MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #41
Eric6R

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

What ever happened to personal responsibility? If you dont think you can ride "borc style" was called "spirited pace" just about two years ago. It is YOU as a rider who should know better, or accept what happens when you go down. Blame put on a group who says "It's gonna be a fast ride" ahead of time when someone gets hurt or is killed in a crash is just playing the blame game and is WRONG. I crashed going too fast up 3090, but it wasnt any groups fault I got hurt even though I was riding in a group.
As for the Track vs. Street is pretty obvious if you crash on the street there are far more obsticles to bring you to a very abrupt stop, but there are a LOT MORE crashes at the track. I know a quite a few street riders who ride spirited and have never (but most likely will someday) been down. Im sure there are some ,but I dont know any track riders who are trying to be quick who havent been down...
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC? RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 04-20-2015 11:21 AM
BORC? SysKnight General Discussion (Moto Related) 105 01-23-2015 10:57 AM
My Response to BORC vs Track Thread NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 235 11-03-2013 08:12 AM
BORC up North Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-29-2013 06:19 PM
BORC jimrad The Circus 35 07-19-2013 12:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
848Brando

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

Soooo, when is the next BORC ride?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #43
1198Rider
Riding Dirty

Bike(s):
Ducati 1198
2007 ZX6R (track )
2007 CRF450R
Your Ex.
Your current.

^^^^ the guy 2 above gets it ^^^^
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #44
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

No one told queenmoka or kris that day that it was going to be a "spirited pace" ride, or they would have stayed home...
Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #45
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
Not sure if the culmination and creation of BORC has caused the reduction in forum activity over the last year or so; but one thing I have noticed since I have been on here is that some people take things way to serious! The forum is designed to be a community for knowledge and also for fun; but there seems to be a lot of sensitivity on here. Stop taking things so serious people and have fun!
werd

I like to see who I would and wouldn't want to ride with so I enjoy what some people post. I have no super ego and just like to have a good time on two wheels at a slower pace or maybe even faster depending on many factors.

pho stah thread

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848Brando View Post
Soooo, when is the next BORC ride?
Come do the Nov 2 track day at MSRH .. BORC will be there recruiting new members and handing out free stickers..

And !

Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #47
848Brando

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Come do the Nov 2 track day at MSRH .. BORC will be there recruiting new members and handing out free stickers..

And !

FREE STICKERS YOU SAY?!

IM IN!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #48
green600
HG Chairperson

Sucks for the younger guys newer to riding that may have a ego they are trying to prove and they even seem to idolize some folks that run the same road that they know like the back of their hand. Then laugh that they might end up in a ditch trying to keep up or just losing folks on their ride and not even noticing it. Posting videos repeatedly of what can happen on a borc ride with the bike that went through the fence spews class. I appreciate all the posts and I learn from all of them I just feel for the young guys that don't get the chance to make it past the beginning stage of riding where you might not be the most conscious of the dangers of riding out side of your skill level.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
I appreciate all the posts and I learn from all of them I just feel for the young guys that don't get the chance to make it past the beginning stage of riding where you might not be the most conscious of the dangers of riding out side of your skill level.
Just like everyone on here that post stupid , they just use it as a place to have fun and bullshit amongst friends. No one forces people to ride with them. Ego is the problem. If you cant hang, then dont go. Simple as that. Anyone old enough to ride a motorcycle should know where they feel comfortable.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #50
KTMRC8
MTLDRUMMER

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
KTM RC8R

At least the BORC guys post rides. Now days you have to be in some click here to get PM'D to go on a ride....

I have met a few of the BORC guys in the forest before a ride. They at least asked me to come along with them, even after I told them I was not going to try and keep up. They just said that the next meet spot is at so and so...meet you there, ride at your own pace. Multiple times I was told that, they don't force anyone to ride like they do. If someone gets hurt because they are riding above their skill level, that's on them, not the people they are riding with...That's riding a BORC ride or on the track or in the woods....ride your own ride.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #51
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRC8 View Post
At least the BORC guys post rides. Now days you have to be in some click here to get PM'D to go on a ride....

I have met a few of the BORC guys in the forest before a ride. They at least asked me to come along with them, even after I told them I was not going to try and keep up. They just said that the next meet spot is at so and so...meet you there, ride at your own pace. Multiple times I was told that, they don't force anyone to ride like they do. If someone gets hurt because they are riding above their skill level, that's on them, not the people they are riding with...That's riding a BORC ride or on the track or in the woods....ride your own ride.
Exactly!! Even on a BORC ride .. Not all BORC members are fast paced.
Always rife your ride... Keep it simple..

This is like blaming the drug for getting teens high...
Or the alcohol for DUI.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #52
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
Just like everyone on here that post stupid , they just use it as a place to have fun and bullshit amongst friends. No one forces people to ride with them. Ego is the problem. If you cant hang, then dont go. Simple as that. Anyone old enough to ride a motorcycle should know where they feel comfortable.
I can agree to a certain point but with an open invitation anyone may show up to a ride they have no business at. If the people that post the rides aren't concerned about people dying or getting injured on rides that new riders have no business at well its all on them and as long as they have do problem with it so be it. Yes it is a dangerous sport and its not anyone's responsibilities to baby anyone but we should watch out for each other. Also I am aware a lot of this is just BS and having fun and as you know I am a very serious person with a very dry mild sense of humor and this forum is not a place for that type of behavior, and don't think I wont report a post.

like others said it boils down to ride your own ride and please don't get jimrad started with his drug speech.

Last edited by green600; 10-29-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #53
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Not sure why borc is being brought up...most borc guys are track guys which is the real kicker LOL!
Yup. They just enjoy riding street also.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
Not sure if the culmination and creation of BORC has caused the reduction in forum activity over the last year or so; but one thing I have noticed since I have been on here is that some people take things way to serious! The forum is designed to be a community for knowledge and also for fun; but there seems to be a lot of sensitivity on here. Stop taking things so serious people and have fun!
JJ...The BEST reply in this whole thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
! BORC style is a fad like Gungam style! They make everything they do "BORC style" .. And all the rides posted are intentionally done to get the "haters" wound up... If you pay attention to that BS they post and say, you took the bait... Lol
Jimrad gets it....and to blame BORC threads for reducing posts on MH??
Please explain how "The BORC" has ruined lives!
We are a secret society like the illuminati!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
True story

We need more threads about what tire will last the longest but is the stickiest for corner carving and also cheap.

Also what oil is best to use and the cheapest.

We also need an update on helmet use and keeping you gelled hair looking good.
Chris I am with you!
Has anyone ever heard of FUN for FUN's sake!
A compelling reason to participate on a board is to have fun and meet people. I know that I and other "BORC members" participate in normal discussions, contribute to the MH community, as well as set up and post MEETS so that other riders can come out and socialize. SO the premise that the BORC is up MH and making people less apt to post is baseless and stupid!
Furthermore, those people who either know or met The BORC in person know that we are nothing more than fun loving talkers! A great group of people.

Quote:
Not sure why borc is being brought up...most borc guys are track guys which is the real kicker LOL!
Yep, funny aint it....even funnier that The BORC was even brought up at all!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #55
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

I don't even know what BORC means.
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
Old 10-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #56
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
BORC was brought up because of conversations I've had with a few folks on here. Apparently at least one mod feels the same way.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #57
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
They place one of these every crash they have

e8eju9uq
Nooooo...they place a BORC sticker at every crash like this...

20130928 142010 zpse240e375
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #58
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
BORC was brought up because of conversations I've had with a few folks on here. Apparently at least one mod feels the same way.
Which mod? One of the mods is BORC so I'm getting confused. But to what people said..BORC/DORC are the only people posting rides.

If anything all BORC members should get MH loyalty points for keeping it interesting here.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #59
848Brando

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
I don't even know what BORC means.
Bisexual Orientation Riding Crew
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #60
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Jim.. If people are dumb enough to crash because they ride over their head, it could happen on any ride.. You can't fix stupid.

Who put u up to this instigating? Aggy?
Closed Thread

Advertisement