Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

when I ride my bicycle, I do my best not to hold up motorized vehicles. I also do what I can to insure my safety. I usually do not ride in high traffic time periods, but then again I do not commute on a bicycle, I do it for exercise. I ride daily at lunch (except Fridays when I go to KPOP) and on weekends I ride at 6:30 to 8 in the morning.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W RACER'S ROAD RUN! Adamhijazi1 Events, Meets and Rides 71 01-29-2012 01:31 AM
ROAD RAGE! pick up vs bikes CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 08-28-2011 01:54 PM
Pictures of bikes on the Pancho Run ScooterTrash Off Topic 1 06-30-2010 09:35 AM
Guy tried to run me off the road jfly General Discussion (Moto Related) 79 09-27-2008 08:36 PM
Back Road run sunday? bigcomfy Events, Meets and Rides 21 12-12-2005 03:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #42
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
when I ride my bicycle, I do my best not to hold up motorized vehicles. I also do what I can to insure my safety. I usually do not ride in high traffic time periods, but then again I do not commute on a bicycle, I do it for exercise. I ride daily at lunch (except Fridays when I go to KPOP) and on weekends I ride at 6:30 to 8 in the morning.
There you go, being all sensible again.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #43
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Good to see you getting into shape.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #44
Tiller

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

I was in League city on my bicycle once and came up on a traffic light. There was construction on this road and was barreled off to one lane. I had three or four cars come up behind me so I decide to do the considerate thing and blow the light and get out of the way. When the intersection was clear I rode across and into the blocked off lane and waited for the traffic to pass. It wasn't long after the traffic passed this cop pulls me over and gives a ticket for running the light. Ever since then I said Fk it and started taking the whole lane so cars have to change lanes to go around, if you ride all the way to the right off the lane the drivers will blow by not even giving you a foot. It makes me laugh when these idiots tell me to get on the side walk. You try riding on a side walks made for pedestrians at 20-25 mph. Then I go ride the bayou trails and get yelled at for almost running over the walkers and joggers.
Tiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
I was in League city on my bicycle once and came up on a traffic light. There was construction on this road and was barreled off to one lane. I had three or four cars come up behind me so I decide to do the considerate thing and blow the light and get out of the way. When the intersection was clear I rode across and into the blocked off lane and waited for the traffic to pass. It wasn't long after the traffic passed this cop pulls me over and gives a ticket for running the light. Ever since then I said Fk it and started taking the whole lane so cars have to change lanes to go around, if you ride all the way to the right off the lane the drivers will blow by not even giving you a foot. It makes me laugh when these idiots tell me to get on the side walk. You try riding on a side walks made for pedestrians at 20-25 mph. Then I go ride the bayou trails and get yelled at for almost running over the walkers and joggers.
Lol. I had to go around a lot of cars today on 290 driving in the fast lane with bicycles on racks going very very slow.
In reference to your post, you did the right thing. Some cops just hate two wheels, and some love them.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #46
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Sometimes all it takes to off a motorist is to just be on a bicycle - and nothing else.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #47
harrisj02

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ducati Diavel

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZero View Post
Haha, not gonna lie I laughed a bit.

To answer all the questions about why the vegans couldn't stop him, well without substantial protein in their diet they just don't have the brawn to stop a true red meat eating 74 year old AMERICAN!
My wife tried being a vegan and all she got was an allergy to soy. Go team AMERICA.
harrisj02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #48
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisj02 View Post
My wife tried being a vegan and all she got was an allergy to soy. Go team AMERICA.
Eat meat with some vegetables.

Advertisement