MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #41
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)

Hoping for the best of you, broski. Business is business and all, but with how much dealerships work out of us year-round, it'd be nice to see someone walk off with a free motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha Nights! LLanera Stunters Lounge 146 07-25-2010 02:26 PM
Killing it at Katy Yamaha AJFLo Stunters Lounge 24 12-14-2009 09:22 PM
Katy Yamaha AJFLo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-28-2009 04:05 PM
Katy Yamaha. Yamawhore General Discussion (Moto Related) 132 04-13-2009 05:30 PM
Visited Katy Yamaha Today Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-18-2008 09:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #42
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
The RSV4 and TuonoV4 have been received very well by both the moto press and the buying public. The new Caponord 1200 should give MTS a run for the sporty adv tourer money. The rest of the line are so-so, I agree.

Ducati is doing pretty good, whether you like the brand or not. With Ferdinand Piech pumping R&D money into the brand, they are going to have some great bikes coming soon I bet.

Guzzi is interesting, but more of a niche brand. MV is even more so.

I'm sorry, but the Indian built Nortons just don't do anything for me.
I know I wasn't very clear. I meant the options for buying those two brands in Houston is "less than." Would be great to have an honest dealer/service department to deal with, but no such luck around here. You've got what's their face with the same three aprilias on the showroom floor for knows how long and no customer service, and then there's who's a what's it, with the retarded fees that are 3x that of any other dealer, not to mention the financing dude that's always coked out of his mind. No thanks.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #43
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

stopped by there today. They definitely are closed. They are taking the UTV line (bianchi?) to a shop in conroe, the yamaha tech is going there as well. TXDOT needs to approve the deal between them and WW. If all goes well, they will be getting the bikes and the dealership. WW has recently expanded so that should be a good move. All those brands under one roof.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
stopped by there today. They definitely are closed. They are taking the UTV line (bianchi?) to a shop in conroe, the yamaha tech is going there as well. TXDOT needs to approve the deal between them and WW. If all goes well, they will be getting the bikes and the dealership. WW has recently expanded so that should be a good move. All those brands under one roof.
i filed a complaint with the dmv on the katy yamaha dealer license for failing to properly register a vehicle within 30 days. Aside from that, the sales tax, the registration, and the title fee's were also never paid. I feel bad if this happened to other people, because now ( within the next week or so ) is when people would start to realize katy yamaha is gone, and they don't have any paperwork. That's going to leave wild west honda with some angry people. Granted, it's not there fault, and they can't do anything about it, but bad publicity , in any form is bad publicity. Hope it all works out in that aspect.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #45
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
I know I wasn't very clear. I meant the options for buying those two brands in Houston is "less than." Would be great to have an honest dealer/service department to deal with, but no such luck around here. You've got what's their face with the same three aprilias on the showroom floor for knows how long and no customer service, and then there's who's a what's it, with the retarded fees that are 3x that of any other dealer, not to mention the financing dude that's always coked out of his mind. No thanks.
I reread your original post and realized my reading comprehension in this thread really is lousy. Make perfect sense to me now.

I dont want to badmouth somebody's livelihood, but knowing whats available 150 miles away really makes me wish for the same. Having had my RSVR, I am really passionate about the brand. But considering all factors involved, I'm hesitant to get another.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #46
Bigshankhank

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

I used to buy parts for my old XJ550 from Katy Yamaha. Oh well.
Wild West carries KTM, yeah? Let me know when they start getting Duke 390's please.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

I heard back from the finance company. I told them multiple times they don't have the title, they told me they did, over and over again. I got tired of arguing with them. So i said " just send me the copy you have " , they said okay. Well, they went to get the title this morning, and they don't have it. So they called me asking me what's going on...... They spoke to patty the owner over at yamaha , and she told them she was sending it on monday. How one of the largest banks on the planet can give 8 thousand dollars without securing the collateral is beyond me. Now we are going on katy yamaha's empty promises they will send them the title... so we shall see
Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #48
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

FREE TRACK BIKE
Old 10-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #49
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

lol for those of you that think the bike will end up free, sorry it's not happening :( .

Believe it or not, this happens a lot more than you think. When you sign a sales agreement, they have clauses in the contract just for this. Although the bank may not be primary intrest on the title, they are still an interested party, and still have legal rights over he bike. If i don't pay, they come get.... no way around that. I can file for a lost title, because essentially that's what it is, but i would still owe money on the bike, they just can stop me from selling it. So either way you look at it, the loan will be paid for.

The finance company spoke to patty ( owner of katy yamaha ) and she assured them she would have this taken care of on monday. SO, essentially, had i not called the finance company, and had i not found the dealer, i could have done all of this, and the finance company never would have known. However, the loan even then would have to be paid back. At this point, it's just a matter of how GE capital managed to give 8 thousand dollars to a dealership who never signed over the title right away. After 90 days they should have figured out what was going on and demanded it.

So at the end of the day, this will be resolved, and ill still have a loan. The only issue is, i had to waste my time to get it done. In return, the bank doesn't even bother to say " thanks for finding out we don't have a title for us " , instead they just say " we are investigating it " . that's the answer I got, and now i just have to wait hoping that this crooked dealership actually does what they said they would do. I hope ( although I know it's not the case ) , the fines for her abrupt lies, are met with an extremely high fine for her lazyness, and lying. the fee's though, are cheap.

I urge anyone who purchased anything through this dealership within the past 6 months to make sure everything is in order.. They are extremely shaddy. the excuse was " we were slow ". Feel bad they lost there business, but in the end, she lied, lied, and lied a little more. I wish nothing more for them to be penalized for how they did business

Thanks again for all of your input.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #50
cobrakiller02

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
To many to list

I worked for them for a couple years. I painted that whole place, built the walls, moved everything in, turned wrenches, sold parts. I did everything for those suckers. It went to when they brought there son in to run the place. He didnt know one thing about a bike. He use to work at discount tire and they brought him in to run the whole store. lmao..they would promise us all this bullshit but it was just one lie after another. I dont feel bad for wayne or patty. They both can suck my
Old 11-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #51
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

SOUNDS TO ME they screw up. Wasnt there a bunch of thread on here about how Yamaha katy use to ride customers bikes and !
Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #52
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
SOUNDS TO ME they screw up. Wasnt there a bunch of thread on here about how Yamaha katy use to ride customers bikes and !
Fowler6 had an issue with them if I recall.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #53
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
now that you mention, I do remember something like that

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #54
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakiller02 View Post
... I dont feel bad for wayne or patty. They both can suck my
Haven't met either of them, so no idea what Patty looks like, but are you sure you're okay letting Wayne polish your ?
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Fowler had a problem, though that may have been strongly influenced by his attitude and being a past employee. Seems there were some hard feelings there before the incident.

Riding customer bikes, yes, I remember that. I'd seen them within the 2 surrounding blocks all the time, not sure whose bikes they were on. Honestly though, I don't mind a test ride... no joy rides though. And that's only if it's needed.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #56
BD#270

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
CRF 250

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
Regarding Wild West Honda having angry customers, we are not purchasing Katy Yamaha or any of their work in progress or issues they had with customers. Only buying the Yamaha franchise which does not include any of their bullshit. Yamaha originally wanted us to take over that location and we absolutely wanted nothing to do with that place and it's tainted reputation. Also remember, this is not a done deal. The final date for this sale to be completed is Nov. 22. If we don't have the state liscense and Yamaha dealer number by then the deal is off. Even if it does go through, it will be Jan. 1st before we are completely ready to be a full servicing Yamaha dealer and have the necessary tools and inventory to make it work. I will have access to OEM Yamaha parts prior to that date if everything goes as planned.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

RIP Katy Yamaha. We all knew it was just a matter of time. Good luck to those that lost their jobs. Ya'll should have worked harder, LOL.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #58
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

SO did WW get the deal?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #59
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
Unfortunately I agree with you. I feel bad for patty (the owner of the dealership ). But now that the finance company is eventually going to realize they have a lien they are going to not be pleased. My fault ; ( I should know more Monday and I shall update
Katy Yamaha inflicted more pain on its customers than is reasonable…as others have commented, take the money and run…or you could send it to me.

PM me for mailing addy if interested.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #60
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredford View Post
Katy Yamaha inflicted more pain on its customers than is reasonable…as others have commented, take the money and run…or you could send it to me.

PM me for mailing addy if interested.
at the end of the day I walked away with a bike that has no lien. So i don't care so much any more. They did inflict a lot of pain. the only reason I wen't there is because they had yamahas, and it was semi close to brenham. Had I known they were a bunch of lazy excuse making pansies i would have taken my money elsewhere.

Advertisement