MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #81
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayzydaze
It said nothing about ice!! but you still missed the point,didnt you.they had no buisness sending beginers out in the freezing SLEET!!!!!!!
I agree and don't. It's not like these said "beginners" were blind to the fact it was shittay out there. thus, they had a choice to make. period. Had I been out there I would of done the same as blackwidow and enjoyed an empty track. Be it at a slower pace but none the less I would of still ridden. Rain at a track gives you an oppurtunity to learn more about your bike. It's not a handicap but more of a learning tool.

flame on.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Smart Street Smart August 2013 Contest RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 08-08-2013 11:34 AM
Too Broke to Ride MSRH w/ Ride Smart this weekend? I'll cover half. cyon Taking it to the Track 57 07-12-2013 09:00 PM
Ride Smart Discounts? orbit398 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 9 06-03-2013 10:49 PM
Thank you Ride Smart and all! Herf Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 03-31-2009 01:53 PM
My view on Ride Smart MudBug Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 03-30-2009 11:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #82
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayzydaze
It said nothing about ice!! but you still missed the point,didnt you.they had no buisness sending beginers out in the freezing SLEET!!!!!!!
We got the point. No one was forced to ride.
I am unhappy about the weather condition and Ride Smart didn't work with me/us under the unusual circumstance.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #83
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
I agree and don't. It's not like these said "beginners" were blind to the fact it was shittay out there. thus, they had a choice to make. period. Had I been out there I would of done the same as blackwidow and enjoyed an empty track. Be it at a slower pace but none the less I would of still ridden. Rain at a track gives you an oppurtunity to learn more about your bike. It's not a handicap but more of a learning tool.

flame on.
Man, this gets old.
I learned a lot about my bike sliding side to side on the street when it rains. I don't need to go to the track to know what it does. Imagine if I went down at the track that day, you know what people, the one that didn't ride, say? "Serves you right, you know better than to ride it in the rain, sleet"
So, is this a form of riding over your head is based upon?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #84
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

From LSTD's site

Weather Policy

All track days are run rain or shine. No refunds due to weather unless the track is deemed unsafe to ride. LSTD is still responsible for track rental costs incurred.

This is Bucks policy (sounds fair)
Weather Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several have asked and everyone has concerns about bad weather on Pvt trackdays so here is the official policy...............

Show up the day of the event UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED TO CANCEL. In the event of HEAVY rain that would make the track UNRIDABLE, the day will be rescheduled. Most days are scheduled Saturdays so the logical choice is to postphone until Sunday. If this is not feasable due to track schedule we will move all registred riders to the next scheduled trackday.
UNRIDABLE is defined as standing water in the turns. If we can not dry the track to a safe rideable surface by 12:30pm we will postphone. This decission is made by myself and track management and is not negoitable.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #85
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Man, this gets old.
I learned a lot about my bike sliding side to side on the street when it rains. I don't need to go to the track to know what it does. Imagine if I went down at the track that day, you know what people, the one that didn't ride, say? "Serves you right, you know better than to ride it in the rain, sleet"
So, is this a form of riding over your head is based upon?
would you mind rephrasing please. I know you have a point(s) but its not very clear.

thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #86
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

I am pretty sure this will be my last RideSmart event. I might try one more time, but at this point I doubt it. I was already disappointed with the instructors in the classroom from the last time I went and this time they were more concerned about giving the slowest instructor a hard time and trying to decide who, of the instructors, had the coolest haircut. I felt that Dave has his wallet in mind and little to no concern for the riders’ safety. For those of you not there, this wasn’t just a normal rain shower, it was sleet and no place for a track beginner. I think the track day should have been canceled for everyone’s best interest and I would guess that at least 80% of the riders there would agree.

Having said that, I do realize and understand (as I would assume most other do as well) that he would not be able to offer a full refund since he has already paid for the track. However, I do not see why he should make a profit on the deal either. I was/am very disappointed that no attempt to make the majority of people happy has been made.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #87
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
From LSTD's site

Weather Policy

All track days are run rain or shine. No refunds due to weather unless the track is deemed unsafe to ride. LSTD is still responsible for track rental costs incurred.

This is Bucks policy (sounds fair)
Weather Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several have asked and everyone has concerns about bad weather on Pvt trackdays so here is the official policy...............

Show up the day of the event UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED TO CANCEL. In the event of HEAVY rain that would make the track UNRIDABLE, the day will be rescheduled. Most days are scheduled Saturdays so the logical choice is to postphone until Sunday. If this is not feasable due to track schedule we will move all registred riders to the next scheduled trackday.
UNRIDABLE is defined as standing water in the turns. If we can not dry the track to a safe rideable surface by 12:30pm we will postphone. This decission is made by myself and track management and is not negoitable.
The big question is what deems the track unsafe? Would sleet and ice constitute an unsafe track? If so, (and many believe it would) then there is an issue that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, if they decided the track was safe for all riders (we must include all skill levels including first timers and top level CMRA experts that went down that day) then everybody needs to suck it up and vote with their wallet or take it to a personal conversation with the event organizers. IMHO

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #88
paniro187

i went to cresson for the firs time with lstd. started raining day was called after 1 session.............no refund. i didn't about it. so you need to stop too. if they would have let me i would have still been out there riding.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #89
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
... or take it to a personal conversation with the event organizers. IMHO
I attempted a conversation with Dave and the second he had a hint that I was displeased started another conversation with another rider using the same "Thanks for sticking with us today with the unfortunate weather" catch phrase.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #90
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
would you mind rephrasing please. I know you have a point(s) but its not very clear.

thanks
When I was at the track, this is what they say "you can learn a lot from riding in the rain". I gave it try, putting around and fishtaling. Many times almost eat the ground. So, what have I learned from riding in the rain? Nothing, and be afraid of it.
Straight line riding is hard enough in the rain, corners is my worst fear. I have wrecked out many times in corners and it was raining or wet. I have tried to overcome my fear but no success.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #91
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
i went to cresson for the firs time with lstd. started raining day was called after 1 session.............no refund. i didn't about it. so you need to stop too. if they would have let me i would have still been out there riding.
Did you recieve a credit?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #92
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

This may seem like a dumb question but whats the difference between ridesmart and regular trackdays or is there not such a thing?

RIP 4/22/2007
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #93
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
This may seem like a dumb question but whats the difference between ridesmart and regular trackdays or is there not such a thing?
They each have there own format.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #94
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Please explain?

RIP 4/22/2007
Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #95
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
Please explain?

RideSmart is supposed to be more of a rider school with classes in between the sessions. Most of the others are open track days with no class unless you pay extra for it.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #96
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
When I was at the track, this is what they say "you can learn a lot from riding in the rain". I gave it try, putting around and fishtaling. Many times almost eat the ground. So, what have I learned from riding in the rain? Nothing, and be afraid of it.
Straight line riding is hard enough in the rain, corners is my worst fear. I have wrecked out many times in corners and it was raining or wet. I have tried to overcome my fear but no success.
try try try. I don't "push" in the rain but it gives me time to get a better feel for the track, bike and tires. Confidence is something that you work on slowly. some just don't like the rain and others do or make the best of it.

thanks for clearing it up sorry you had a shyte day.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #97
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
A lot of orgs have a policy that says "rain or shine" and "no refund" before you sign up and you agree to that policy when you sign up.

I know personally that weather issues always cause a bunch of angst with the track day organizers as well as the patrons. Having a policy that is agreed upon prior to the event does little to make things better when people feel that they were "jipped" out of money.

I don't have any affiliation with Ride Smart, and am not speaking for them (or anyone else for that matter), but sometimes, those are the risks you take, and sometimes you may lose a bit of money becuase of it.

Most of the organizations will bend over backwards to do "right" by the customer, but I don't know any business that will lose money to make someone happy after they agreed to a policy of "no refunds".

Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #98
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Did you recieve a credit?
nope

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #99
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
nope
the luck!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #100
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid
RideSmart is supposed to be more of a rider school with classes in between the sessions. Most of the others are open track days with no class unless you pay extra for it.
I appreciate it!

RIP 4/22/2007

Advertisement