MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
I agree there could have been an misunderstanding .. cop put the OP on the defensive when he touched him without cause. Anyone who gets in my personal space without invitation would put me on the defensive. Cop thought there was something wrong .. IE parked in handicap spot ... he could have easily stated "sir you are parked in a handicap spot please move your vehicle" .. not just move your car which is just an order to do something without having a reason behind it. Cop or no cop if you want me to do something justify it .. and do not touch me.
+1

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BE CAREFUL! Texas94fs Off Topic 2 04-28-2009 11:39 AM
be careful Mrs.Jbird5363 Off Topic 2 03-11-2009 10:20 AM
Be careful what you wish for BigComfy Off Topic 8 10-08-2007 09:09 PM
be careful... 50cc chick Off Topic 20 05-22-2006 01:07 AM
Be careful Yokee General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 08-18-2005 09:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
I agree there could have been an misunderstanding .. cop put the OP on the defensive when he touched him without cause. Anyone who gets in my personal space without invitation would put me on the defensive. Cop thought there was something wrong .. IE parked in handicap spot ... he could have easily stated "sir you are parked in a handicap spot please move your vehicle" .. not just move your car which is just an order to do something without having a reason behind it. Cop or no cop if you want me to do something justify it .. and do not touch me.
Look I don't exactly belong to the HPD fan club either and have been to jail and over by cops in the past and all the things that come along from living on planet earth for 33 years, but the cop putting his hand on his shoulder is the same as tapping someone on the back to get their attention for them to turn around. The cop thought he was in a handicapped spot, he told the cop to let him finish ordering before he would move it, and then when the cop puts his hand on his shoulder to get his attention he flips out in the burger joint, yells "RAPE", gets the manager to agree to "keep the evidence", and then claims that motorcyclists are being profiled.

I feel like that guy from the movie "Idiocracy" right now. I'm in a lonely place.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
CBR500R_Mike

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Thank you Rowdy...my point exactly. But the officer was demanding and trying to cause a scene in Whataburger. I just wanted to be respectful and complete my order...NOt WAIT TO GET MY FOOD. I engaged him after I finished my order and he tried to spin me around to get his point across. All I wanted was simple respect. I never coked an attitude. He saw me park, saw me take off my gear, made eye contact me with as I was placing my gear on the table, then comes up to me in line in front of other customers and starts to bark out order and place his hands on me.

It is no different than the fuckball Constables stopping us on Belt 8 claiming EVERYONE WHO RIDES IS A SPEEDER. PEOPLE you must stand up for your RIGHS or they will be trampled on. Complaint filed and his superior was very interested in the incident. He will investigate and his supervisor apologized for the incident as that is not called for. All is better. NOT LET ANYONE STOMP ON YOUR RIGHTS. THE END>
CBR500R_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #44
green600
HG Chairperson

RAPE!!!

I'm too busy baiting to give a .

I'm in for the video tape.

Last edited by green600; 10-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #45
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR500R_Mike View Post
Thank you Rowdy...my point exactly. But the officer was demanding and trying to cause a scene in Whataburger. I just wanted to be respectful and complete my order...NOt WAIT TO GET MY FOOD. I engaged him after I finished my order and he tried to spin me around to get his point across. All I wanted was simple respect. I never coked an attitude. He saw me park, saw me take off my gear, made eye contact me with as I was placing my gear on the table, then comes up to me in line in front of other customers and starts to bark out order and place his hands on me.

It is no different than the fuckball Constables stopping us on Belt 8 claiming EVERYONE WHO RIDES IS A SPEEDER. PEOPLE you must stand up for your RIGHS or they will be trampled on. Complaint filed and his superior was very interested in the incident. He will investigate and his supervisor apologized for the incident as that is not called for. All is better. NOT LET ANYONE STOMP ON YOUR RIGHTS. THE END>
This gets more difficult to understand every time you post. I'm assuming your attorney relayed the information about his supervisor being interested in the situation. Surely you didn't call yourself after all that big bad lawyer video tape nonsense.

Also, you say you engaged him and he tried to explain the issue (spin you around in your mind, which obviously leaves much to be desired), why not elaborate on that for those of us you have left wondering about what really happened?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Look I don't exactly belong to the HPD fan club either and have been to jail and over by cops in the past and all the things that come along from living on planet earth for 33 years, but the cop putting his hand on his shoulder is the same as tapping someone on the back to get their attention for them to turn around. The cop thought he was in a handicapped spot, he told the cop to let him finish ordering before he would move it, and then when the cop puts his hand on his shoulder to get his attention he flips out in the burger joint, yells "RAPE", gets the manager to agree to "keep the evidence", and then claims that motorcyclists are being profiled.

I feel like that guy from the movie "Idiocracy" right now. I'm in a lonely place.
See we were not there so we are going based on the OP. The officer approached and gave a demand/request with no reasoning behind it. If what the OP states is true he tried to physically turn him around .. thats not a tap on the shoulder. And he did this why trying to assert authority. If the officer had time enough to get up and approach the OP he could have looked out the window.

As far as being profiled ... the statement "FKN biker" I think clears that up. He associated the OP as being defiant because he was a biker. No the OP was standing his ground against a pushy cop who could have been having a bad day.

I am very respectful to officers of the law and have respect for their job. I wouldnt strap on a badge and gun for the $$ they make. I also expect them to respect citizens and not try to abuse their authority by thinking everyone should just do as they say because they wear a badge. If he wanted the op to move the bike for being parked illegally he could have stated that or actually looked to confirm then advised the OP to move for said reason if the bike was illegally parked.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #47
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:

Fight the power! That cop will never ask anyone to move from a handicapped spot again. Next on the list...open container law. Who wants to take this one? I'll be working on getting the legal consent age down to 16. 826 you take jaywalking.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #48
green600
HG Chairperson

We need a layout of the parking lot to make a more informed decision.

Quote:
Fight the power! That cop will never ask anyone to move from a handicapped spot again. Next on the list...open container law. Who wants to take this one? I'll be working on getting the legal consent age down to 16. 826 you take jaywalking.
No jaywalking here but if you buy me a Starburst frozen daiquiri with 4 extra shots from Eskimo hut I will test out your open container and legal consent age at 16 all at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2nsuwq8.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	73057  

Last edited by green600; 10-07-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #49
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
Is that circle a manhole cover or a traffic cone? If it was a traffic cone then we have a problem.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #50
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
I see what you did there lol. But in light of your humor if the supervisor talks to the officer maybe in the future he will verify before assuming a law was being broken. Protect and Serve ... not Order and Harass ... a badge is a not a free pass to be a bully.

I am sure you have come across many cops that state the violation .. write you a ticket. Then you have come across the ones who will give you the speech and a write a warning. Then you have cops like this one who will assert their authority give you and expect you to bow down to them cause they are right .. you are wrong.

I will take the first two examples all day long ... the last we can do without.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #51
CBR500R_Mike

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

826...silly...it was 3 spots....2 left most spots were HC and one far right was ordinary parking for all to enjoy.

I got my apology from his supervisor and that is all that matters. Guys and Gals... will never park illegally or do anything to keep the heat on all of us. I respect the law and respect the elderly and HC patrons of every establishment. I hate to see HC parking abused. I work for a car retailer and I see it daily where people abuse our HC spots. I approach our customers in a respectful way and make sure they really need the HC parking. 905 of the time since we only have 2 spots the people agree to move the car over a spot or two. We have biker customers that always park in HC and I approach my fellow biker customers in a respectful way too. all about RESPECT and today was the complete opposite from a PUBLIC SERVANT. Just looks bad in public for an officer to provoke a challenge and then curse. Just down right disrespect.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #52
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Kudos to you for keeping your cool! Thanks for sharing...
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #53
CBR500R_Mike

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Kudos to you for keeping your cool! Thanks for sharing...
Thanks Rod...Keep the wheel up!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #54
Grimace

Experience: 6 years

No offense, but the story is becoming less believable the longer it gets.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #55
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

You should file assault, call Q10 ASAP!!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #56
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
lol, so first it was in front off, now it's next too....better get your story right so i can suck to the cops
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #57
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
Fixed
Wtf? That doesn't even make sense.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #58
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
I got my apology from his supervisor and that is all that matters.
That's interesting. I was cursed out by HPD - filed a complaint in person once and HPD did everything it could to not accept fault, obviously. I got two 'we think you're lying' letters from them and everything.

However, I never saw the cop again after that. He used to patrol the Eastex HOV (motocop).
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #59
CBR500R_Mike

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
That's interesting. I was cursed out by HPD - filed a complaint in person once and HPD did everything it could to not accept fault, obviously. I got two 'we think you're lying' letters from them and everything.

However, I never saw the cop again after that. He used to patrol the Eastex HOV (motocop).

HPD I believe that....my officer was HCSO...maybe the difference.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #60
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post

No jaywalking here but if you buy me a Starburst frozen daiquiri with 4 extra shots from Eskimo hut I will test out your open container and legal consent age at 16 all at the same time.
hahahah I remember the jeep thread

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement