Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #41
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Only bike I've hurt myself on was a 50
was it a steet legal 50 on the street?

Guys, while anything can happen and sometimes does, the fact is that public street traffic violations and prevention laws are based on the averages of what really does happen.
Most 16 year olds want what is "cool" and in their mind the fastest crotch rocket out there is the coolest. I have been in a bike shop when a Dad trying to please his son was getting him a new cbr1000. I asked if it was his first bike and the Dad said yes. I told him he was making a mistake and he said that was what the boy wanted. I asked him if he had insurance to pay for the funeral.
What percentage of the RIP threads are for riders who have years of experience and were behaving responsibly at the time? It is not real high here, and I think because of the age and experience of our average member, it is higher here than in the general public.
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Telemarketer calls, new strategy. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-14-2011 03:49 PM
Video of BP's strategy to kill the well kdog22 Off Topic 3 06-30-2010 04:25 PM
Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #42
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Only bike I've hurt myself on was a 50
Same here lol

Also you can die by anything. Even getting out of bed is dangerous.
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #43
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Should states adopt a UK license strategy?

Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Also you can die by anything. Even getting out of bed is dangerous.
Funny you mention that. Two years ago on the rig I was assigned we had a fire drill. 3rd party service hand forgot he was on the top bunk, rolled over the bar that's suppose to keep you in the bunk, and broke some bone around the shoulder (I forget what it was exactly) when he hit the floor. So, yeah, getting out of bed can be dangerous.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #44
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

2009 ZX-10R(Track)
2009 ZX-10R
1998 ZX-7R(Sold)
1987 Honda Shadow 700(Sold)

Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
There are cases of people died from drinking too much water, too. Same for eating too much carrots. Consuming too much of anything is just plain stupidity. That's regulated separately by Darwinian Law.

Motor vehicles and powered machinery are very much the business of the state to regulate who is qualified to operate. Nobody would argue a no-experience 15yr old should be allowed to swing a 2-ton wrecking ball or control a construction crane. 185HP 250mph motorcycle should be no different.
I agree with you that motor vehicles are the business of the state to regulate, but I've gotta many "250mph" motorcycles have you seen on the street?
Discman7374 is offline   Reply With Quote