MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

No kidding. Look at all the different pet food brands that were made by the same manufacturer with the recent pet food problem. I'm sure Honda doesn't have the resources to have a whole little manufacturing plant just for making their spray. :icon_smil
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Wax/Polish??? coachdave General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 11-06-2008 07:56 PM
Pro Honda spray cleaner polish flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-13-2008 07:02 PM
ever used Honda polish and.... cyclesnoopy General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-02-2008 10:19 PM
Honda Spray Polish is back! Robert95z General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-26-2007 04:44 PM
Motorcycle Polish Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 08-03-2006 08:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
I use this stuff almost every time i pull my bike out. gotta keep the chrome pipes bling'in. It's good on paint too!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #23
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

I have like 6 cans at the shop left and were all done... we tell everyone its some hippie california laws but it was actually something in the polish that affects the paint.

My parts manager says YES this is discontinued.. I sold 3 cases to someone today at $7 a pop= $252+tax
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #24
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
I don't clean my bike, but one of my friends swears by furniture polish to clean off the bugs and grime after a ride. Says it makes it easier to get the bugs and road gunk off the bike the next time too, since it leaves a protective film on the paint.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #25
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I don't clean my bike, but one of my friends swears by furniture polish to clean off the bugs and grime after a ride. Says it makes it easier to get the bugs and road gunk off the bike the next time too, since it leaves a protective film on the paint.

Murphy oil soap is the shiznit!
Murphy Oil Soap resized200
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #26
jb41

Bike(s):
2000 RC51

Send a message via AIM to jb41 Send a message via Yahoo to jb41
Most bike cleaners do the job, but the Honda cleaner works the best. IMO
Glad they arent discontinuing it.....
Two of my friends swear by this stuff. Made them so lazy that they refuse to wash their bikes with soap and water. Eh hemm......koskesh, inspiredm3
bet they'll read this post and freak out!!:BangHead:
jb41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #27
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z
I have like 6 cans at the shop left and were all done... we tell everyone its some hippie california laws but it was actually something in the polish that affects the paint.

My parts manager says YES this is discontinued.. I sold 3 cases to someone today at $7 a pop= $252+tax
OK. Wait. So then it really is discontinued for damaging the paint? And they're not just changing the propellant? Has anyone else heard this?
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
THEY ARE DISCONTINUING IT.....that's what i hear.....GO SEE PATRICK AT MOTORCYCLES UNLIMITED!!!! he's holdin out on us....he's got like 30 cans of this stuff left....this stuff is like a drug

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #29
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

what i heard its being discontinued for 6-7 months till they come out with a new formula. Honda dropped the company that was making it because they didnt back Honda when a DEATH arrived from some chemical in the can..

how true this is i really dont know... i really dont think anyone has the real story behind this, maybe someone can chime in
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #30
imjester77
01 ZX9R

Bike(s):
01' ZX9R

I have been using this stuff since I can remember. My harley looked better with it than the Harley gloss I had. It works for everything. Paint? Ive never had any problems on my paint jobs from this stuff. Maybe in 20 years I'll grow a third eye, but at least my bike looked good!

Advertisement