MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
3Kracing
three kids racing!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 NSF 100
SSR SR110TR
SSR TX2
Little Piranha mini (50cc trust me)
2006 NSF 100 #2

3Kracing at CMRA Round 9

Well, CMRA round 9 is finished, and what a weekend. The junior motard grid was 9 bikes and they were all looking for the podium. The lights went off and the race was on. Hayden was leading the race, the rest of the pack was in pursuit and another rider was moving up quick. Just as Hayden was crossing start/finish on the second lap he was being overtaken by a KLX. The other rider tried passing on the outside and was not able to hold his bike up on the incline. I was down by the wall taking photos and watched it all in slow motion.... Just as the other rider passed Hayden he dropped in and his rear wheel contacted Haydens front wheel which looked like Hayden hit a wall. Haydens bike flipped throwing Hayden over the handlebars and I watched him fly through the air like a rag doll before he face planted into the track and slid another 40' or so. I saw bike parts, the helmet visor and who knows what else fly off. I honestly could not believe what I just saw... pretty sure I stopped breathing for a moment as I saw my son tumbling down the track, and then sit up and look around. Walter was at his side almost at the same time he sat up. After a quick assessment he picked Hayden up and brought him to me at the wall. Hayden was scared, dad was scared so we sat for a moment before he asked for help with the helmet and gloves. He shrugged out of his suit and we walked back to the pit.
So I am sitting there looking at the helmet, suit, gloves and the scrapes, tears and holes and I'm looking at Hayden, rattled for sure but walking back to the pit. We get to the pit and that's the first time I think that I've ever seen first hand just what a family the CMRA really is.
First, let me make sure you know that the other rider involved and his family were the first people at our pit checking to see that Hayden was ok, but what was really overwhelming was the number of CMRA staff and racers that stopped in to check on Hayden, to see that he was ok and to see the condition of the bike. Walter, Jeff, Jimmy Newton, Wyatt, Nick and so many more that I cannot even remember all stopping in with words of encouragement. Nick Doolan bringing Hayden the last red icee freeze pop that they had in the concession was the miracle cure. Shortly after lunch Hayden announced "I need to ride something", so we grabbed a Honda 50 and let him loose in the field outside the front gate where he rode for about an hour.
Where I am going with all of this is THANK YOU to the CMRA and racers who make up the CMRA for being a great organization. Past that we are looking at the photos leading up to the accident and also some video from onboard cameras and using the experience as a learning tool to see what went wrong, and more importantly what we can do to minimize the chance of any more accidents of this nature.
Now, the good news is that while Hayden had a pretty rough day his brother Shaine finished on the podium in junior motard, and his big sister turned her best times ever on her way to a podium visit in formula 7.
Special thanks also go out to Ana Duran and Leather and Lace who dropped by the pit and took Haydens suit and gloves to see if they can be repaired before next round. There's that CMRA family shining through again.....

So, we're going to see you next round. We've got a lot of work to do on the bikes, but we will be there ready to see our friends and family and have some fun.

on a side note, we cracked an engine case, destroyed a camera, bent the front wheel, destroyed the helmet, went through the gloves and went through the suit in several places. I am going to seriously start looking for the full leather suits for the boys now instead of the "half leathers" that they currently wear.

and dad says we're available to do yard work, babysitting, and work for parts!
3Kracing is offline   Reply With Quote