Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (4)

Member Garage

Jay Newton's TWS (Texas World Speedway) III Thanks!!

It was another rough weekend for Jay, but he "made lemonade". A recurring electrical issue caused him to miss much of the afternoon practice session, and school had him busy in the morning on Friday. We have a huge thank you list for this weekend, so here it goes: P1 Racing for helping with the mechanicals and getting the bikes suspension dialed in, South Central Race Center for the sticky rubber you guys put on Jay's bike every weekend, a huge thanks to the Camacho family again for parts loans, another huge thanks to the Tomlinson family also for parts loan, and to my wife for driving all the way back into Houston to pick up some parts from a Yamaha store. All that got Jay through the morning races on his R6 Sunday, but the electrical issue came back just before lunch, so Michael Klesel let Jay borrow his GSXR600 for the afternoon. What a life(points) saver!! Though Jay had never ridden a Suzuki, he did what he does best. He adapted and over came. I was so impressed that he was able to get down into the 49's on his own R6 that morning, but to better that time slightly in the afternoon on a bike that he had never ridden and that was not set up for him, well that speaks volumes to me. I am very proud of that kid for sticking with it and doing his best!!! Jay was able to secure the 2013 F1 Novice Championship at this round because of everyone that has helped, and we greatly appreciate each and every one of you!!! The CMRA staff and all the corner workers are to be highly commended for their hard work all season. One more round to go, and we look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!!
gofast353 is offline   Reply With Quote