MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #21
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
I know youre saying "milk it" to recipricate on the leo for the wrong he has done you, in this case he may have been in the right, but what ever the case may be, the guy following Brian was at fault for not maintaining control of his vehicle.

remember carma, only somone when they have fooked you.
you mean KARMA :icon_bigg !!! and cops have never done me wrong, every ticket i have gotten was rightfully given. But the cop could have atleast stopped, but instead he was too worried about getting to his donuts, as if there are not donut shops open 24/7!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear ended .....again pester Off Topic 21 06-01-2015 10:13 AM
Just rear ended Lokati Off Topic 49 04-01-2012 11:54 PM
Rear ended Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 11-04-2011 07:15 PM
got rear ended!! Cortez31 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 03-31-2007 01:21 AM
anyone get rear ended? Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-16-2006 05:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #22
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
the cop did **** him when he drove off instead of stopping like he should have
But he can't sue the cop - 50cc was saying he should sue the car that hit him even though the only damage was minimal.

Nikki - do you want all of us to pay higher insurance rates? That's how these things work. If 1 out of every 8 or 10 incidents are hyped up to "milk it", we all end up paying higher premiums.

Brian - glad youre not hurt.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #23
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
But he can't sue the cop - 50cc was saying he should sue the car that hit him even though the only damage was minimal.

Nikki - do you want all of us to pay higher insurance rates? That's how these things work. If 1 out of every 8 or 10 incidents are hyped up to "milk it", we all end up paying higher premiums.

Brian - glad youre not hurt.
i'm not saying to sue. he said only **** someone when they **** you, so i'm just saying the cop Did **** him. majorly. i'm not a big fan of suing, myself.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #24
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
What, Sue him????, File a Complaint???? What good is that ganna do, poor basterd wanted to get to the Donut hole before they closed....but on the realz in a couple weeks he still ganna be at it, iz alwayz their word for ours, i wont add to how i feel bout em, but juz send him down to our side of town, us vatos will teach him to think twice before tryin to leave, what if it would have been a call of life and death.....dats a shame...off with his head !!!!
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #25
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
dude, that sucks! Glad you're ok. There is no excuse for any cop who thinks he is above the law. It's understandable if he was on a call, but just because he was late for lunch? FuggDat!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 AM   #26
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Forgive me if I am wrong, but isnt it illegal for an eye witness to leave the scene of an accident without giving aid and/or providing a written or oral statement? Especially a Peace Officer!
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #27
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
the cop did **** him when he drove off instead of stopping like he should have
Failure to render aid. Is that something that would stick?
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #28
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
I think there are a few things the cop can get in a bit of uncomfortable trouble for him.

I am glad that you are not seriously hurt Brian and that everything works out for you!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

what ever happened to the law the requires them to stop and render aid!
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #30
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly
what ever happened to the law the requires them to stop and render aid!
This only applies to people actually involved in an accident.

I've passed up plenty of accidents on the fwy and render no aid. Its difficult to render aid when you are en route to render aid to someone else. If you are involved in a wreck its your responsibility to notify police if you are able and wait for them. Minor accidents with no injuries are a very low priority, and justifiably so.

I personally think that citizens should fill out all the paperwork and just have the officers write the tickets if need be. Accident reports serve one purpose. Accident Statistics for DPS and NHTSA. Thats it, nothing more.

Accidents in and of themselves are not crimes, but rather what traffic codes were violated while being involved in an the accident. 95% of all accidents can be prevented by drivers paying attention to the 4000lb object that they are operating. In almost every accident report I do, I cite driver inattention as a possible contributing factor of that accident.

I wish I had a camera for the "deer in the headlight" look I get from from people when I try to explained braking distance, in rear end collisions.

They always say "I hit the brakes but my car didn't stop in time." BS. The driver didn't allow enough stopping distance appropriate for their speed. So I have to give them a 2 min drivers ed lesson on the side of i-10 and why I'm writing them a ticket for failure to control speed.

Sorry, for the rant but bad and irresponsible drivers are a pet peeve. Because I have to end up dealing with it later on when they get into a wreck. I often think about it when we close down a freeway because someone didn't like that the gov't forces them to wear seatbelts and they were ejected out the sunroof during their rollover. Ever seen a person split perfectly in half by a signpost?

Those of you with insured vehicles will thank those of us who love to write 'no insurance' tickets when your car gets totaled out.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-11-2007 at 09:30 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #31
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k

I've passed up plenty of accidents on the fwy and render no aid. Its difficult to render aid when you are en route to render aid to someone else. If you are involved in a wreck its your responsibility to notify police if you are able and wait for them. Minor accidents with no injuries are a very low priority, and justifiably so.

I personally think that citizens should fill out all the paperwork and just have the officers write the tickets if need be. Accident reports serve one purpose. Accident Statistics for DPS and NHTSA. Thats it, nothing more.

Accidents in and of themselves are not crimes, but rather what traffic codes were violated while being involved in an the accident. 95% of all accidents can be prevented by drivers paying attention to the 4000lb object that they are operating. In almost every accident report I do, I cite driver inattention as a possible contributing factor of that accident.

I wish I had a camera for the "deer in the headlight" look I get from from people when I try to explained braking distance, in rear end collisions.

They always say "I hit the brakes but my car didn't stop in time." BS. The driver didn't allow enough stopping distance appropriate for their speed. So I have to give them a 2 min drivers ed lesson on the side of i-10 and why I'm writing them a ticket for failure to control speed.

Sorry, for the rant but bad and irresponsible drivers are a pet peeve. Because I have to end up dealing with it later on when they get into a wreck. I often think about it when we close down a freeway because someone didn't like that the gov't forces them to wear seatbelts and they were ejected out the sunroof during their rollover. Ever seen a person split perfectly in half by a signpost?

Those of you with insured vehicles will thank those of us who love to write 'no insurance' tickets when your car gets totaled out.
i agree....but what about the officer plugging lights to go thru an intersection just to go to a reastrant and get run off by an allstate agaent? just asking...i didnt see you response to that
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #32
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Yea i always wondered how that law applied.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #33
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
As a LEO, what is YOUR take on the story as you've heard it so far though?

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #34
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Sucks about your car but the guy rear ended you so it's his fault whether or not a cop went through an intersection.
LOL @ hectikillusions

From an Insurance perspective this is what it boils down to, what immediately caused your damage, and whether u were stopping fast for a red light or a emergency vehicle in NO emergency, the fugger that r/e u is liable cause he was travelling to close to u.

I would file a complaint against the officer only as an abuse of power or misuse of the emergency vehicle, but only if that Allstate agent is willing to be a witness.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #35
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersidedown
i agree....but what about the officer plugging lights to go thru an intersection just to go to a reastrant and get run off by an allstate agaent? just asking...i didnt see you response to that
I don't have a response. I don't speak for all of HPD, or all of law enforcement. I can only speak for me and what I've experienced, which may be totally different from the next guy. The officer may have done what he said, or it could be a totally different situation. We weren't there. People tell you what they remember, not necessarily what actually happened. So in dealing with witnesses, you can only go off what can be proven. So I'm not going to guess and try to formulate what happened. I'm a bit jaded and believe nothing that i hear and only half of what i see. That belief has served me well so far. IAD does a full investigation of all formalized complaints, if the officer was wrong he will be punished. It ends there.

When they finish the investigation they will mail Brian the outcome and punishment. Regardless, the accident was caused by the other vehicle failing to control speed.

I have one sustained compliant on my record for cursing out a neighbor when I stayed in an apt complex. I was in plain clothes, no uniform, not working. But he knew I was an officer and filed the complaint. I admitted to cursing him out and told the investigator that I would do it again given the chance because the dude was a nosey . Got 1 day off work with no pay, I was cited for unsound judgment.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-11-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #36
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

Quote:
I don't have a response.
got it...was just asking
Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
If not that, isn't it against the rules, or illegal, to use his lights so he can run a light to get to his restaurant 20 seconds sooner?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #38
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:

Would you consider him as being involved since it was his riding through that caused the early braking in the first place? If they want to involve motorcycles in an officer's demise because the officer pulls out to pull the motorcycle over, blows a tire, and flies off the road to his death, I think it's fair to involve a cop who inappropriately used his lights and in doing so helped cause an accident. I'm not saying the accident is completely his fault, but I'd say there's no question that he's involved to a degree and the fact that he drove off when the Allstate agent tried to question him instead of owning up to it only further shows that he's the type to turn away from his mistakes knowingly and selfishly.

Attention is always going to be a contributing factor to an accident, isn't it? It's the degree to which the driver was negligent that's important. What sort of reasoning do you use to determine how negligent the driver was? Could you provide an example?
Following too close behind someone is probably the most common, and even accepted, traffic infraction that I've noticed. It almost seems like it's not even a law, so I find it hard to call someone a bad driver based on the fact that they might not have allowed the 'appropriate' distance between themselves and another car, unless it was something ridiculous like 5 feet distance at 60 MPH. How rigid are you on the appropriate distance? If they were 20 feet too close(i don't know what the appropriate distance would be) at 60 mph, would you consider that irresponsible?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #39
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
I don't have a response. I don't speak for all of HPD, or all of law enforcement. I can only speak for me and what I've experienced, which may be totally different from the next guy. The officer may have done what he said, or it could be a totally different situation. We weren't there. People tell you what they remember, not necessarily what actually happened. So in dealing with witnesses, you can only go off what can be proven. So I'm not going to guess and try to formulate what happened. I'm a bit jaded and believe nothing that i hear and only half of what i see. That belief has served me well so far. IAD does a full investigation of all formalized complaints, if the officer was wrong he will be punished. It ends there.

When they finish the investigation they will mail Brian the outcome and punishment. Regardless, the accident was caused by the other vehicle failing to control speed.

I have one sustained compliant on my record for cursing out a neighbor when I stayed in an apt complex. I was in plain clothes, no uniform, not working. But he knew I was an officer and filed the complaint. I admitted to cursing him out and told the investigator that I would do it again given the chance because the dude was a nosey . Got 1 day off work with no pay, I was cited for unsound judgment.
You don't have to believe it to base an opinion on the circumstances described. No one's asking you to speak for HPD, I think they just want 'a' cop's perspective.
Would you reserve judgement if we were talking about some guy shooting a cop? I think it would be a lot easier to comment then, and a lot easier to believe what you hear. I think it's mostly a touchy matter because it's one of your brethren.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #40
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
You don't have to believe it to base an opinion on the circumstances described. No one's asking you to speak for HPD, I think they just want 'a' cop's perspective.
Would you reserve judgement if we were talking about some guy shooting a cop? I think it would be a lot easier to comment then, and a lot easier to believe what you hear. I think it's mostly a touchy matter because it's one of your brethren.
Ok this ones's easy. Were you there? Did you talk to everyone involved. Did you make the scene? I wasn't. So I can't say what happened. But I do know that we only have one side being told.

I choose to not have an opinion on this matter, and yet I works accidents five days a week so I haven't he slightest clue of what I talk about. Sorry, sir.

This isn't a touchy matter for me at all. I don't considers all cops to be my brothers, those days in law enforcement are long gone. The only cop that pays the bills in my house is me, so forgive me if my loyalty to my occupation seems a bit lacking.

Advertisement