MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
E-Train

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 sv650
crf100

N00b questions: What front forks do I have and TMGP tire questions

Hey guys,

I bought my xr100 used a while back and the original owner doesn't remember what front forks he has on it. One of those facts lost in time I guess

The bike overall is an XR but with front disc brakes (klx perhaps?). I'm wondering if anyone can give me an ID on what's in the pictures as I'm going to get the BBR springs before Katy. I looked for a marking of some kind but couldn't find any. Also, any idea who would be able to install them?

Finally, I'm going to replace the front tire that has started cracking. Currently I have a battlax racing 90/580R17 and I'd like your input on 1) What's the tire to have these days and 2) where you guys purchase them (online or instore).

Thanks for the help.
-K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	73350   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	73351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	73352  

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP questions TheBeeDeeGee Taking it to the Track 18 06-11-2013 11:14 AM
tire questions Mercilus General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 08-07-2012 08:49 AM
tire questions TrevorC Taking it to the Track 5 04-06-2009 07:21 PM
Just a few questions *n00b* sevret.t General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 12-22-2008 10:22 PM
Tire questions ownage General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 03-17-2006 11:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

That could be CR80 conventional front forks. You might be able to find a number on the front disk or hub that you may be able to track down. There are a few guys with the CR fronts that may be able to tell you more on here and on TMGP forum. The tire... I think Bridgestone BT45s are fine, you can order online at many places like ron ayers, partzilla, southwest moto tire or you can get them from any Bridgestone tire dealer. I am not sure the tire of choice on big rims these days as I have all 12 inch rims on my minis. Good luck and post up more if you need anything.

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

What model of tire do you have on the front? Should have a BT something or other on it. I didnt realize you have 17s on the front, you can go from a good DOT tire to even a race slick if you want.

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
E-Train

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 sv650
crf100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
That could be CR80 conventional front forks. You might be able to find a number on the front disk or hub that you may be able to track down. There are a few guys with the CR fronts that may be able to tell you more on here and on TMGP forum. The tire... I think Bridgestone BT45s are fine, you can order online at many places like ron ayers, partzilla, southwest moto tire or you can get them from any Bridgestone tire dealer. I am not sure the tire of choice on big rims these days as I have all 12 inch rims on my minis. Good luck and post up more if you need anything.
You guessed it bagwell, they seem to be CR80 front forks. "GS2" was stamped into them.

The fronts are Battlax Racing 90/580r17s so unless I hear differently I'll just order another.....
Old 10-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I run dunlop slicks on mine...you can get them from Whoop...or patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited can get them and mount them up for you....

Advertisement