MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #21
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeeDeeGee View Post
Dude, I didn't realize it was a big deal. I'm not a bike theif, I was trying to avoid being pulled over for bullshit. I'm from NC, and the cops aren't like this up there.

I would have explained what happened, and he would have understood and probably gave me a warning. I had all the appropriate licenses and more importantly insurance. I didn't know it would be better to ride with NO PLATE until it was switched over

I should be in jail? WTF dude, if the cops put me in jail for that the system is seriously up. They aint got nothing better to do than that!? He probably wouldn't have known the difference between and RC51 and VFR800, I shouldn't even have mentioned it, I was trying to be honest with him and look where it got me
You have no clue, do you? Turn in your license. You are too ignorant to drive. I dont want you on the same streets as me. PERIOD.

You cant drive a vehicle on the street until it is REGISTERED. pretty simple concept. Switching plates WILL get you thrown in jail. I have no clue how long you sucked this cop off, but you did a good job!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone off tomorrow morning? Feel like riding in the morning sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 8 02-23-2011 02:10 AM
I didn't get a ticket on the HOV this morning! Squoddybody General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 09-28-2010 06:56 AM
getting out of a ticket???? level5 Off Topic 18 02-17-2009 07:44 PM
Ticket Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-22-2008 11:18 AM
Ticket jfly General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-20-2008 12:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
TheBeeDeeGee

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Lol, you got a ticket for obscured plate when you should have gotten a serious ticket/impoundment for 'altered fictitious' tag for using the plate from ANOTHER bike, and you're ?!
sake, I thought it would look worse if I rode with no plate. I thought I'd immediately get pulled over with the cop thinking I stole the bike.

I guess I'm irritated because of all the that race on the street and run all the time and never get , and I have to deal with this horse .
TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #23
TheBeeDeeGee

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
You have no clue, do you? Turn in your license. You are too ignorant to drive. I dont want you on the same streets as me. PERIOD.

You cant drive a vehicle on the street until it is REGISTERED. pretty simple concept. Switching plates WILL get you thrown in jail. I have no clue how long you sucked this cop off, but you did a good job!
Dude you're a tool.

Yeah I don't need to be on the road with you because my bike wasn't registered....yet. I had insurance and a license. Which is way more than half the riders in Houston.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
sake, I thought it would look worse if I rode with no plate. I thought I'd immediately get pulled over with the cop thinking I stole the bike.

I guess I'm irritated because of all the that race on the street and run all the time and never get , and I have to deal with this horse .
Thats why it stays in the garage until registered, as ALL vehicles do.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Well, you DID get lucky. I doubt the judge will see it any differently. Just be thankful you didn't go to jail. Those cops around there can be REAL about stuff. This is actually surprising to all of us that you didn't get hit with the book.

What you did, I wouldn't rank anywhere close to stealing a bike or running from the police, but everyone knows its HIGHLY illegal to do.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
messiah

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
02 954rr

Yup I've purchased bikes the owner kept the plates on it I rode it to the DMV with all the paperwork on me and got that big ol temporary tag. At least that way the cops would understand the situation a little better
messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Man up, Admit you were wrong, goto ct, try to get it dismissed, tell then you were ignorant to the law

if you loose pay up and learn

Simple really
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #28
TheBeeDeeGee

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
Yup I've purchased bikes the owner kept the plates on it I rode it to the DMV with all the paperwork on me and got that big ol temporary tag. At least that way the cops would understand the situation a little better
I just didn't figure it'd be a big deal to use the plate from another bike in my name that I OWN, to go the tax office. I certainly didn't think I could get freaking arrested for it.

The obscured plate was BS I think, you can see my plate from 50 ft away just fine. He was nitpicking because they have obviously been told to crack down on bikers. Bottom line is, some hats act the fool and the rest of us have to pay for it.

Yes I broke the law by switching the plates, I'm stupid because I thought it would be better than no plate. I never had this problem before because the owners I bought my other bikes from left the plates on so I didn't have to deal with it.

Last edited by TheBeeDeeGee; 10-04-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
I just didn't figure it'd be a big deal to use the plate from another bike in my name that I OWN, to go the tax office. I certainly didn't think I could get freaking arrested for it.

The obscured plate was BS I think, you can see my plate from 50 ft away just fine. He was nitpicking because they have obviously been told to crack down on bikers. Bottom line is, some hats act the fool and the rest of us have to pay for it.

Yes I broke the law by switching the plates, I'm stupid because I thought it would be better than no plate. I never had this problem before because the owners I bought my other bikes from left the plates on so I didn't have to deal with it.
Memorial Villages have been tagging bikers for years...ive been tagged there twice. Of course I was doing 70+ in the 35mph part for fun passing people. They just want money they really dont give a about pulling ppl to jail unless your drunk
Old 10-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #30
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
OR... he would have been required to tow the bike (or not let you ride it away) if he wrote a ticket for wrong plates. Basically, he gave you a severe warning... aka lesser charge... so you could be on your way.

They probably figure you're hiding something with different plates, and that you plan to do it for awhile... otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with mounting the incorrect plates. THAT is what they are trying to stop.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I agree that we will feel a lot of heat because of the dumbass Yankees.

Most likely the thing that kept your out of the clank is it was YOUR plate, and not someone elses.

Obscure plate? Yeah, I've gotten them before. Paid the fine and left the plate where its at. The bike I just bought is probably "obscure", oh well. I'm not moving it.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Another thing... it wasn't a moving violation, so be happy about that.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #33
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I agree that we will feel a lot of heat because of the dumbass Yankees.

Most likely the thing that kept your out of the clank is it was YOUR plate, and not someone elses.

Obscure plate? Yeah, I've gotten them before. Paid the fine and left the plate where its at. The bike I just bought is probably "obscure", oh well. I'm not moving it.

nuff said....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	woah-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	72956  
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #34
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Yea thats highly illegal....like switching plates on cars. Print out a temp tag online or no plate is the right way to handle that. Suprised u werent arrested....
WERD

Seems like it went well especially in the villages I am guessing you are Caucasian.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #35
TheBeeDeeGee

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Well it's good to know about Hunter Creek, I go that way to work all the time. Won't be doing that anymore.

I used to lane split during rush hour down voss all the time....won't be doing that anymore

and yeah, I just read online I can mail in a picture of the license plate in the correct location with $10 and that's that.

So I will be duct taping the plate on the tail and taking a picture
Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #36
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Got pulled on the way to work for an obscured license plate in Hunters Creek Village.

I told the cop the license plate was from my other bike, because the bike was new to me, and I was on the way to switch the plate and title. I figured having a plate on it was better than no plate, but he still gave me the ticket. I guess if I rode with no plate I would have been fine. WTF. I told him I had the signed title and bill of sale in my bag.

CAN YOU EVEN RIDE A SPORT BIKE IN HOUSTON ANYMORE!
cry cry cry, I dont know why your , you got caught riding an unregistered vehicle on public roads, its not like they made up charges to nail you on. dang I dont see the problem, I'd bet you get it handled now huh?
Seriously sounds like they cut you a break, an obscured plate I am sure is cheaper than unregistered vehicle ticket

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #37
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:

So I will be duct taping the plate on the tail and taking a picture
Hope it looks legit they don't have a good sense of humor.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #38
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Your kidding right????

Had a license, had insurance, had the signed title and bill of sale.

What are you talking about. I was getting the title and plate switched today, apparently if I rode without the plate from my other bike I would have been fine. Still got pulled over, but could have used the title as proof
its still an unregistered vehicle until this afternoon, which = you got lucky he didnt rape you this morning, I dont know what you dont see here

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Even with a signed title and bill of sale, you are not the legal owner until to go to the tax office and pay the taxes and transfer the title into your name....(and I am not even going to go into the license plate )

So instead of blaming it on the idiots in NY, man up and admit you made a mistake, got a ticket, and move on with your day....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Velcro works well. They have it at Larry's hobby shop on I-45 and 1960.

Advertisement