MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #161
Dirty Dee
Still Dirty
 
Dirty Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 604

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR deer killer
GIXXER deer killer
VFR800 RIP
VFR800 RIP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
As far as posting rides go, I think that with all the police activity that seems to follow some of the rides, people choose not to post up what they're doing or when they're doing it.
BINGO!
actually I stopped organizing/leading rides because of it. Some of the riding groups have attracted so much attention from the popo, that has made just about all the routes hot with LEO. and that makes it no fun for anyone.

just my personal excuse.
__________________
Dirty Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC vs. Track pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 138 10-29-2013 02:45 PM
COTA motivation thread for June track day with Ridesmart myla296 Events, Meets and Rides 17 06-03-2013 09:52 PM
**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD** NewRider Taking it to the Track 77 03-03-2013 08:20 PM
Sherman's 2008 R6 Track Build Thread babymilo36 Taking it to the Track 24 03-26-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #162
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!
 
Rykoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,306

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street


Member Garage


Sigh......
__________________
Ryan S. CMRA # 915
sigpic17258 1
...what doesn't Kill you only makes you stronger!!! "Live Now"
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #163
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,308

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









yall give BORC WAY to much credit.. just like an annoying a** little kid the more attention you give them the more they like it, yall just feeding there ego's

like I said before same ol sh*t just a new name and all the other "RC's" are just trying to hang onto the coat tails of them like groupees
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #164
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









........and......the thread goes to ...

Except for Viffer's last post.



You can really tell the people that are trying to hide the -hurt on the thread



I'm out for now, going to focus on Joey's fundraising....I better see you all there.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #165
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,880

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











We have too many superheroes trying to save nothing.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #166
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,691

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






OK this is it I'm pulling out the popcorn!
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #167
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!
 
Rykoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,306

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street


Member Garage


Super Heros like my cape on my avatar!


Noob ride post coming soon! Let's dew it Ivan!
__________________
Ryan S. CMRA # 915
sigpic17258 1
...what doesn't Kill you only makes you stronger!!! "Live Now"
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #168
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,393

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Super Heros like my cape on my avatar!


Noob ride post coming soon! Let's dew it Ivan!
Ivan cant anymore
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #169
Chuckster
Senior Member
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,455


Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1









Admittedly, some of the "repost" comments get old. Not everyone has the time to search the entire forum since it's creation to see what's Benn posted and what hasn't. That being said, when the same topic (other than asking for help) gets posted back to back, it should be expected. As far as harassing new members, if they're acting like they're the because they were swerving in and out of traffic being a douche, they get what they deserve. If they won't listen to the veteran riders on here and ride smart, let them leave so we don't have to read about a RIP thread because he was riding like an and wouldn't listen to more experienced riders. I was very new to riding a liter bike when I joined but, thanks to people like Pinball, EMTAggie, Mantoe and others, I learned a lot and how not to kill myself on such a large capacity bike. I even learned new respect for 250 riders and such. Sorry if this came off as rambling.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #170
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Most of the bs between BORC and SDRC has been moved to FB and group texting... We are thinking of making our pilot show during the winter "Sons of "..
for all the life savers out there and especially the haters...

Sons Of Coming real soon.....Rated Xtreme!!!


Any Questions??????
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #171
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,838

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





just got serious
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #172
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








YESSIR!!!
__________________
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #173
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,825

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
We have too many superheroes trying to save nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
for all the life savers out there and especially the haters...
No superhero or life saver here. I just voiced something that myself and a few others have been thinking for awhile. I think these two threads have accomplished quite a bit. One, it showed that more than a few believe prominent cliques can have a negative effect on a community (Ivan did a great job elaborating this); and two, it gave the perceived group of discord a chance to honestly state their side. Admittedly, I put BORC rides and the Wednesday night 610 crew in the same category. I didn't know that BORC rides had "slow" riders. Jimrad coming to the defense of BORC says a lot to me...as it should to everyone else on this forum. He may ride fast, but he's too old and fat to do anything stupid.

These threads also brought to light the biggest reason fewer group rides are posted....ride leaders are tired of wrecks, and that's more than understandable. Nothing quite like someone deciding dirt is better than pavement mid-turn to ruin a ride for all involved. I know I haven't hosted a ride in well over a year now, but my reason isn't because of wrecks (I'm the only one that's ever gone down on one of my rides). Some of you know that i used to host frequent rides, and I quit for three reasons. One, my helpers quit. My rides would sometimes involve 20-30 bikes, and I just can't keep an eye on them by myself. Two, word got out (even though I never advertised it in the ride thread) that I would split groups and let faster riders go ahead with one of my helpers leading AS LONG AS there weren't too many noobs for the remaining helpers to keep an eye on. Three goes along with two, in that on the days I wouldn't split groups, faster riders would gap the rider in front of them so they could go faster through turns. I almost lost a noob this way because he tried to follow the faster rider even though the pace had been the same for the first 3/4 of the ride (it was the first turn the faster rider decided to gap and rider faster). After that incident I decided to shut things down for awhile, and without consistent help that is willing to make every ride at a noob pace it's hard for me to convince myself to lead any more rides.

That said...anyone willing to help on a 10-over posted, 120 mile noob ride from Pearland to Katy, PM me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Will set a google news filter immediately: coat hanger probing.

Last edited by pinball; 10-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #174
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
No superhero or life saver here. I just voiced something that myself and a few others have been thinking for awhile. I think these two threads have accomplished quite a bit. One, it showed that more than a few believe prominent cliques can have a negative effect on a community (Ivan did a great job elaborating this); and two, it gave the perceived group of discord a chance to honestly state their side. Admittedly, I put BORC rides and the Wednesday night 610 crew in the same category. I didn't know that BORC rides had "slow" riders. Jimrad coming to the defense of BORC says a lot to me...as it should to everyone else on this forum. He may ride fast, but he's too old and fat to do anything stupid.

These threads also brought to light the biggest reason fewer group rides are posted....ride leaders are tired of wrecks, and that's more than understandable. Nothing quite like someone deciding dirt is better than pavement mid-turn to ruin a ride for all involved. I know I haven't hosted a ride in well over a year now, but my reason isn't because of wrecks (I'm the only one that's ever gone down on one of my rides). Some of you know that i used to host frequent rides, and I quit for three reasons. One, my helpers quit. My rides would sometimes involve 20-30 bikes, and I just can't keep an eye on them by myself. Two, word got out (even though I never advertised it in the ride thread) that I would split groups and let faster riders go ahead with one of my helpers leading AS LONG AS there weren't too many noobs for the remaining helpers to keep an eye on. Three goes along with two, in that on the days I wouldn't split groups, faster riders would gap the rider in front of them so they could go faster through turns. I almost lost a noob this way because he tried to follow the faster rider even though the pace had been the same for the first 3/4 of the ride (it was the first turn the faster rider decided to gap and rider faster). After that incident I decided to shut things down for awhile, and without consistent help that is willing to make every ride at a noob pace it's hard for me to convince myself to lead any more rides.

That said...anyone willing to help on a 10-over posted, 120 mile noob ride from Pearland to Katy, PM me.
Good post and we do understand each other....I still post rides because it gives the opportunity for someone that want to ride in a faster pace find a group to do so.....now on a BORC ride we don't all ride at the same speeds because usually people that come realize the different levels and everyone respect theirs......I understand that people get tired of posting rides because of the wrecks, it's not easy and i was the one last time waiting for a trailer to pickup my totaled beemer......but at the end of the day ...we try to give an opportunity to someone to come and ride with us......
Now BORC on MH is totally different than BORC in reality at a ride.....

Anyway, all the riders that show up on our rides will tell you all that ......

Let me know when is your noob ride and if i am available i will be glad to help...
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #175
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Hey Eric!
Why dosen't the BORC do the Isle of Man?
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #176
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP
 
351fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 558

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+


06 gsxr 750








Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Hey Eric!
Why dosen't the BORC do the Isle of Man?
$$$$$$ Local club racing is expensive enough, but if someone wants to foot the bill I would gladly try my hardest and still fail to qualify there though
__________________
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #177
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
for all the life savers out there and especially the haters...

Sons Of Coming real soon.....Rated Xtreme!!!




Any Questions??????
I have one question.

Where is the lean tho?
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #178
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,880

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











I would come and help too...but, pinball goes overboard on his rules.. he's like a dictator.. true story......last ride invite I got from him was overkill...
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #179
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
$$$$$$ Local club racing is expensive enough, but if someone wants to foot the bill I would gladly try my hardest and still fail to qualify there though
You would Qualify Patrick!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #180
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP
 
351fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 558

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+


06 gsxr 750








Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
I would come and help too...but, pinball goes overboard on his rules.. he's like a dictator.. true story......last ride invite I got from him was overkill...
First ride I ever did anywhere went smooth with him.....until he decided it would be fun to break his ankle
__________________
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy