Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #81
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Only you go down on everyone at your rides..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC vs. Track pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 138 10-29-2013 02:45 PM
COTA motivation thread for June track day with Ridesmart myla296 Events, Meets and Rides 17 06-03-2013 09:52 PM
**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD** NewRider Taking it to the Track 77 03-03-2013 08:20 PM
Sherman's 2008 R6 Track Build Thread babymilo36 Taking it to the Track 24 03-26-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #82
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographer View Post
Now I have to go back and look though a bunch of old photos.

I distinctly remember riders going down in a Noob friendly ride to Fayette. And once near Yankees that I was on.

I thought back and you are correct, I was taken out in a SMR ride on Racerroad. Im sorry
Never lead a forest ride, I'm scared of 3090.

Fayetteville, yes. That was a guy that actually went down while leading us. I almost went down myself for following him lol

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #83
CBR500R_Mike

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Isn't it true to be a MH rider/Forum contributor you must ride at least 1000cc bike...guess I'm only half a man. That's the feeling I get from the forum....

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man. So come down today for your free-trial lesson!
CBR500R_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #84
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Nobody EVER went down on any of my rides
Cuz it was all straightaways, no turns...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #85
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Nobody EVER went down on any of my rides
Probably due to safety first mentality you have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	secret.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	73527  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #86
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

I used to do these group rides back in 08 before most you lil turds were around...lol. Even fhen people went down like crazy. What's up with these corny .names that yall yankee burger eating fools are calling yall selves now....lmao I'm sure bevo and hugo can attest to this.
CMRA #927
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #87
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKGIXX View Post
I used to do these group rides back in 08 before most you lil turds were around...lol. Even fhen people went down like crazy. What's up with these corny .names that yall yankee burger eating fools are calling yall selves now....lmao I'm sure bevo and hugo can attest to this.
I am sure I still have videos too..
Old 10-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #88
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Lol
CMRA #927
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #89
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKGIXX View Post
...You can still join us....it will remind you the good old times...
Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #90
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Haha my bike is track omly now. I miss yankees though lol
CMRA #927
Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #91
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
near all of Cali's rides involved accidents it seemed. Not saying it was his fault, but I could see why he quit
...and from those that wrecked, we never heard anything other then blame put on themselves... or the road. lol

Ive posted over 80 some ForestGnome rides to Yankees with yes over a 50/50 wreck ratio, higher as the ride gained more popularity in the end. More riders = more potential you don't know the guy behind/infront of you personally; their limits, how they are feeling that day, if they should even be on a bike that day; nor if they are riding within their 70% ability.

The ride experience was always provided with more then one regular participant that lead, swept and between. We rode up together all the way to 3090; some would go ahead but the rules were all discussed in a mandatory 20 min riders meeting with gear about the whole route, introducing the ride leaders of the day etc. The intentions were to provide a safe group ride based on Motorcycle Roadking guidelines. Approx 20-40 riders on average.

At 3090, is when the groups divided into three. First was track only/experienced riders. Second was between the two groups. Third, the one I almost always led or swept did the speed limit or less based on the grouping of the riders and how the group was riding together that day; all riders whom never rode these roads were asked to participate in the third group.

Nearly all the wrecks were in the second group. None in the fast group, one slide out in the slow group. And of all these 40+ wrecks, only a small handful couldn't ride back home one way or another. So safe to say, many were likely ego-influenced to not be 'that guy or gal in the slow group.'

Interest was lost in the 'cruising' aspect and characteristic of the ride as riders felt the need to go faster and faster; forgetting the ride was more about getting out, having some fun and getting to meet fellow riders, share stories, experiences and get some information about nearly anything. Networking became a HUGE part of the ride for many. Couples riding too up and even several kids came as passengers because the comfort was there and accepted by the group as a whole.

My interest dropped off as I began to start focusing on life and necessities(especially after the last car that hit my leg) over being so social in the moto community. I have received many requests to restart the Forest Gnome venture; and it is an interesting proposition. But it takes more then just one person, and it is about everything but that one person... Its about people coming together and enjoying the ride in a safe atmosphere with understanding of the ride set up / personal riding desires / outcome.

That said, I hope everyone gears up and rides as safe as their hearts allow them.

I do miss the rides and the instruction new riders received about bike maintenance/care that are often overlooked. I never walked away from a ride without some confirmation there was good that came from it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #92
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

We never met but at the end of the day and when I read your story you tried and offer an opportunity for many riders to go out and ride in an organized form and better themselves . I am sure many people did benefits from all your rides and no matter what you do or how hard you try some people will crash and that's how it is, dangerous sport involves this kind of risks.
Anyway , good post, if you are around , you are welcome to join any of our rides, the Forest and 3090 are still there with all theirs daily surprises
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
...and from those that wrecked, we never heard anything other then blame put on themselves... or the road. lol

Ive posted over 80 some ForestGnome rides to Yankees with yes over a 50/50 wreck ratio, higher as the ride gained more popularity in the end. More riders = more potential you don't know the guy behind/infront of you personally; their limits, how they are feeling that day, if they should even be on a bike that day; nor if they are riding within their 70% ability.

The ride experience was always provided with more then one regular participant that lead, swept and between. We rode up together all the way to 3090; some would go ahead but the rules were all discussed in a mandatory 20 min riders meeting with gear about the whole route, introducing the ride leaders of the day etc. The intentions were to provide a safe group ride based on Motorcycle Roadking guidelines. Approx 20-40 riders on average.

At 3090, is when the groups divided into three. First was track only/experienced riders. Second was between the two groups. Third, the one I almost always led or swept did the speed limit or less based on the grouping of the riders and how the group was riding together that day; all riders whom never rode these roads were asked to participate in the third group.

Nearly all the wrecks were in the second group. None in the fast group, one slide out in the slow group. And of all these 40+ wrecks, only a small handful couldn't ride back home one way or another. So safe to say, many were likely ego-influenced to not be 'that guy or gal in the slow group.'

Interest was lost in the 'cruising' aspect and characteristic of the ride as riders felt the need to go faster and faster; forgetting the ride was more about getting out, having some fun and getting to meet fellow riders, share stories, experiences and get some information about nearly anything. Networking became a HUGE part of the ride for many. Couples riding too up and even several kids came as passengers because the comfort was there and accepted by the group as a whole.

My interest dropped off as I began to start focusing on life and necessities(especially after the last car that hit my leg) over being so social in the moto community. I have received many requests to restart the Forest Gnome venture; and it is an interesting proposition. But it takes more then just one person, and it is about everything but that one person... Its about people coming together and enjoying the ride in a safe atmosphere with understanding of the ride set up / personal riding desires / outcome.

That said, I hope everyone gears up and rides as safe as their hearts allow them.

I do miss the rides and the instruction new riders received about bike maintenance/care that are often overlooked. I never walked away from a ride without some confirmation there was good that came from it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #93
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
Anyway , good post, if you are around , you are welcome to join any of our rides, the Forest and 3090 are still there with all theirs daily surprises
Encouraging and thank you. I have a speeding ticket to work out first from a couple weekends ago in the forest

I have gone on SMRs back in the day; I stick to my riding style when I deem necessary to preserve my license(have to be insured for work.)
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #94
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Ivan,
You have your view and I respect it but there is nothing but air and opportunity stopping the many thousands of riders on this board from posting up a ride and getting their group ride on.
Why is that not happening? Its called lack of initiative. It does not have to do with BORC/SDRC fun threads.

As for the "how would others view the board?"comment, I would hope that they could realize that one thread does not define a board and that some people actually post for entertainment. A sterilized board is no fun.

The many sit and wait for the few who actually post like Jimrad to post up a ride instead of taking 5 minutes to write a meet thread and make one happen.

I have posted rides (non BORC rides) in the last year as well as numerous Wednesday meets and other quick meet and greets in an effort to get people out and socialize. I truly appreciate the people who come out and hang. Those opportunities are just as important as rides for getting to know people and finding cool people to ride with on weekends.

So what I am saying is that the fruit is on the tree, and people just have to get off their to pick it!

Is that a Hispanic joke?
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #95
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

I haven't been posting much or making meets or rides lately because of work. I quit posting alot of rides and still don't like to because of people wrecking on my rides. Now I keep it to a few buddies or join other's rides so I'm not the responsible party. I still try to post noob rides occasionally but not often because of the fear of riders going down. It gets old and sucks when your waiting on the side of the road for hours waiting on a truck on almost every ride.

As far as BORC SDRC drama, fake drama, sarcasm. Its not hurting anything. A little BS Among friends. who cares?

And why does Ivan get to create a thread about another thread?

And 826 is green600
Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #96
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Posted several rides an only had a few people show or no one. So why post. On the plus side I had opportunities to explore some good roads on my own. Certain names seem to get more people going on rides.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #97
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Over the few years I've been on here, I have seen the number of new member posts diminish. I don't think the BORC, DORC, SDRC or any of the other acronym riding groups affect this. Sure there is some friendly talking that happens but it's all in fun. There was a real sudden drop a few months ago when the mods went of a ban spree and were banning anyone and everyone. New people see this and move on, regardless of the reasons for the bans. As far as posting rides go, I think that with all the police activity that seems to follow some of the rides, people choose not to post up what they're doing or when they're doing it.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #98
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Once again DORC is not a riding group per se. Dining Out Riding Club. We just meet to eat. Post is always lets meet at blah blah blah place at blah blah blah time. You get there on your own and can leave on your own.

On the plus side have not had any riders go down at these EVER.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #99
david75

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
1999 KTM LC4 640
2005 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
2003 Honda CB 919 Hornet (sold)

I think a lot of seasoned riders have come to the point in their lives that they do not want to babysit all the time. Instead of getting upset or blaming others for less rides posted; post your own ride.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #100
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post

I have posted rides (non BORC rides) in the last year as well as numerous Wednesday meets and other quick meet and greets in an effort to get people out and socialize. I truly appreciate the people who come out and hang. Those opportunities are just as important as rides for getting to know people and finding cool people to ride with on weekends.
Thank you!

Advertisement