Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
Why are you dead set on making more rules.
My vote is no endorsement at all. We can't protect everyone form everything. It costs enough to ride as it is.
it took 12 post......bunch O ' commmies on this site
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Telemarketer calls, new strategy. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-14-2011 03:49 PM
Video of BP's strategy to kill the well kdog22 Off Topic 3 06-30-2010 04:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
I am
Saying" it costs enough as it is", doesn't mean I want to pay more for people that are irresponsible. It's not our job to police what everyone else does and furthermore make the responsible pay extra for the people who aren't.

Let me ask you this? A few years ago in the middle of the summer a employee thought it would be a good Idea to drink nothing but monster energy drinks all day. In a 12hr day he consumed nothing but monster and consequently died of dehydration and heat stroke.

Do we need to ban energy drinks? Is it our responsibility to regulate energy drink consumption because taters didn't drink any water during the day?

Where does it stop? If taters wants to buy a bike and not take the proper steps to learn how to ride it properly, he sure the isn't going to do it if you make it more expensive to do so.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Saying" it costs enough as it is", doesn't mean I want to pay more for people that are irresponsible. It's not our job to police what everyone else does and furthermore make the responsible pay extra for the people who aren't.

Let me ask you this? A few years ago in the middle of the summer a employee thought it would be a good Idea to drink nothing but monster energy drinks all day. In a 12hr day he consumed nothing but monster and consequently died of dehydration and heat stroke.

Do we need to ban energy drinks? Is it our responsibility to regulate energy drink consumption because taters didn't drink any water during the day?

Where does it stop? If taters wants to buy a bike and not take the proper steps to learn how to ride it properly, he sure the isn't going to do it if you make it more expensive to do so.
So we could probably agree that if we made people pay more who are irresponsible, then we would have more people being responsible. I would be all for that.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Was that a trick question (if taters died drinking energy drinks he would not have been able to buy a bike.)
I say no ban on energy drinks or regulations on consumption of them.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
No one said I couldn't afford to ride.
(you said it costs enough to ride as it is. so you are intimating that any more cost would be a burden)

Why do you think my opinion is wacked? (why do you think the answers previously were not of any value?)

(really no endorsement at all, heck even racers need some type of endorsement)
Why do you think limiting cc's is going to help anything? You can die just as fast on a 50cc as a 1000cc. (correct you can die as quickly, however maybe it may save a few lives)

There are kids out there that has been racing since they were old enough to kickstart the motor. Do you think they need to start out on a small displacement motor because some cheese that has never rode a motorcycle, hops on one and kills himself?
(for every one or two mature young riders you see, how many do you see that aren't?)

Where does it end? It doesn't..... the more you regulate,the more you have to regulate to keep up with the regulations you implement. You see the circle?(my question was about a phased in approach, same regulations just stepping up to the next level at the appropriate time) I thought you were smarter than this...
I think we need to make a regulation on people responding to posts in this manner, because it hurts my eyes and takes extra time to read.

Save my eyes people.......SAVE MY EYES!!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Was that a trick question (if taters died drinking energy drinks he would not have been able to buy a bike.)
I say no ban on energy drinks or regulations on consumption of them.
It's not your job to worry about what taters does...

It's certainly not the states job to punish everyone because taters is, well, taters.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
It's not your job to worry about what taters does...

It's certainly not the states job to punish everyone because taters is, well, taters.
taters doesn't do anything anymore since he died drinking monster energy drinks.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
I think we need to make a regulation on people responding to posts in this manner, because it hurts my eyes and takes extra time to read.

Save my eyes people.......SAVE MY EYES!!
Ok I can agree to that. my bad.

On the other side, we should regulate the forum so that a person has to answer only one question in the reply. Don't have so many questions people.

Last edited by grsa; 10-13-2013 at 04:01 PM.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #29
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
taters doesn't do anything anymore since he died drinking monster energy drinks.
Taters had babys...
Old 10-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
grsa

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Taters had babys...
I see it coming, Taters tots.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #31
Mace
Wisdom

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike

Mmmmm! Tater tots.
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #32
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Tater salad.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #33
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:

Your problem is that your arguement is not consistant with the issue at hand.
You are talking about regulating personal rights and driving on public roads is NOT a personal right.
What you drive/ride on privately owned property is not and should not be regualted by the state.
What you ride/drive and how you ride on public roads is regulated by the state, not just for your safety, but for the safety of others.
If you want to drink yourself to death with energy drinks, so be it.
You want to be an on public streets, or drive beyond your skill level and put others in danger, not so good.
I do agree that traffic fines do little to stop irresponsible or bad drivers, and are more about revenue raising than public safety. I think that bad drivers and irresponsible drivers should loose their license and tags, not just pay a fine...you want to do tripple figures on public roads, be willing to loose your license and have your bike impounded instead of paying a few hundred in fines.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #34
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

There are cases of people died from drinking too much water, too. Same for eating too much carrots. Consuming too much of anything is just plain stupidity. That's regulated separately by Darwinian Law.

Motor vehicles and powered machinery are very much the business of the state to regulate who is qualified to operate. Nobody would argue a no-experience 15yr old should be allowed to swing a 2-ton wrecking ball or control a construction crane. 185HP 250mph motorcycle should be no different.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #35
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpooch View Post
I don't think basing it on cc's is a good idea. A 650cc Suzuki Savage(S40) is a much different animal than a 600cc sport bike
I agree with you there. I wouldn't be opposed to a power-based licensing system where even bigger bikes could be de-tuned for beginner class licenses (like LAMS in Australia).

It's certainly not an unprecedented idea, at least internationally, and while I wouldn't oppose it, people already ignore the licensing requirements we currently have, and an idiot can kill himself on a 250 (or detuned 600) nearly as quickly as on anything else. For people who want to bring up off-road experience vs. tiered licensing, why not make licensing based on testing and documented experience? "You must pass course 'A' and test for license 'A', you must additionally pass course 'B' and test with documented months of experience (either lapsed time since course 'A' or documented track/off-road riding experience) for license 'B' ", etc."

Last edited by Jae; 10-14-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #36
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Let stupid people hurt themselves. Screw more regulations. Most who die are not following the rules anyway. Just like gun laws. Those who do the stupid are not legal any way. More rules isnt gonna fix stupid.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I disagree, only in that I believe education IS effective, and requiring more classes and/or experience before moving to more powerful machines might actually help some people make fewer ignorant mistakes. But on the other side, there's only one cure for stupid.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
Solyjr

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Send a message via MSN to Solyjr
Quote:
You can die just as fast on a 50cc as a 1000cc.
-/
I will have to totally disagree with this statement, the rest I'm on board with what your saying, but you can not die or maim your self just as fast on a 50cc as you can a 1kcc...
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #39
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyjr View Post
I will have to totally disagree with this statement, the rest I'm on board with what your saying, but you can not die or maim your self just as fast on a 50cc as you can a 1kcc...
Only bike I've hurt myself on was a 50
Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
This would help nothing. Poeple are safe or they aren't . Making them sit in more classes beating safety down their throats won't make them any safer.
Cannot agree. It's not 'beating safety down their throats'. Some people actually do their best to learn and retain what they are being taught. Not just sitting in a class and trying to pass a test.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement