MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #141
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper
 
MagnaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 204


Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna









Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
8 pages later everyone is still expressing thier OWN opinion and getting no where. It is in the past, so just put it behind you and look forward to the next trackday with better weather.
Just my 0.02
Forums pretty much are just people expressing their opinion and talking.

It can lead to a better understanding of things. I've learned a lot from some of the other posts here, particularly the more recent ones that provided information rather than telling complainers to shut up. I now have a better understanding of the weather policies with track owners, thanks to MacMan. And Longnguyen raises some good questions about how strong motorcycle track organizations are perceived.

Just dismissing stuff without discussing it means you learn nothing and it's how you repeat mistakes or misunderstandings again. And no good changes ever come from blind acceptance.
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Smart Street Smart August 2013 Contest RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 08-08-2013 11:34 AM
Too Broke to Ride MSRH w/ Ride Smart this weekend? I'll cover half. cyon Taking it to the Track 57 07-12-2013 09:00 PM
Ride Smart Discounts? orbit398 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 9 06-03-2013 10:49 PM
Thank you Ride Smart and all! Herf Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 03-31-2009 01:53 PM
My view on Ride Smart MudBug Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 03-30-2009 11:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #142
50cc chick
I <3 Josh
 
50cc chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: land of sugar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,207


Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)









Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
yeah yeah yeah, but why keep it going if all you guys are doing is going around and around about your opinions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
women just make it so hard to get... why can't you be like dogs, we walk up, sniff your , if we like it we get it right then and there!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #143
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper
 
MagnaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 204


Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna









Never mind. You just missed the point. :icon_smil Opinions lead to discussion and that can lead to learning. Like someone already said, "if you don't like discussing it, you don't have to read it." But you don't need to jump in and tell people to quit talking. It's really not your place. Not trying to be mean spirited, but that's the nature of a forum. You're not forced to read the thread.
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #144
50cc chick
I <3 Josh
 
50cc chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: land of sugar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,207


Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)









Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaMan
Never mind. You just missed the point. :icon_smil Opinions lead to discussion and that can lead to learning. Like someone already said, "if you don't like discussing it, you don't have to read it." But you don't need to jump in and tell people to quit talking. It's really not your place. Not trying to be mean spirited, but that's the nature of a forum. You're not forced to read the thread.
no i get what you're saying, however all i see in this thread is who is trying to be right. more of arguments not "learning material"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
women just make it so hard to get... why can't you be like dogs, we walk up, sniff your , if we like it we get it right then and there!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #145
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,501

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan/LSTD
Tracks as a whole have not been very lenient on their weather policy.
If it rains you pay.

MSR Cresson is owned by a great guy who would never let anyone "take the track" in icy conditions although in a deluge of rain he has left little room for negotiations. .
so true, we had our private trackday at cresson cancelled this past weekend due to the snow. but the sponsor was told that they/we would be get a postponed trackday at a later date of their choosing.

and the owner was running around the track in his cage spinning out and giving us a good show while we ate lunch.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #146
GsxrStar
drama patrol
 
GsxrStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: north shore rida
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,205


Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750









Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
i say we go on strike!!!!

that just me though lol
__________________
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26445
GsxrStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #147
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
It's just a long, arduous, political, and never ending saga. Rest assured, just like with the wall and other safety issues, there are many movers and shakers in our community working on the issues that are important.
political....by that you mean financial right?
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #148
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Thanks MacMan/LSTD and vfracer-r. Your interest and rationalization in this thread speak very well of your organization.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #149
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster
 
Buck Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemah, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,446

Experience: 10+ years


'05 Suzuki SV 650,


'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
Right i did follow that story but what i was trying to get at, is the track flexes their muscle, so what can the org. do to flex their muscle? Or.......maybe the motorcycle circuit doesnt bring enough money to the track so they dont care about us?

Yeah I can't believe this thread is still going too. Long (and everyone else) you guys have to consider that in the grand scheme of things bikes don't mean a whole lot to track owners. It's more liability for them to have a hundred plus bikes vs. a bunch of cars flying around. There is no muscle to flex. You get cocky and they say fine, we have a car club that wants that weekend.(KEYWORD weekend, not Saturday) Most trackday orgs only run at most 4-5 events at each track per year. Not a lot of negotiation power when most are single day events. Car clubs ALWAYS book the WHOLE weekend. So when a bike org, asks for a weekend date, they are splitting up what would make the owner TWICE as much by renting to a car club. Who would you rather rent to? A single day or a whole weekend player? This is why you don't see a whole lot of weekends, and weekdays are generally cheaper. Tracks are NEVER going to bend over backwards to help bikers. In the race world we are the poor red headed stepchild no one cares about.
As for the weather complaints................get a life. You sign up, pay your money and take your chances. A "safe" track is one with no obstructions or iminent dangers. Sleet, rain, snow......dosen't matter, the organizer gave you a safe place to ride today. Does the CMRA, AMA, or MotoGP for that mater, cancel when it rains? NOOOOOOOOOOO......each rider must make the choice for themselves. Sometimes your choice means you spent 100.00+ for a nice early morning drive to the track, and you leave with everything you came with in one piece. Some will choose to ride in the wet, or sleet. Again......personal choice. You need to accept that responsibility for your self, and quit about the organizers. The organizer is only able to give you that choice, not make it for you. If you signed up you made a choice to take a chance the weather would be nice.
Keep screaming refund or compensation and all you are going to get is hoarse. The organizers are not in some conspiracy to rip you off. Yes you can buy rain out insurance at crazy rates, which will get passed on to who???? That's right sparky YOU!!! So let's say we add rain out insurance and your trackday just went up by about 70.00. Happy? If it does NOT rain you are still out the extra dough and now you're that trackdays have gotten SOOOOOO expensive. There are many trade offs and decisions that are not easy to make as an organizer. We (organizers) are doing this for your benifit. We give you a safe place to ride at speed. Expect much more than that and I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for diapointment.
Ride Smart, Lonestar, and LMS all want you to be happy, safe, and have a great time at the track, and then sign up for another one. If we you off you will probably go else where. What also seems to be lost on most is that these are for profit companies, some more than others. I'll give you my financial picture and tell me how much you'd take..............
At a LMS event, you pay 175.00.. 150.00 per rider goes straight to the track. The 25.00 that is left goes to pay for the ambulance, your lunch, staff instructors, and things like tech stickers, instructor jersys, and web site fees.
So guess how much is left for profit? I average around 100.00 or so at the end of it all that actually goes into MY pocket. Oh yeah I spent 300.00 for tires, gas, and video tape to lead you around and help you get faster. I do this so I can see your smile, and know that you were safe today, pushing the limits of your sportbike.
Other organizers make more money.......so what!!! It is a business and people should be allowed to make money. SOmetime decisions must be made that are not IMMEDIATELY favorable to the rider (no refunds or rain checks), but they can stay in business and offer you another chance next time. If not you can go back to the streets with the predictable surface, cars, dogs, potholes, gravel, mindless cell phone drivers, old ladies, and all the other fun stuff that makes you want to go to the track instead. Or spend 7K and join MSR.............. always options.
LMS is VERY fortunate to have the relationship we do with MSRH. We have the flexability to move a date if need be. But after the last one I can see the next drizzly day and folks will expect to move to Sunday again. Read the weather policy for your chossen provider. Mine says the decision to reschedule is mine and the track mgmt and is not negoitable. So I will be the unpopular guy telling you to nut up and ride, or STFU and go home.
Long and short..............grow up and look at the world through adult eyes and you will see things differently. Kick and scream like and child and well............we end up with eight page posts full of worthless, time consuming sessions.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #150
nutmegchoi
Go girls!
 
nutmegchoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,761

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol









Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Yeah I can't believe this thread is still going too. Long (and everyone else) you guys have to consider that in the grand scheme of things bikes don't mean a whole lot to track owners. It's more liability for them to have a hundred plus bikes vs. a bunch of cars flying around. There is no muscle to flex. You get cocky and they say fine, we have a car club that wants that weekend.(KEYWORD weekend, not Saturday) Most trackday orgs only run at most 4-5 events at each track per year. Not a lot of negotiation power when most are single day events. Car clubs ALWAYS book the WHOLE weekend. So when a bike org, asks for a weekend date, they are splitting up what would make the owner TWICE as much by renting to a car club. Who would you rather rent to? A single day or a whole weekend player? This is why you don't see a whole lot of weekends, and weekdays are generally cheaper. Tracks are NEVER going to bend over backwards to help bikers. In the race world we are the poor red headed stepchild no one cares about.
As for the weather complaints................get a life. You sign up, pay your money and take your chances. A "safe" track is one with no obstructions or iminent dangers. Sleet, rain, snow......dosen't matter, the organizer gave you a safe place to ride today. Does the CMRA, AMA, or MotoGP for that mater, cancel when it rains? NOOOOOOOOOOO......each rider must make the choice for themselves. Sometimes your choice means you spent 100.00+ for a nice early morning drive to the track, and you leave with everything you came with in one piece. Some will choose to ride in the wet, or sleet. Again......personal choice. You need to accept that responsibility for your self, and quit about the organizers. The organizer is only able to give you that choice, not make it for you. If you signed up you made a choice to take a chance the weather would be nice.
Keep screaming refund or compensation and all you are going to get is hoarse. The organizers are not in some conspiracy to rip you off. Yes you can buy rain out insurance at crazy rates, which will get passed on to who???? That's right sparky YOU!!! So let's say we add rain out insurance and your trackday just went up by about 70.00. Happy? If it does NOT rain you are still out the extra dough and now you're that trackdays have gotten SOOOOOO expensive. There are many trade offs and decisions that are not easy to make as an organizer. We (organizers) are doing this for your benifit. We give you a safe place to ride at speed. Expect much more than that and I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for diapointment.
Ride Smart, Lonestar, and LMS all want you to be happy, safe, and have a great time at the track, and then sign up for another one. If we you off you will probably go else where. What also seems to be lost on most is that these are for profit companies, some more than others. I'll give you my financial picture and tell me how much you'd take..............
At a LMS event, you pay 175.00.. 150.00 per rider goes straight to the track. The 25.00 that is left goes to pay for the ambulance, your lunch, staff instructors, and things like tech stickers, instructor jersys, and web site fees.
So guess how much is left for profit? I average around 100.00 or so at the end of it all that actually goes into MY pocket. Oh yeah I spent 300.00 for tires, gas, and video tape to lead you around and help you get faster. I do this so I can see your smile, and know that you were safe today, pushing the limits of your sportbike.
Other organizers make more money.......so what!!! It is a business and people should be allowed to make money. SOmetime decisions must be made that are not IMMEDIATELY favorable to the rider (no refunds or rain checks), but they can stay in business and offer you another chance next time. If not you can go back to the streets with the predictable surface, cars, dogs, potholes, gravel, mindless cell phone drivers, old ladies, and all the other fun stuff that makes you want to go to the track instead. Or spend 7K and join MSR.............. always options.
LMS is VERY fortunate to have the relationship we do with MSRH. We have the flexability to move a date if need be. But after the last one I can see the next drizzly day and folks will expect to move to Sunday again. Read the weather policy for your chossen provider. Mine says the decision to reschedule is mine and the track mgmt and is not negoitable. So I will be the unpopular guy telling you to nut up and ride, or STFU and go home.
Long and short..............grow up and look at the world through adult eyes and you will see things differently. Kick and scream like and child and well............we end up with eight page posts full of worthless, time consuming sessions.
Whoa.
That was a book written by Buck Beasly.


Well write up, Buck.
And I always appreciate what you do for other riders.
That's why I would do (about) anything for ya.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #151
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster
 
Buck Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemah, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,446

Experience: 10+ years


'05 Suzuki SV 650,


'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
define about...............
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #152
nutmegchoi
Go girls!
 
nutmegchoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,761

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol









Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
define about...............
I'll baby sit Tristan.
I like that boy.
:laughing6
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #153
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Yeah I can't believe this thread is still going too. Long (and everyone else) you guys have to consider that in the grand scheme of things bikes don't mean a whole lot to track owners. It's more liability for them to have a hundred plus bikes vs. a bunch of cars flying around. There is no muscle to flex. You get cocky and they say fine, we have a car club that wants that weekend.(KEYWORD weekend, not Saturday) Most trackday orgs only run at most 4-5 events at each track per year. Not a lot of negotiation power when most are single day events. Car clubs ALWAYS book the WHOLE weekend. So when a bike org, asks for a weekend date, they are splitting up what would make the owner TWICE as much by renting to a car club. Who would you rather rent to? A single day or a whole weekend player? This is why you don't see a whole lot of weekends, and weekdays are generally cheaper. Tracks are NEVER going to bend over backwards to help bikers. In the race world we are the poor red headed stepchild no one cares about.
As for the weather complaints................get a life. You sign up, pay your money and take your chances. A "safe" track is one with no obstructions or iminent dangers. Sleet, rain, snow......dosen't matter, the organizer gave you a safe place to ride today. Does the CMRA, AMA, or MotoGP for that mater, cancel when it rains? NOOOOOOOOOOO......each rider must make the choice for themselves. Sometimes your choice means you spent 100.00+ for a nice early morning drive to the track, and you leave with everything you came with in one piece. Some will choose to ride in the wet, or sleet. Again......personal choice. You need to accept that responsibility for your self, and quit about the organizers. The organizer is only able to give you that choice, not make it for you. If you signed up you made a choice to take a chance the weather would be nice.
Keep screaming refund or compensation and all you are going to get is hoarse. The organizers are not in some conspiracy to rip you off. Yes you can buy rain out insurance at crazy rates, which will get passed on to who???? That's right sparky YOU!!! So let's say we add rain out insurance and your trackday just went up by about 70.00. Happy? If it does NOT rain you are still out the extra dough and now you're that trackdays have gotten SOOOOOO expensive. There are many trade offs and decisions that are not easy to make as an organizer. We (organizers) are doing this for your benifit. We give you a safe place to ride at speed. Expect much more than that and I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for diapointment.
Ride Smart, Lonestar, and LMS all want you to be happy, safe, and have a great time at the track, and then sign up for another one. If we you off you will probably go else where. What also seems to be lost on most is that these are for profit companies, some more than others. I'll give you my financial picture and tell me how much you'd take..............
At a LMS event, you pay 175.00.. 150.00 per rider goes straight to the track. The 25.00 that is left goes to pay for the ambulance, your lunch, staff instructors, and things like tech stickers, instructor jersys, and web site fees.
So guess how much is left for profit? I average around 100.00 or so at the end of it all that actually goes into MY pocket. Oh yeah I spent 300.00 for tires, gas, and video tape to lead you around and help you get faster. I do this so I can see your smile, and know that you were safe today, pushing the limits of your sportbike.
Other organizers make more money.......so what!!! It is a business and people should be allowed to make money. SOmetime decisions must be made that are not IMMEDIATELY favorable to the rider (no refunds or rain checks), but they can stay in business and offer you another chance next time. If not you can go back to the streets with the predictable surface, cars, dogs, potholes, gravel, mindless cell phone drivers, old ladies, and all the other fun stuff that makes you want to go to the track instead. Or spend 7K and join MSR.............. always options.
LMS is VERY fortunate to have the relationship we do with MSRH. We have the flexability to move a date if need be. But after the last one I can see the next drizzly day and folks will expect to move to Sunday again. Read the weather policy for your chossen provider. Mine says the decision to reschedule is mine and the track mgmt and is not negoitable. So I will be the unpopular guy telling you to nut up and ride, or STFU and go home.
Long and short..............grow up and look at the world through adult eyes and you will see things differently. Kick and scream like and child and well............we end up with eight page posts full of worthless, time consuming sessions.
Very Nice Buck!
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #154
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster
 
Buck Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemah, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,446

Experience: 10+ years


'05 Suzuki SV 650,


'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
I was hopeful for tire/oil changes or something useful. I think Tristan would be sitting you!!
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #155
nutmegchoi
Go girls!
 
nutmegchoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,761

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol









Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
I was hopeful for tire/oil changes or something useful. I think Tristan would be sitting you!!
HEY!


I definitely can be his sand box mate.


I know how to change oil.
And I just learned how to take off front wheel.
But DO YOU REALLY want me to touch your bike?
I always find extra bolts and nuts when I take off fairings.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #156
Squeaky
Senior Member
 
Squeaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,737

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R



Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Buck, she can't even find four riders that can mount a set of tires in less than three hours. you really want her in your pit?
__________________
Rebecca
'03 VStrom 1k "Wilbur"
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #157
nutmegchoi
Go girls!
 
nutmegchoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,761

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol









By the way.
I'm picking up set of rain tires this weekend.
Rain don't scare me no more!
Bring it on!!!
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #158
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster
 
Buck Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemah, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,446

Experience: 10+ years


'05 Suzuki SV 650,


'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Yeah I can't believe this thread is still going too. Long (and everyone else) you guys have to consider that in the grand scheme of things bikes don't mean a whole lot to track owners. It's more liability for them to have a hundred plus bikes vs. a bunch of cars flying around. There is no muscle to flex. You get cocky and they say fine, we have a car club that wants that weekend.(KEYWORD weekend, not Saturday) Most trackday orgs only run at most 4-5 events at each track per year. Not a lot of negotiation power when most are single day events. Car clubs ALWAYS book the WHOLE weekend. So when a bike org, asks for a weekend date, they are splitting up what would make the owner TWICE as much by renting to a car club. Who would you rather rent to? A single day or a whole weekend player? This is why you don't see a whole lot of weekends, and weekdays are generally cheaper. Tracks are NEVER going to bend over backwards to help bikers. In the race world we are the poor red headed stepchild no one cares about.
As for the weather complaints................get a life. You sign up, pay your money and take your chances. A "safe" track is one with no obstructions or iminent dangers. Sleet, rain, snow......dosen't matter, the organizer gave you a safe place to ride today. Does the CMRA, AMA, or MotoGP for that mater, cancel when it rains? NOOOOOOOOOOO......each rider must make the choice for themselves. Sometimes your choice means you spent 100.00+ for a nice early morning drive to the track, and you leave with everything you came with in one piece. Some will choose to ride in the wet, or sleet. Again......personal choice. You need to accept that responsibility for your self, and quit about the organizers. The organizer is only able to give you that choice, not make it for you. If you signed up you made a choice to take a chance the weather would be nice.
Keep screaming refund or compensation and all you are going to get is hoarse. The organizers are not in some conspiracy to rip you off. Yes you can buy rain out insurance at crazy rates, which will get passed on to who???? That's right sparky YOU!!! So let's say we add rain out insurance and your trackday just went up by about 70.00. Happy? If it does NOT rain you are still out the extra dough and now you're that trackdays have gotten SOOOOOO expensive. There are many trade offs and decisions that are not easy to make as an organizer. We (organizers) are doing this for your benifit. We give you a safe place to ride at speed. Expect much more than that and I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for diapointment.
Ride Smart, Lonestar, and LMS all want you to be happy, safe, and have a great time at the track, and then sign up for another one. If we you off you will probably go else where. What also seems to be lost on most is that these are for profit companies, some more than others. I'll give you my financial picture and tell me how much you'd take..............
At a LMS event, you pay 175.00.. 150.00 per rider goes straight to the track. The 25.00 that is left goes to pay for the ambulance, your lunch, staff instructors, and things like tech stickers, instructor jersys, and web site fees.
So guess how much is left for profit? I average around 100.00 or so at the end of it all that actually goes into MY pocket. Oh yeah I spent 300.00 for tires, gas, and video tape to lead you around and help you get faster. I do this so I can see your smile, and know that you were safe today, pushing the limits of your sportbike.
Other organizers make more money.......so what!!! It is a business and people should be allowed to make money. SOmetime decisions must be made that are not IMMEDIATELY favorable to the rider (no refunds or rain checks), but they can stay in business and offer you another chance next time. If not you can go back to the streets with the predictable surface, cars, dogs, potholes, gravel, mindless cell phone drivers, old ladies, and all the other fun stuff that makes you want to go to the track instead. Or spend 7K and join MSR.............. always options.
LMS is VERY fortunate to have the relationship we do with MSRH. We have the flexability to move a date if need be. But after the last one I can see the next drizzly day and folks will expect to move to Sunday again. Read the weather policy for your chossen provider. Mine says the decision to reschedule is mine and the track mgmt and is not negoitable. So I will be the unpopular guy telling you to nut up and ride, or STFU and go home.
Long and short..............grow up and look at the world through adult eyes and you will see things differently. Kick and scream like and child and well............we end up with eight page posts full of worthless, time consuming sessions.
Trying to keep it on the last page so everyone gets to read it.......
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #159
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi
By the way.
I'm picking up set of rain tires this weekend.
Rain don't scare me no more!
Bring it on!!!


Somebody is getting serious.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #160
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper
 
MagnaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 204


Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna









Buck. Thanks for the input. It means a lot and provides a lot of valuable information for many of the questions posed here. I've head nothing but good things about your organization and your financial breakdown proves your dedication.

Profit or not, the key to any business is communication with its customers. (That's how I make my living in advertising). The reason why threads like this pop up is because of misunderstanding and miscommunication. So I wouldn't call this eight pages of mindless, time consuming . Your post along with the LSTD posts have answered a lot of concerns/questions. If these posts had come along sooner in the thread then this would probably 2 pages long.

Telling people to shut up and quit just means no one learns anything and people will more the next time. The constructive thing is that questions got answered this time. We are adults here and likewise we want real answers, not to be dismissed.

You gave us some good answers. You've made new champions for your track program. I, for one, am looking forward to your track days. And if all you make is $100 at the end of the day, I'll throw in some extra $$ just for you man. :icon_smil
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy