MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,720












Play the lottery next!
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha Nights! LLanera Stunters Lounge 146 07-25-2010 02:26 PM
Killing it at Katy Yamaha AJFLo Stunters Lounge 24 12-14-2009 09:22 PM
Katy Yamaha AJFLo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-28-2009 04:05 PM
Katy Yamaha. Yamawhore General Discussion (Moto Related) 132 04-13-2009 05:30 PM
Visited Katy Yamaha Today Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-18-2008 09:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





the GM at wild west called me, super nice fella. He said he would get my number to someone who might be able to assist me. Thanks for the information everyone. I'll let you know what ends up happening
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BD#270 View Post
Here at Wild West Honda we are attempting to purchase the Yamaha franchise only and move Yamaha to our current location. It's been a slow process, but everything is starting to happen. The Yamaha rep was here yesterday. However, until we have a Yamaha dealer # we are not the new Yamaha dealer. Our deadline is Nov. 22. If we don't have a dealer # by that time the deal is off. Once again, only buying the Yamaha franchise. We are not taking any work in process from Katy Yamaha or any deals in process. Their reputation has not been great and we don't want to be associated. We do hope to offer Yamaha customers on the West side much better customer service. I've always been a Yamaha fan, I hope it all comes together as planned. We will also be undergoing a major remodel to make room for another line of product.
I hope you guys pick up Yamaha. Might have to change your name to Wild West Motorsport.

Houston needs another good multi-line dealer. You know how the saying goes - big enough to cope, small enough to care.

While you are at it... get another Euro brand. Triumph might be tough since there is already another one down the road. May be Ducati or Aprilia.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
BD#270
Senior Member
 
BD#270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Copperfield
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 960

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
CRF 250







Send a message via AIM to BD#270
Wild West Motoplex? Love it or hate, I've heard rumors of that being our new name if the Yamaha deal happens.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #25
EquinsuOcha
Senior Member
 
EquinsuOcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kirby
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 266

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6









I would consider getting an attorney involved in this. Especially if it means getting a free bike from a company that doesn't exist anymore.
EquinsuOcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #26
Mr F.
Throbbing Member
 
Mr F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,096


Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am








Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
While you are at it... get another Euro brand. Triumph might be tough since there is already another one down the road. May be Ducati or Aprilia.
This same thought crossed my mind. The current options for the latter two brands are mediocre at best.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
BD#270
Senior Member
 
BD#270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Copperfield
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 960

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
CRF 250







Send a message via AIM to BD#270
Suzuki and Triumph are right down the street. If we can add Yamaha to our current line up we'll be in good shape.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #28
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,386

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by BD#270 View Post
Suzuki and Triumph are right down the street. If we can add Yamaha to our current line up we'll be in good shape.
I hate that suzuki dealership. They are rude when you try and order parts.
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by BD#270 View Post
Wild West Motoplex? Love it or hate, I've heard rumors of that being our new name if the Yamaha deal happens.
Sounds good
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #30
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
I hope you guys pick up Yamaha. Might have to change your name to Wild West Motorsport.

Houston needs another good multi-line dealer. You know how the saying goes - big enough to cope, small enough to care.

While you are at it... get another Euro brand. Triumph might be tough since there is already another one down the road. May be Ducati or Aprilia.
Can we PLEASE get a Norton dealer in this town!
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
This same thought crossed my mind. The current options for the latter two brands are mediocre at best.
The RSV4 and TuonoV4 have been received very well by both the moto press and the buying public. The new Caponord 1200 should give MTS a run for the sporty adv tourer money. The rest of the line are so-so, I agree.

Ducati is doing pretty good, whether you like the brand or not. With Ferdinand Piech pumping R&D money into the brand, they are going to have some great bikes coming soon I bet.

Guzzi is interesting, but more of a niche brand. MV is even more so.

I'm sorry, but the Indian built Nortons just don't do anything for me.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #32
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








Quote:
Originally Posted by BD#270 View Post
Here at Wild West Honda we are attempting to purchase the Yamaha franchise only and move Yamaha to our current location. It's been a slow process, but everything is starting to happen. The Yamaha rep was here yesterday. However, until we have a Yamaha dealer # we are not the new Yamaha dealer. Our deadline is Nov. 22. If we don't have a dealer # by that time the deal is off. Once again, only buying the Yamaha franchise. We are not taking any work in process from Katy Yamaha or any deals in process. Their reputation has not been great and we don't want to be associated. We do hope to offer Yamaha customers on the West side much better customer service. I've always been a Yamaha fan, I hope it all comes together as planned. We will also be undergoing a major remodel to make room for another line of product.
Good to hear, and good choice. "not been great" reputation is an understatement. There's only been one time I was happy there... the inspection sticker plates were cheaper than I expected

Didn't ya'll just renovate? Seems like you're gonna run out of space! Unless you build out into the parking lot, though I'm sure that space is nice to have at time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
While you are at it... get another ____ brand. Triumph might be tough since there is already another one down the road. May be Ducati or Aprilia.
Cough Buell Cough
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
The RSV4 and TuonoV4 have been received very well by both the moto press and the buying public. The new Caponord 1200 should give MTS a run for the sporty adv tourer money. The rest of the line are so-so, I agree.

Ducati is doing pretty good, whether you like the brand or not. With Ferdinand Piech pumping R&D money into the brand, they are going to have some great bikes coming soon I bet.

Guzzi is interesting, but more of a niche brand. MV is even more so.

I'm sorry, but the Indian built Nortons just don't do anything for me.
Indian built Nortons? Are you thinking of Royal Enfield? Nortons are being hand built in UK now... first shipment is headed to the US right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_...Donington_Hall
www.nortonmotorcycles.com
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #34
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





Spoke to the dmv. The finance company and the dealership. Finance company was given a title signed to them but never filed with the state. Dealership says they will do it monday. Finance company said I can re register it myself if I pay the fees but I'm not doing that. Dealership Gave paper plates again until December 24th. Dmv said I need to find out why I'm paying a lien bolder that doesn't have a lien on my bike :/ it's all quite confusing but at least I can ride legally now finance company is sending me a copy of there title so I can put eyes on whatever it is they have. If the dealership hasn't filed with the state yet I'm having a hard time understanding what the finance company thinks they have .
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #35
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,709

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





FREE BIKE
__________________
sbmsafesig
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #36
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I am interested in seeing how this plays out.
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Indian built Nortons? Are you thinking of Royal Enfield? Nortons are being hand built in UK now... first shipment is headed to the US right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_...Donington_Hall
www.nortonmotorcycles.com
Oops. Major brain fart.

Same genre but completely different execution. Big difference.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #38
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







I feel like you're gonna screw yourself here, by trying to play the nice guy. As a famous man once said, "Oooooh, take the money and run"
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Shark View Post
I feel like you're gonna screw yourself here, by trying to play the nice guy. As a famous man once said, "Oooooh, take the money and run"
Unfortunately I agree with you. I feel bad for patty (the owner of the dealership ). But now that the finance company is eventually going to realize they have a lien they are going to not be pleased. My fault ; ( I should know more Monday and I shall update
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #40
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





That they don't have...and they are going to realize...failed phone typing. My bad
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy