Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

My Response to BORC vs Track Thread

BORC is a street rider turn track that went horrible wrong/right depending on how you look at it.

Some and most of us, the track slowed us down on the street the faster we got. For BORC it did the oposite, got them fast on track and made them wanna go faster on the street. Just be thankful they at least got some skills first. With that said, be mindful of those that lack them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRC
At least the BORC guys post rides. Now days you have to be in some click here to get PM'D to go on a ride....
Quoted for truth.

When there is only one game in town that is where people will go. Sure, Jimrad might post other rides and such. But (and I have not been around as much as I used to be) when I would see the posts up it would be SDRC and all these “inside jokes” and non-sensical trolling would happen that you didn’t know if it was a ride or a thread to BS in.

What happened to the titles “Sunday ride to Fayetteville”, “Navasota ride (noob friendly)” or similar. Something without a group attached to it as if you have to be inclusive of the group. There isn’t something like that anymore. I don’t know how hard it is to grasp that new blood is what grows the forum. Cater to those people, make them feel welcomed. Set up something to help their skills not challenge them.

If that isn’t your thing? Cool, do what you do, just don’t entice other people that lack the skills to it also. I am not saying someone going down on BORC rides is their fault, because I believe in personal responsibility.

The forum has so much potential for good, and with things like being on the Outlaw Dave show talking about it, myself trying to get newfix to cover us for a “subculture” segment they do. Attention will come. How do we want it to be viewed? As a bunch of adrenaline junkies trying to just go out there and push the limits on every ride? Or responsible riders that enjoy riding, and also helping new people?

I’m not free from guilt as far as hooliganism on rides, but we kept that stuff off the forum, we knew who to do it with and who could not cut it.

I think the low forum traffic or participation can be boiled down to the fact that once you join, there is nothing here to help you start knowing all the other members, people to ride with (unless you wanna go out or be a super deuche), no one to go and meet with for a bit and then take a nice cruise around town. The only thing you see is people with Groups on their signatures and posting the rides with their names on it. Then when one starts an argument, you notice the same signatures come to the rescue and gang up on people and that gets old.

It can get annoying and intimidating. Not necessarily welcoming. You can go anywhere on the internet to be insulted and horrible things told at you. I came to motohouston to find riding buddies and go on rides, meet people, have fun and then come on the internet and have them insult me and tell me horrible things. It is a lot more fun and engaging that way.

I love this place and I hope that when I get my bike next year it is still the powerhouse it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric6R
For any new guys who may be reading this thread I would suggest watching the borc video that may not spew all that much class ,but It spews alot of reality. If the fast guys are going down what are your chances of your big ego and little skill making it at their pace (just use your head) stay away.

also for the noob idolizing anyone, for the most part THESE GUYS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS !!! they are your riding buddies. and you should know the difference. riding buddies dont want to see you get hurt, will stop and render aid if you go down, may visit you in the hospital, and may have a benefit or even a memorial ride if you die. They will not be there for the long haul, will not be wipeing your when you cant do it on your own, will not be paying your bills while you cant work. If you dont think you can sustain your bills for six months, a year in my case, stay away from the highly spirited rides. I know people who have ended up homeless due to a crash. Your ins. dont pay your bills and AFLAC aint enough to pay for .
Quoted for so much truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar
I beg to differ... this is also based on no facts.
We BORC are a group of friends, we get together off of bikes regularly and help each other out when in need.
You completely missed his point.

I love this place. Keep it fun keep it friendly.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC vs. Track pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 138 10-29-2013 02:45 PM
COTA motivation thread for June track day with Ridesmart myla296 Events, Meets and Rides 17 06-03-2013 09:52 PM
**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD** NewRider Taking it to the Track 77 03-03-2013 08:20 PM
Sherman's 2008 R6 Track Build Thread babymilo36 Taking it to the Track 24 03-26-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

There did used to be more ride threads. I do agree with that.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
NewRider

Bike(s):

Though I know is hard to do, keep the trolling to a minimum and try to stay on topic, I think this might be a good convo.

I'm talking to you Chris, 826 (I'll tell them who you are), Lucar, Jimrad and Bevo/Blanco

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Though I know is hard to do, keep the trolling to a minimum and try to stay on topic, I think this might be a good convo.

I'm talking to you Chris, 826 (I'll tell them who you are), Lucar, Jimrad and Bevo/Blanco
Coming from a troll I can respect that.

Is FixieHouston.com slow?

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
There did used to be more ride threads. I do agree with that.
Trooper used to do them, Cali, Sunday R, Tiatool, bevo and few others...

It wasnt a group thing, it was riders inviting riders to ride. They made some frienshios or not, but they rode.

We forget that our bikes are here to be riden and we all enjoy a little company while we do.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

near all of Cali's rides involved accidents it seemed. Not saying it was his fault, but I could see why he quit
Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

This isn't the only forum to slow down, they all have.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
near all of Cali's rides involved accidents it seemed. Not saying it was his fault, but I could see why he quit
Well, I don;t know if that validates BORC's points or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
Could be that it is that time of year

I've missed MH these last months that I have not been trolling it like I used to. So many threads and stuff that i'm probably out of the loop for.

I do remember kinda getting annoying of some of the gang mentality with the SDRC, BORC, somethingRC etc...

I thought we made fun of people that wanted to start clubs and called them gay until they left the forum

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I wasn't trying to validate any points
Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

I still Fukien ride every week .. With or without a group.. I ride with a lot of different people too... Not all from MH.. I am also considering buying a Dual sport to change it up a bit and post more noob rides..

My idea of riding is actually just that... Ride, eat lunch, socialize, douche it up a bit and get back home with somE videos and pics... Memories for the rest of the week.
I mainly don't post because out of the 20 people that show, at least one will usually crash because of one or more factors that I don't really care to point out at the moment.

Rides happen every weekend weather posted on Mh or not.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
Obama?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Obama?
You knows thats right!!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
I still Fukien ride every week .. With or without a group.. I ride with a lot of different people too... Not all from MH.. I am also considering buying a Dual sport to change it up a bit and post more noob rides..

My idea of riding is actually just that... Ride, eat lunch, socialize, douche it up a bit and get back home with somE videos and pics... Memories for the rest of the week.
I mainly don't post because out of the 20 people that show, at least one will usually crash because of one or more factors that I don't really care to point out at the moment.

Rides happen every weekend weather posted on Mh or not.
You are correct, they happen.

The question was presented if there is a correlation between BORC posts and slow traffic on MH.

My point is that posted rides to cater to the new people is the driving force of participation.

Untangle your panties.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
....gang mentality with the SDRC
SDR's still alive.. 300 strong gangbangers today!..
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

So what we are trying to prove here is:
MH traffic has died down due to drama.. Instigation.. E- bully.. And gayness...all created by BORC .. SDRC... Or any other RC oriented gang mentality...?

I don't have my panties on today..
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
SDR's still alive.. 300 strong gangbangers today!..
NewRider's byciclists dont count
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Just need some people to lead more rides. Even Frank stopped posting his ride even though it goes on. Issue is people once they learn to ride they dont like going on a ride where ppl are crashing and stuff. Cant blame them. I wouldnt blame BORC/SDRC/DORC etc.. whatever fr the slowness...thats something else.

In my opinion people forming a regular riding group that meets regularly is a GOOD thing!!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
Halen
Suerte O Muerte

Bike(s):
2013 BMW S1000rr
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore
2001 Yamaha Champions Edition R6
2004 Honda NSR50

Member Garage

I go away for a few months due to work/life and NewRider becomes a cyclist.
Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halen View Post
I go away for a few months due to work/life and NewRider becomes a cyclist.

and he squats
Old 10-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Yea we need more threads on MH about bicycles not having equal rights! That will surely bring MH more traffic!
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement