MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #141
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

The good advice in this thread is:

Request a cc or paypal refund ASAP.

Always use a credit with any corporation as soon as possible. It makes it easier on the TD provider as well cause they don't have to worry about the piggy bank going all upside down when there is a run on the bank. FYI, They are not legally required to pay you anything once they are broke. Corporate bankruptcy happens all the time. That's why so many people incorporate as LLC's, LIMITED LIABILITY corps.

Give it a little time to finalize.

Give Thomass a chance to give you some credits with his new track day organization before you him off.

TTD Merrell and Manu, I lost 5 credits with them. But I've come along with the old staff thru an iteration as Groove Union at GSS and now Fastline and we have honored our commitments and are financially stable.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Tactics Aug 3 & 4 SGT USMC 0311 Taking it to the Track 2 08-02-2013 02:22 PM
Track Tactics at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on July 21st TheBeeDeeGee Taking it to the Track 69 07-26-2013 01:42 PM
Three track tactics credits!!! Slovy Off Topic 3 04-19-2013 12:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #142
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
The good advice in this thread is:

Request a cc or paypal refund ASAP.

Always use a credit with any corporation as soon as possible. It makes it easier on the TD provider as well cause they don't have to worry about the piggy bank going all upside down when there is a run on the bank. FYI, They are not legally required to pay you anything once they are broke. Corporate bankruptcy happens all the time. That's why so many people incorporate as LLC's, LIMITED LIABILITY corps.

Give it a little time to finalize.

Give Thomass a chance to give you some credits with his new track day organization before you him off.

TTD Merrell and Manu, I lost 5 credits with them. But I've come along with the old staff thru an iteration as Groove Union at GSS and now Fastline and we have honored our commitments and are financially stable.
That may be his plan. There's been rumors. I don't hold him responsible for that and I wouldn't accept if he offered. That's a stand up thing to do and I agree with everyone's opinion of TA's character. He is a great guy and got screwed in this ordeal to. I wouldn't accept the offer if the offer was made because that burden isn't his responsibility. I agree he would try to make it right though. TA, sorry if I you off with the way I went about things. You're just the only person I know to go to for answers since you were in charge. It was never about talking to you or trying to give you a bad name. I still stand by what I said about you being involved though. You were in charge. You may have resigned but it was right as everything went bad. The ONLY thing I have to gripe about with you is the lack of communication and information. I hope this whole thing can be resolved without everyone getting screwed but that's likely not the case. I'm asking that you just keep us informed on what's going on with everything. Thank you.

I will still continue to bad mouth the 3T name. They screwed us all so that will not change. I will not and have not bad mouthed you TA, or the staff.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #143
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
I'm asking that you just keep us informed on what's going on with everything. Thank you.
Why would Thomas do that?

Not sure what line of work you are in. But, let's put this scenario to bring some perspective:

*Let's say you were the employee of a company that makes kitchen cabinets. You went to a customer's house, did the estimate, took the cash deposit, and then, for whatever reason, you quit working for that company.

After you are gone, you learn that the customer never got their cabinets made, and the company is no longer in business. You know the contract was made between the customer and the "cabinet company".

Are you under any obligation to keep the customer that the "cabinet company" screwed informed about anything? NO

I have no dog on this fight, but I think you are "barking at the wrong tree" here.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #144
colt .45

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Zee ex ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Why would Thomas do that?

Not sure what line of work you are in. But, let's put this scenario to bring some perspective:

*Let's say you were the employee of a company that makes kitchen cabinets. You went to a customer's house, did the estimate, took the cash deposit, and then, for whatever reason, you quit working for that company.

After you are gone, you learn that the customer never got their cabinets made, and the company is no longer in business. You know the contract was made between the customer and the "cabinet company".

Are you under any obligation to keep the customer that the "cabinet company" screwed informed about anything? NO

I have no dog on this fight, but I think you are "barking at the wrong tree" here.
He is hard headed and can't see that even though he has been told multiple times.
colt .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #145
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

ileono918, I feel ya, but your example doesn't quite match up. All of us in the motorcycle community, who aren't sons a , care about our reputation. We're all friends in this love affair of bikes. When we put ourselves on the line, and others trust us, and for WHATEVER reason, we don't come through, we try our best to make it right. Your example above is what happens in modern society with rules for protection on all fronts. It's what contributes to making life impersonal, connections with others temporal, and leaves us feeling isolated in a not so nice world. Thomass should feel bad, he got thrown under the bus, and he deserves to kick a motherf%$&ers if not treated well. And when I say kick some , I mean financially. Also, I don't know if the owner of 3T is a motherfu^*&er. His actions to make this all right will tell if he gets clumped in with the Texas Trackday clowns.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #146
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
ileono918, I feel ya, but your example doesn't quite match up. All of us in the motorcycle community, who aren't sons a , care about our reputation. We're all friends in this love affair of bikes. When we put ourselves on the line, and others trust us, and for WHATEVER reason, we don't come through, we try our best to make it right. Your example above is what happens in modern society with rules for protection on all fronts. It's what contributes to making life impersonal, connections with others temporal, and leaves us feeling isolated in a not so nice world. Thomass should feel bad, he got thrown under the bus, and he deserves to kick a motherf%$&ers if not treated well. And when I say kick some , I mean financially. Also, I don't know if the owner of 3T is a motherfu^*&er. His actions to make this all right will tell if he gets clumped in with the Texas Trackday clowns.
So, based on your comments is Tim an SOB? Because he was in a very similar situation in 2009. If I recall that story, he posted several times that people should stop contacting him and Brena and contact the right people (the owners of TTD).

To my surprise, when doing a forum search for "Godsuki" I came across with the user fastline. If you see the thread linked below, you can clearly see that Fastline (Tim) was the face of Texas Track Days back in 2009. Now he is the face of Fastline.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...xas+track+days

Now, let me clarify something. I am using Tim to prove a point, and the point is the same as I tried to make in the last post - Both Tim and Thomas were EMPLOYEES, they were under no obligation to keep people communicated or make refund arrangements for anyone that got screwed.

Now, for the little I know Thomas, he seems like a stand up guy. I know he is feeling like , and is trying to make amends of this crappy situation. He is doing it because he cares, but he is under no obligation to do so.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #147
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
So, based on your comments is Tim an SOB? Because he was in a very similar situation in 2009. If I recall that story, he posted several times that people should stop contacting him and Brena and contact the right people (the owners of TTD).
According to some...yes, Tim and the others at Fastline are a bunch of slime buckets. Of course, the rules change when it is their buddy (TA).

This isn't a shot at TA, but it is to the egocentric dipshits out there who get into all the motorcycle drama bullshit. You know, the same ones that "take a stand" against one org over another for some bullshit self centered reason when it is all for thier own self promotion or their buddy they are nut swinging on.

Apply all the "forgiveness" you are allowing to TA and try spreading it a bit. It's a small community we all live in as motorcyclists.

As for those "screwed" by 3T. Call your credit card company or Paypal and address it like any other business. , file a complaint with the BBB and any other watchdog org.

If you are owed a credit for corner working, chalk it up to a life lesson; unfortunately, it may just cause remaining orgs to have to start paying for CW's, which could raise prices for us all.

Good luck to all involved for an amicable resolution. I am sure TA will do what he can reasonably do given this situation.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 11-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #148
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Yes, Tim is a SOB! But he cares greatly about his motorcycle family. He's the face of fastline cause he's too short and you can't see his body.

I understand your point clearly. But we should all strive to do better. Employees are just that, nothing less, nothing more. A wise freind once told me, "You and the company owe each other nothing. You settle up every two weeks!". So I dont have an expectation that TA will go above and beyond. Im just happy to know he wants to.