MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #41
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Ok this ones's easy. Were you there? Did you talk to everyone involved. Did you make the scene? I wasn't. So I can't say what happened. But I do know that we only have one side being told.

I choose to not have an opinion on this matter, and yet I works accidents five days a week so I haven't he slightest clue of what I talk about. Sorry, sir.

This isn't a touchy matter for me at all. I don't considers all cops to be my brothers, those days in law enforcement are long gone. The only cop that pays the bills in my house is me, so forgive me if my loyalty to my occupation seems a bit lacking.
I'm not arguing over whether or not it happened. I'm asking if you can not speak hypothetically about it. What do you have to say about the incident, from a cop's perspective(btw if i thought you didn't know what you were talking about[i dont know where you got that from] i wouldn't have bothered in asking you about it) based on what's been said.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear ended .....again pester Off Topic 21 06-01-2015 10:13 AM
Just rear ended Lokati Off Topic 49 04-01-2012 11:54 PM
Rear ended Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 11-04-2011 07:15 PM
got rear ended!! Cortez31 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 03-31-2007 01:21 AM
anyone get rear ended? Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-16-2006 05:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #42
bigjay77
Senior Member
 
bigjay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 610/45s
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 686


Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996









Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
andre3K -
i dont think it matters from a story perspective who was there, whats your "oppinion on cops using lights/sirens just to avoid traffic signal" just to simplify the question, we know u dont have to answer but the 2 times u replyed it seemed to me u avoided your oppinion, u can always avoid it a third time...

well...whats your oppinion?

last time i checked it was illegal for citizens to avoid traffic signals,
what makes him special just to run it?
bigjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #43
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
I'm not arguing over whether or not it happened. I'm asking if you can not speak hypothetically about it. What do you have to say about the incident, from a cop's perspective(btw if i thought you didn't know what you were talking about[i dont know where you got that from] i wouldn't have bothered in asking you about it) based on what's been said.
i think he answer the question when he said he choose not to have an opinion. :dontknow:
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #44
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


sorry to hear thats ****ed up
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #45
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
i think he answer the question when he said he choose not to have an opinion. :dontknow:
i disagree.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
bigjay77
Senior Member
 
bigjay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 610/45s
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 686


Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996









Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
yeah its prolly better that way

i wasnt hating, just u asking bro, choosing not to have one is a good option
bigjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #47
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












In regards to accidents there isn't much to have an opinion on.

As far as the officers actions, we have rules to follow in all situations both from a criminal and departmental standpoint. If he violated the law or dept policy then he should be disciplined accordingly. Hows that for an opinion?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #48
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
In regards to accidents there isn't much to have an opinion on.

As far as the officers actions, we have rules to follow in all situations both from a criminal and departmental standpoint. If he violated the law or dept policy then he should be disciplined accordingly. Hows that for an opinion?
It's not an opinion. If you don't want to talk about it, just say so, but don't say you're withholding judgement because you don't "know" the "facts" when really you just don't want to talk about it.
Can't you answer any of my many other questions?
It seems like you never have trouble judging the drivers you so often cite.
I understand how it is though. I was asking my neighbor, an army member, what the thought about Bush, etc. a while back and he wouldn't say anything either. Obedience? Apathy? I don't know..
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #49
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












whats hard to understand? I DONT HAVE AN OPINION!!!!!!!
I don't know anyone involved in this so why would I have an opinion. If the officer broke the law or a policy then he should be punished. What else could you possibly want me to say?

Ask me my favorite ice cream flavor? I'll give you my opinion. As me about diesel vs gas trucks? I'll give you an opinion on that too. ask me my opinion about women cops? I'll give you a real good opinion on that.

But you want me to give an opinion about something that I didn't investigate. Truthfully its something that I really don't care about. No one got hurt, the other guy had insurance, Brian filed the complaint on the cop. Done deal.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-11-2007 at 03:33 PM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #50
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
whats hard to understand? I DONT HAVE AN OPINION!!!!!!!
I don't know anyone involved in this so why would I have an opinion. If the officer broke the law or a policy then he should be punished. What else could you possibly want me to say?

Ask me my favorite ice cream flavor? I'll give you my opinion. As me about diesel vs gas trucks? I'll give you an opinion on that too. ask me my opinion about women cops? I'll give you a real good opinion on that.

But you want me to give an opinion about something that I didn't investigate. Truthfully its something that I really don't care about. No one got hurt, the other guy had insurance, Brian filed the complaint on the cop. Done deal.
Okay, I don't understand your reasoning, but I'll drop it.
What's your opinion on Serpico?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #51
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Okay, I don't understand your reasoning, but I'll drop it.
What's your opinion on Serpico?
:BangHead:
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #52
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
:BangHead:
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #53
Blue91
10.13.07
 
Blue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,217

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
I'd like to hear your opinion on women cops. Feel free to start another thread on it though. Interested to know your view on it.
__________________
gixxerbill - MotoHouston.com's Lifetime Intolerance Award Winner

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #54
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









women cops are about as sexy as women construction workers.

j/k
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #55
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Well look at it this way. You guys know there are some cops out there that are crooked as can be. Just file the complaint when you run across one. No body can deny the fact that peace officers are people too and are subject to f-ups. That is why there is internal affairs. The I.A. guys stay plenty busy investigating complaints and try real hard to weed out the bad apples, trust me I know.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #56
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,763

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





Well, I called the witness (Allstate guy) to get a statement from him to file this complaint and this is exactly what he told me.
Quote:
Me: Where were you when the officer came through the intersection?

Allstate guy: I was in the lane just to the right of you going westbound on Westheimer.

Me: Did you see the car hit me from behind and please describe it.

Allstate guy: Yes I did see you get rear ended. The car was a maroon 93-94 Lexus SC300 coupe.

Me: When the cop passed through the intersection did you notice anything?

Allstate guy: Yes, I saw the officer stop for a period of about 10 seconds and then he proceeded westbound.

Me: Where did the officer go from there?

Allstate guy: I caught up to him in a parking lot at the Olive Resturant.

Me: Did you talk to him?

Allstate guy: Yes

Me: What did you say?

Allstate guy: I asked him if he was on a call.

Me: And what did he say?

Allstate guy: He mumbled some words that I couldn't make out. And then I informed him that he caused an accident by his actions.

Me: What did he say to that?

Allstate guy: He said that he had seen it happen and that the guy that rear ended the blue car was at fault. And then he took off Westbound again.

Me: Would you be willing to testify if necessary about the actions of the police officer in question?

Allstate guy: Definantly yes. The guy was out of line. Unless of course he was in a call. Which looked to me that he wasn't on a call at all. Who else gets out to go to a resturant only to get back in their car to take off when confronted?

Me: Yeah I know...Looks like I will be filing a formal complaint. I will send you a copy of it when I do and can I include your contact information on it?

Allstate guy: Most certainly

Me: Thanks and bye.
__________________
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
sigpic
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #57
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
women cops are about as sexy as women construction workers.

j/k
The butch lesbian ones are the best ones.
I'm a pretty male chauvinistic person. But where I work the female cops, get off the streets faster and get behind a desk quicker than men because of the T&A. The male officers that want to hire them do so because they can have something cute to look at all day instead of another fat old head thats trying to get off the streets so he can retire in peace.

I've ran a call where a female officer saw her male partner get beat down by this dude that was on sherm. She runs to the patrol car and locks the doors, while he gets his kicked. When we asked why didn't she help, her reply was that the dude was too big and she didn't want her kicked too.

The big lesbian ones like to fight, don't run, and generally remind you of your homeboy.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #58
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Well, I called the witness (Allstate guy) to get a statement from him to file this complaint and this is exactly what he told me.
good news!

if you get on TV please wear a MH shirt
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #59
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Well, I called the witness (Allstate guy) to get a statement from him to file this complaint and this is exactly what he told me.
well there you have it. file the compl. they'll get a written statement from you and the witness. the officer will have to write a letter in regards to his actions. they will do an mdt dump and see if he was on a call or not. then thy will make a decision, administer discipline, and mail you the results. Be sure to post up when they notify you back in regards to the discipline.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #60
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
The butch lesbian ones are the best ones.
I'm a pretty male chauvinistic person. But where I work the female cops, get off the streets faster and get behind a desk quicker than men because of the T&A. The male officers that want to hire them do so because they can have something cute to look at all day instead of another fat old head thats trying to get off the streets so he can retire in peace.

I've ran a call where a female officer saw her male partner get beat down by this dude that was on sherm. She runs to the patrol car and locks the doors, while he gets his kicked. When we asked why didn't she help, her reply was that the dude was too big and she didn't want her kicked too.

The big lesbian ones like to fight, don't run, and generally remind you of your homeboy.
lmao@sherm story. priceless:laughing6
don't they make you learn how to handle yourself in those situations? I can understand that she was scared, but that 's funny.
I know how the butch ones are, but I'd still rather deal with them then a delicate, pretty one since she will most likely be surrounded by 6 -laden cops who will kick my if I look at her the wrong way, or at least that was the feeling in county.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy