruin a ride for all involved. I know I haven't hosted a ride in well over a year now, but my reason isn't because of wrecks (I'm the only one that's ever gone down on one of my rides). Some of you know that i used to host frequent rides, and I quit for three reasons. One, my helpers quit. My rides would sometimes involve 20-30 bikes, and I just can't keep an eye on them by myself. Two, word got out (even though I never advertised it in the ride thread) that I would split groups and let faster riders go ahead with one of my helpers leading AS LONG AS there weren't too many noobs for the remaining helpers to keep an eye on. Three goes along with two, in that on the days I wouldn't split groups, faster riders would gap the rider in front of them so they could go faster through turns. I almost lost a noob this way because he tried to follow the faster rider even though the pace had been the same for the first 3/4 of the ride (it was the first turn the faster rider decided to gap and rider faster). After that incident I decided to shut things down for awhile, and without consistent help that is willing to make every ride at a noob pace it's hard for me to convince myself to lead any more rides.

That said...anyone willing to help on a 10-over posted, 120 mile noob ride from Pearland to Katy, PM me.

Last edited by pinball; 10-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #174
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
No superhero or life saver here. I just voiced something that myself and a few others have been thinking for awhile. I think these two threads have accomplished quite a bit. One, it showed that more than a few believe prominent cliques can have a negative effect on a community (Ivan did a great job elaborating this); and two, it gave the perceived group of discord a chance to honestly state their side. Admittedly, I put BORC rides and the Wednesday night 610 crew in the same category. I didn't know that BORC rides had "slow" riders. Jimrad coming to the defense of BORC says a lot to me...as it should to everyone else on this forum. He may ride fast, but he's too old and fat to do anything stupid.

These threads also brought to light the biggest reason fewer group rides are posted....ride leaders are tired of wrecks, and that's more than understandable. Nothing quite like someone deciding dirt is better than pavement mid-turn to ruin a ride for all involved. I know I haven't hosted a ride in well over a year now, but my reason isn't because of wrecks (I'm the only one that's ever gone down on one of my rides). Some of you know that i used to host frequent rides, and I quit for three reasons. One, my helpers quit. My rides would sometimes involve 20-30 bikes, and I just can't keep an eye on them by myself. Two, word got out (even though I never advertised it in the ride thread) that I would split groups and let faster riders go ahead with one of my helpers leading AS LONG AS there weren't too many noobs for the remaining helpers to keep an eye on. Three goes along with two, in that on the days I wouldn't split groups, faster riders would gap the rider in front of them so they could go faster through turns. I almost lost a noob this way because he tried to follow the faster rider even though the pace had been the same for the first 3/4 of the ride (it was the first turn the faster rider decided to gap and rider faster). After that incident I decided to shut things down for awhile, and without consistent help that is willing to make every ride at a noob pace it's hard for me to convince myself to lead any more rides.

That said...anyone willing to help on a 10-over posted, 120 mile noob ride from Pearland to Katy, PM me.
Good post and we do understand each other....I still post rides because it gives the opportunity for someone that want to ride in a faster pace find a group to do so.....now on a BORC ride we don't all ride at the same speeds because usually people that come realize the different levels and everyone respect theirs......I understand that people get tired of posting rides because of the wrecks, it's not easy and i was the one last time waiting for a trailer to pickup my totaled beemer......but at the end of the day ...we try to give an opportunity to someone to come and ride with us......
Now BORC on MH is totally different than BORC in reality at a ride.....

Anyway, all the riders that show up on our rides will tell you all that ......

Let me know when is your noob ride and if i am available i will be glad to help...
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #175
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Hey Eric!
Why dosen't the BORC do the Isle of Man?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #176
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

06 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Hey Eric!
Why dosen't the BORC do the Isle of Man?
$$$$$$ Local club racing is expensive enough, but if someone wants to foot the bill I would gladly try my hardest and still fail to qualify there though
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #177
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post

Sons Of Coming real soon.....Rated Xtreme!!!

Any Questions??????
I have one question.

Where is the lean tho?

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #178
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

I would come and help too...but, pinball goes overboard on his rules.. he's like a dictator.. true story......last ride invite I got from him was overkill...
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #179
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
$$$$$$ Local club racing is expensive enough, but if someone wants to foot the bill I would gladly try my hardest and still fail to qualify there though
You would Qualify Patrick!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #180
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

06 gsxr 750

Quote:
I would come and help too...but, pinball goes overboard on his rules.. he's like a dictator.. true story......last ride invite I got from him was overkill...
First ride I ever did anywhere went smooth with him.....until he decided it would be fun to break his ankle

Advertisement