MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Need a motorcycle lawyer

Actually, I was thumbing through the yellow pages with my mother the other day. My dad was killed in an accident. The man ran a stop sign and made a left turn. My dad was riding down Red Bluff and this guy did a 'slow roll' at the stop sign and made a left turn.

Red Bluff and Jackson street is where he was hit.

Now the police report said that my dad failed to control the motorcycle and dropped it and hit the other driver's truck. At the same time, the police report said that the other driver may have failed to stop at the sign. Because of this, both insurance companies say that this is a gray area. The other driver contested that and said that my dad hit him for no reason. GAH! This only infuriated my mother. She had always said that accidents happen and she isn't angry or anything and was only going to let the insurance companies work it out. Now she wants his house. My dad was on life support when this guy was trying to get a new tire from our insurance company.

My father's insurance company just wants to settle because the man only had a tire that was scuffed and would only have to pay out a mere 50 dollars and close this case. Liability insurance is all he had hence them wanting to just settle.

We want a lawyer. A good one. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need motorcycle accident lawyer MrGonzalez General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-20-2014 12:50 AM
Have any of you used this lawyer?? El Pachuco General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-05-2013 12:43 PM
the best lawyer ever pester Off Topic 3 09-24-2011 03:37 PM
lawyer PYROBUG51 Off Topic 11 01-06-2011 11:49 PM
I need a Lawyer. Coast Rider Off Topic 13 06-09-2010 06:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

don't really know one, but best of luck w/ the case.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

you need to hire an Accident Reconstructionist, a good accident lawyer will know one.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
wiz
Brain Surgeon

Bike(s):
03 954 & 99 F4

sorry bout your loss.

any reputable lawyer worth his weight should be able to help. personally i'd stay away from the jim adlers of the world (or any other lawyer that advertises all day on t.v. during the week) as they just seem to be mills and could care less about your situation. they just want the cash.

my recommendation is to do your research.

by the way, which 2 insurance companies were you referring to. sounds like they both want to avoid payment.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
handozizle

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
sorry about that. what about that jim adler guy, always see him on tv.........:eh:
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #6
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

i honestly think jim adler would be the best choice out there. I mean they all care about the money, but looks like he's the one who rakes it in by wining cases.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz
sorry bout your loss.

any reputable lawyer worth his weight should be able to help. personally i'd stay away from the jim adlers of the world (or any other lawyer that advertises all day on t.v. during the week) as they just seem to be mills and could care less about your situation. they just want the cash.

my recommendation is to do your research.

by the way, which 2 insurance companies were you referring to. sounds like they both want to avoid payment.
I thought that was what I was doing by posting here. No dis intended. Sorta.

Now, I agree. I'll be staying away from the dime a dozen lawyers. The problem that I'm having is that I think the attorney listings in the yellow pages are insanely thick. It would take me a year to research those guys! This is a popular motorcycle forum and I'm sure someone here has advice.

My insurance company has nothing to gain or lose because it was liability only. They'd lose 50 bucks by giving him a new tire. It's all about convience for them. As for the other drivers' insurance company. Of course, they don't want to pay. My dad was on life support for a good three weeks before he passed. He almost died over and over and over and over and over before he finally did. His medical bills stand at over half a million right now and there will be more coming in. Now, no worries! We have medical insurance and we're going to sic our medical insurance company on the other driver.

This is about honor. The man ran a stop sign. I know it. He knows it. How dare he hit us up for money while my dad's on life support. How dare he. His tire wasn't flat. It was scuffed. My dad's body scuffed that tire, not the motorcycle. Own up to it. He refused. So we're going to sic the big dogs on him and we need all the help we can get. Advice.

I've spoken to four lawyers already and everyone of them has said that our case is an open and shut case. The thing is.... we want to take him to the cleaners. on my dad's honor? That's okay. We'll enjoy turning his house into a crack house with his wife leading customers in stopping by his every one of his daughters' room along the way. (I don't know if he has any daughters or even a wife. This is meant out of rhetoric.)

Can't you tell? I'm angry.:eh: Sorry.

Thanks for the well wishes but that's not what I really want here. My dad doesn't want people feeling sorry for him. He would want us to keep on riding. What I really want is personal experience/advice with using a motorcycle lawyer.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
aznhero913
J.D.

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)

you might want to contact the district attorney aswell to file case against this sack of .
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
I can't answer your question but I'm really sorry about your loss.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #10
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913
you might want to contact the district attorney aswell to file case against this sack of .
Hmmmmmmm..... Intriguing idea.

Why? I mean accidents happen. I wouldn't think that I'd be able to get him locked up because of a mere accident. Sh*t happens. I don't think that him hitting us up for money is criminal. Maybe it is. Morally it is but legall? Not sure. I'll definitely be looking into this.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
Cstory

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
05 vmax wrecked!
shadow

pm'ed good luck
Cstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I know there's a bumber sticker and bis card at almost every single bike shop i go to that has this laywer on a bike as his card logo i'd give that guy a call i dont have a # but i know the card is at the kawasaki shop on highway 3 across from the airfield.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #13
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I know there's a bumber sticker and bis card at almost every single bike shop i go to that has this laywer on a bike as his card logo i'd give that guy a call i dont have a # but i know the card is at the kawasaki shop on highway 3 across from the airfield.
Umm. Thanks.

No, I believe I know of the lawyer that you're speaking of. I probably should give him a call but I don't think he's a local lawyer but more of a nationwide motorcycle lawyer. He's the one who advertises that he himself is a rider right?

I'm looking for one that's more of the local sort. In other words, inside the great state of Texas. Maybe he IS a local lawyer. If I head down that way, I'll definitely take a gander. I'll be looking for parts to repair the bike that downed my dad. It was a Kawasaki.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #14
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

ken bradshaw 281-930-0744

he rides himself, i dont know he would be the right guy for something this serious but im sure he'll point you in the right direction
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:41 AM   #15
aznhero913
J.D.

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)

sorry, i thought man slaughter would fall under the catagory with your situation, but i guess your right, thinking about it there isnt much a da can do about this.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #16
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
ken bradshaw 281-930-0744

he rides himself, i dont know he would be the right guy for something this serious but im sure he'll point you in the right direction
That's EXACTLY what I want. A lawyer who's a motorcyclist!

Keep them coming, guys. Much obliged!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #17
kraka_jdm
Jo Jo

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2002 aprilia rsv mille
2002 honda shadow sabre(sold)
2003 ninja 250(sold)

vehicular manslaughter is more like it since he died in a wreck his dads death resulted from him intentionally running a stop sign if you can prove it with a witness or atleast criminal negligance i would think they could pull on this but im not sure.. i only read about cases similar to this in my criminal justice class back in highschool a couple years ago.. either way i dont see what it would hurt to try to distric attorney. and sorry i dont know of any good motorcycle lawyers. but i would contact the d.a.'s office and see if there is anything you can do but like i said it depends on if you can prove with eyewitness that he ran the stop sign that you can really do anything.. best of luck
Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

What agency did the accident investigation? Did you get a full copy of the accident report, including scene diagrams? If your dad died three weeks after the incident then it was probably treated as a major accident and not a fatality. In fatalities a scaled diagram of the scene is made and photos of the scene are taken from all angles.
If those things were done then it would help your case a lot. If a standard crash report was completed then you don't have much to work with, becuase it would be lacking the photos and scaled diagram.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-09-2007 at 01:14 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #19
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

i live on redbluff.. that sucks man i figured if anything would ever kill me on there it would be a deer trying to commit suicide
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #20
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
i live on redbluff.. that sucks man i figured if anything would ever kill me on there it would be a deer trying to commit suicide
OMG, have any of ya'll ever taken 59N up to lufkin at like 3 in the am on a bike? I headed back to nac pretty late last week and ended up having to dodge critters left and right! purdy fearsome stuff, if you ask me!

Advertisement