Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #21
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
this is what I hear from the car crews all the time "I need more hp, I need more torque"...but it really boils down to how you handle it. I drive a bone stock 1990 honda da, yet i've beat plenty of people in little stoplight races because they dont know how to handle their ride.
Definitely. I got smoked by a buddy of mine who was driving a 1987 Trans Am a few years ago. I was on the 2001 Bandit 1200 I believe which is no slouch of a bike.

For months on, I was telling him that nothing can beat a motorcycle. Ugh. My excuse to him and remains my excuse today. Missed shift.

All in honesty? It was inexperience. I now can take a Katana 600 and drive circles around him.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Power Commander V. with turbo and power shifter Gixxer Geezer Health and Fitness 24 08-11-2011 01:52 PM
Power commander big750 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 04-22-2011 09:21 AM
whats the point bunxx Off Topic 3 10-22-2009 11:01 PM
So whats the point of these? Cbr954Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-27-2008 08:55 PM
Power Commander wlgorman Performance and Modifications 16 08-28-2007 04:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda
Definitely. I got smoked by a buddy of mine who was driving a 1987 Trans Am a few years ago. I was on the 2001 Bandit 1200 I believe which is no slouch of a bike.

For months on, I was telling him that nothing can beat a motorcycle. Ugh. My excuse to him and remains my excuse today. Missed shift.

All in honesty? It was inexperience. I now can take a Katana 600 and drive circles around him.
missed shift, LOL! I've used that one too except I was on my 500 and was racing my friend in her PT cruiser:confused1

...which is really depressing now that I think about it
Old 04-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #23
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzzen1
I was told by a board member that you can have your stock computer tuned rather than buyin a power commander. If thats the case....why buy a PC? why do so many people have them when they could have just had their stock box tuned for around the same price?

I understand if you plan on doing alot of engine changes and want it tuned at home between each change, but if all you have is air filter and a can (like me) then why buy a power commander?

anyone?
power commander is a cheap way to re-map your fuel curve. Most shops do not have the technology to map your stock computer. A dyno-jet will hook directly to the pc and tune accordingly, reflashing your ecm will work, but most dyno dont hook directly to your computer.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #24
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

The ecu that you are referring to are the "kit" ecu's. I only know about that kawi's but I'm sure the other manufacturers aren't too different.

For the kawi's you need the kit ecu and the cable and programming software. All together its about a thousand dollars. Then you need to find someone who has experience in programming factory computers, not to mention the dyno time. Most shops charge 350 - 500 for custom maps.

Now you see why so many people go with the PC.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #25
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
The reason for a power commander is so you can continuously change the fuel maps to support what mods you do. If you just have the ECU flashed each time that will cost alot more $$$$$
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #26
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #27
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

You can adjust the stock Suzuki ECu with a Yosh box or Teka (I have both) or a few other brands out there.

The Power commander gives you a greater range of adjustability, and more tuning features, that's all.

Because you've got an unusual deal, '004 engine in an early model chassis, I'd like to take a look at your setup, BEFORE you buy any of the above.
You may have another factor causing you fuel injection problems.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #28
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Black Widow, I realize that you're a moderator but you're an arrogant . No reason for that. I'm definitely a newbie to this site and want to make a useful contribution. At least I don't post insignificant one-liners like you. Nononono, I mean just posting a smiley. No words at all. Nothing! I made a honest mistake. That being said, want to make peace and let me be a productive member of this board? I wasn't butting in nothing. Moderators are supposed to welcome people.
1) I'm not a Mod.

2) I'm no senior then you.

3) Just read people's posting before you chime in. You stated the same info in my own thread that i had already written.

4) Your a new guy - we're all going to be nice to you. But if you call one of us out, your digging your own grave.

5) I never called you any thing like arrogant or . But you went ahead and did. Not a good way to start off, i'll let this slide - since your new. Do it again next time and i won't be kidding.

6) Again Welcome to the site, be nice and be productive. This site helps over a gazillion people day in and day out. We're closesly knitted and know alot of the members on personal basis.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #29
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
1) I'm not a Mod.

2) I'm no senior then you.

3) Just read people's posting before you chime in. You stated the same info in my own thread that i had already written.

4) Your a new guy - we're all going to be nice to you. But if you call one of us out, your digging your own grave.

5) I never called you any thing like arrogant or . But you went ahead and did. Not a good way to start off, i'll let this slide - since your new. Do it again next time and i won't be kidding.

6) Again Welcome to the site, be nice and be productive. This site helps over a gazillion people day in and day out. We're closesly knitted and know alot of the members on personal basis.
I was just kissing your at the time because I inadverently assumed that you were a moderator.

I stated the same thing that you had written? Gah.

Now shoo, your mom's calling you. Lunch is ready.

Last edited by NitroHonda; 04-09-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #30
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

man, you're burning bridges quicker than you can build them.
ease up man.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #31
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
man, you're burning bridges quicker than you can build them.
ease up man.
+1

Some people just don't learn do they.

Oh well, i'll play the senior role by playing the ignoring game.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #32
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

I take offense to a guy who's telling me that I'm butting into threads and then turns around and threatens me when I call him out on it. If that means I'm burning up bridges. So be it.

My intentions are nothing but well-intended. I absolutely am going to be a productive member and I think I have been thus far. Alas, this little e-spat between me and BlackWidow is over.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #33
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
I take offense to a guy who's telling me that I'm butting into threads and then turns around and threatens me when I call him out on it. If that means I'm burning up bridges. So be it.

My intentions are nothing but well-intended. I absolutely am going to be a productive member and I think I have been thus far. Alas, this little e-spat between me and BlackWidow is over.
I said "read the above posts before you chime in". I don't know how you read that as "Threats and Butting in".

Yea, i'm done with you here.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #34
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
power commander huh, SEEMS like a waste of money to me.. tcmatt here off the board got one installed along with full yoshi at Motorcycles Unlimited and my little beat up f4i took him from a 60 roll all the way to top end, and kept putting lengths on him from there. not bragging here as i dont have the bike anymore but you can judge for yourself
you wouldn't beat me son! his stuff was whack tune lol. what ever happen to him?

pc is teh leet
Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #35
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
That I construe as a threat, my friend.
Quote:
He's a new guy, and trying to help/ in alot of thread.

Needs to read before he posts..
It's a message board and he labels me as a guy who butts in.

This whole problem probably could have been prevented if I had known that he wasn't a moderator. I take moderators of boards very seriously and vie for meeting the standards of a message board. If I had known that you were just another fellow poster, I would have dismissed your 'thumbs up' and labeling me as a guy who butts in' and ignored it. It only irked me because I felt that a moderator was putting me down.

No more hijacking this thread. I do apologize to the board for that much. Back to the Power Commander....
Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #36
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
SOZ I GUESS YALL DONT KNOW WHRERE I CAN GET MY CAPTAINPOWERDEMANDER ALL CROMED OUT, YALLZ, NO WHERE I CAN IT POWDERCOATEED?
Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #37
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
oh and hey also on the real. how much peformance difference do you get using a pre-made downloaded map as close to your setup as you can find, versus going to an authorized dynojet tuning center and having it custom done?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #38
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
so many worhtless posts...... Thanks patrick and Tom and whoever else put up a worthy post. all you others. quit hyjacking my thread
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #39
mnovell

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
oh and hey also on the real. how much peformance difference do you get using a pre-made downloaded map as close to your setup as you can find, versus going to an authorized dynojet tuning center and having it custom done?
With the ZX-14, a popular mod is to do exhaust, TRE, pull the secondary butterflies, and add a power commander with a tuner-supplied map.

Some have taken their bikes to a dynojet center for a custom map and were disappointed with the results. It all comes down to the tuner and his abilities. I'm sure some people have had the opposite experience.

In my case, I'm very happy with the results with the tuner-supplied map that matched the mods I did.

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #40
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Experience: 3 years

So is the power commander worth it? I remember at one of the basic maintenance classes at Motorcycles Unlimited Patrick said that Suzuki's actually run rich after adding filter/exhaust. So do you get better gas mileage along with more power (how mcuh more) and a smoother running engine?
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement