MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Bicycles have as much right as cars to occupy an entire lane. Until Texas becomes a real state and makes some bike paths! Riding on the sidewalk is suicide in this city.

I hope Grandpa get hit with the book...these people did nothing wrong.
Actually they are only allowed the very far right of the lane nearest the curb and cannot ride two abreast unless passing or a sanctioned event
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W RACER'S ROAD RUN! Adamhijazi1 Events, Meets and Rides 71 01-29-2012 01:31 AM
ROAD RAGE! pick up vs bikes CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 08-28-2011 01:54 PM
Pictures of bikes on the Pancho Run ScooterTrash Off Topic 1 06-30-2010 09:35 AM
Guy tried to run me off the road jfly General Discussion (Moto Related) 79 09-27-2008 08:36 PM
Back Road run sunday? bigcomfy Events, Meets and Rides 21 12-12-2005 03:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Actually they are only allowed the very far right of the lane nearest the curb and cannot ride two abreast unless passing or a sanctioned event
I had to cross a double yellow once to get around them. I always slow down though.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #23
MikeyP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Staggered formation just like our group rides only slower.
Honestly I have seen bicycles, cars, motorcycles, ect. disrupt the flow of traffic. You know if you were on your bike you could have just slid in between them.
The law specifically says single-file.
Hobbiest cyclists get preferential treatment over Hipster, fixy riding, douche-bags, any day
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
The law specifically says single-file.
Hobbiest cyclists get preferential treatment over Hipster, fixy riding, douche-bags, any day
Yeah, you think they would hear a super douche on a 1000RR highly modified doing 100+ and move over.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #25
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Bicyclists have the same rights as MVs and must obey the same traffic laws. Unless, you are on said bicycle, the you have the same rights as MVs, and can disregard all traffic laws and claim youre not on a MV, youre on a bike.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #26
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Bicyclists have the same rights as MVs and must obey the same traffic laws. Unless, you are on said bicycle, the you have the same rights as MVs, and can disregard all traffic laws and claim youre not on a MV, youre on a bike.
Spin talk.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #27
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I was going to eork a few years ago on Dean Keaton Blvd at UT in Austin. Reached the end and had to turn right, saw a fixed gear douche coming fast to my right between taffic and parked cars. I could tell he was going to blow through the red light like the always do. But i did my stop, no traffic from the left so i went to turn right on red. I go and i hear a thud and fell my Jeep jerk a little, i look in the rear view and jst saw a pair of feet on the air tumbling downward upside dow.
Got a smile on my face and calmy kept driving.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #28
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I was going to eork a few years ago on Dean Keaton Blvd at UT in Austin. Reached the end and had to turn right, saw a fixed gear douche coming fast to my right between taffic and parked cars. I could tell he was going to blow through the red light like the always do. But i did my stop, no traffic from the left so i went to turn right on red. I go and i hear a thud and fell my Jeep jerk a little, i look in the rear view and jst saw a pair of feet on the air tumbling downward upside dow.
Got a smile on my face and calmy kept driving.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #29
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Yeah, you think they would hear a super douche on a 1000RR highly modified doing 100+ and move over.
They have no idea you are a super douche, until you pass. By that time it is pretty obvious.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #30
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

551.103. Operation on Roadway(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person operating a bicycle on a roadway who is moving slower than the other traffic on the roadway shall ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway, unless:(1) the person is passing another vehicle moving in the same direction;(2) the person is preparing to turn left at an intersection or onto a private road or driveway;(3) a condition on or of the roadway, including a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, pedestrian, animal, or surface hazard prevents the person from safely riding next to the right curb or edge of the roadway; or(4) the person is operating a bicycle in an outside lane that is:(A) less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or(B) too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side.(b) A person operating a bicycle on a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes may ride as near as practicable to the left curb or edge of the roadway.(c) Persons operating bicycles on a roadway may ride two abreast. Persons riding two abreast on a laned roadway shall ride in a single lane. Persons riding two abreast may not impede the normal and reasonable flow of traffic on the roadway. Persons may not ride more than two abreast unless they are riding on a part of a roadway set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles.- See more at: http://www.biketexas.org/es/infrastr....jCy3aCV8.dpuf
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #31
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
They have no idea you are a super douche, until you pass. By that time it is pretty obvious.
Very true Glen. I am toning it down on the street, and pushing on the track.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #32
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

two things.
one it seems subjective
two they need to have a B endorsement. or at least have a 50 - 100 tax on the phrase of a bike to. pay for a bike lane
Old 10-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #33
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZero View Post
Haha, not gonna lie I laughed a bit.

To answer all the questions about why the vegans couldn't stop him, well without substantial protein in their diet they just don't have the brawn to stop a true red meat eating 74 year old AMERICAN!
Its MURICAN. Get it right.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #34
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Bicycles have as much right as cars to occupy an entire lane. Until Texas becomes a real state and makes some bike paths! Riding on the sidewalk is suicide in this city.

I hope Grandpa get hit with the book...these people did nothing wrong.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
True, but if there isn't room to safely occupy the same lane, they are allowed to move left enough that douche bags won't try stupid trying to slip by in the lane. And if that's the case... who cares if they are single/double, as they are occupying the lane. Riding double increases the visibility so drivers have plenty of time to see them and move over or time their pass. Almost all of them time, if you end up crawling at 15mph behind a bike, it's cause you didn't pay attention to the road ahead of you.

by the law as posted above....
"(A) less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or(B) too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side."
Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #35
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

MH.com has become CM.com

(Critical Mass)

STFUAR!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #36
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Almost all of them time, if you end up crawling at 15mph behind a bike, it's cause you didn't pay attention to the road ahead of you.

by the law as posted above....
"(A) less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or(B) too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side."

your crazy! how many roads have you measured to be less than 14' wide? Get a tape measure and understand the distance you are quoting as "your out".
and as far as it being a drivers fault for getting trapped behind a group of bicyclist, thats the most absurd thing I have ever heard, have you seen how they ride in the webster/ santa fe area?

Its against the law to peddle !

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #37
MikeyP

Quote:
551.103. Operation on Roadway(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person operating a bicycle on a roadway who is moving slower than the other traffic on the roadway shall ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway, unless:(1) the person is passing another vehicle moving in the same direction;(2) the person is preparing to turn left at an intersection or onto a private road or driveway;(3) a condition on or of the roadway, including a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, pedestrian, animal, or surface hazard prevents the person from safely riding next to the right curb or edge of the roadway; or(4) the person is operating a bicycle in an outside lane that is:(A) less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or(B) too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side.(b) A person operating a bicycle on a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes may ride as near as practicable to the left curb or edge of the roadway.(c) Persons operating bicycles on a roadway may ride two abreast. Persons riding two abreast on a laned roadway shall ride in a single lane. Persons riding two abreast may not impede the normal and reasonable flow of traffic on the roadway. Persons may not ride more than two abreast unless they are riding on a part of a roadway set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles.- See more at: http://www.biketexas.org/es/infrastr....jCy3aCV8.dpuf
Used to be single-file. :shrugs:
Wonder when that changed.
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

The old man was wrong.

Bicyclists need to follow the rules too though. After work last Wednesday there was one (1) guy on a bicycle riding in the middle of the right lane. The speed limit on B8 @ Clay rd feeder is 50 mph - and this was 5:15PM rush hour traffic. He was backing up traffic. Be reasonable, folks.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
Grimace

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
MH.com has become CM.com

(Critical Mass)

STFUAR!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #40
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

There were a bunch of bicycles going through the forest today. I was able to be patient, and passed them with plenty of room.

Advertisement