Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
beck28

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2008 SV650S
DRZ400 tard
CR125

Riders in the Northwest - Watch out!

This may have been an isolated event, but worth putting a warning out there. I'll make a long story as short as possible. Last night my bike broke down on 249. I just needed a bolt, which was brought to me. Battery died since the hazards were on and the bike was stuck in 6th gear so I couldn't leave it started, so we had to jump start the bike. Had a car parked on the shoulder with the two bikes parked behind it (battery is in the trunk). No cars were in the right two lanes at this point, only a car in the left lane about a mile down. We were as far onto the shoulder as possible when the car that was in the far left lane quickly swerved into the right lane, came 3 feet into the shoulder and came inches away from taking all of us out. The person on the bike closest to the road was able to jump over the bike and get out of the way just in time.

The car was a dark blue new model Mustang with HIDs, very dark tinted windows, and a loud aftermarket exhaust. Unfortunately we could not get a plate number or description of the driver, but we did try.... the Mustang disappeared going about 130 through a residential area off of Old Louetta just south of Spring Cypress.

Right before all this happened, there was another shady car that pulled in front of the car we had parked on the shoulder asking if we were the person who crashed on a bike. When we said no, they sped off. Could have been unrelated, but still strange.

The good news, no bodily harm other than a scraped knee. The bad news, both of my pristine bikes are now scratched up. :( And from now on loctite will be my friend...

It was a very strange night and sounds like other stuff went down in that area.

The cops were notified and were keeping an eye out for the Mustang driver. Be safe out there!
beck28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch Out Fellow Riders ! DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-28-2012 07:48 PM
Northwest riders who want to meet and ride to James Coney on westheimer noy609 Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-03-2011 04:46 PM
northwest side riders lilwaters Events, Meets and Rides 44 10-06-2009 11:13 AM
northwest riders-cypress, jv,willowbrook basically anywhere around 290/249 Whorenet Off Topic 131 06-09-2008 03:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
CrateCookie

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 650

Member Garage

that's nuts

There must be something in the water or the moon is jacked up because people have been crazier than normal on the road the last couple of weeks. Glad they didn't get you.
CrateCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

I'm glad yall are alright. More reason to get a chl to defend yourself against the crazies n bike jackers. I have a truck n yall have my number so don't be shy to call for help.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
messiah

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
02 954rr

why didn't you push start the bike?
messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
dboi
r1

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Same here I got truck and live real close to willow brook just pm me if someone needs help getting lifted to safe grounds
Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
beck28

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2008 SV650S
DRZ400 tard
CR125

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
I'm glad yall are alright. More reason to get a chl to defend yourself against the crazies n bike jackers. I have a truck n yall have my number so don't be shy to call for help.
That is the first thing I said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboi View Post
Same here I got truck and live real close to willow brook just pm me if someone needs help getting lifted to safe grounds
Thank you both! I will keep that in mind if I am ever stranded again. At least this time it was an easy fix. We were close to home, so waiting for the bolt was about the same amount of time it would have been for someone to show up in a truck and get the bike loaded up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
why didn't you push start the bike?
At the point in which we were ready to start the bike, the cables were right there and push starting wouldn't have gotten us out of there any faster.
beck28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

That's some weird .

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote