MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
CZero
Grom Wrangler

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 S1000RR

Today ended up to be a really good day, wish fastline had a camera crew though! Especially finding out my gopro died on me...

How will I get Facebook cred without video or photos?! Haha I'm joking. Maybe...

Seriously though, great group to ride with.

Looking forward to next track day, possibly ridesmart this coming weekend.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N00B ride through the....1/11/2013 TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 14 01-09-2014 08:02 AM
KPOP 11-22-2013 You guys down or what :) r6racer Events, Meets and Rides 18 11-22-2013 05:10 PM
Aeros and Autos May 11 2013 BYRDMAN Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-11-2013 12:28 PM
Random pix from CMRA last year at MSHR kenup283 Taking it to the Track 3 01-22-2009 12:49 AM
ROLL CALL 11/03/07 LMS @ MSHR HOUSTONSR6 Taking it to the Track 28 11-04-2007 03:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #22
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Glad you had fun bro. See ya at the next one. Rustle up a 250 and come play minis on December 1st

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #23
CZero
Grom Wrangler

Bike(s):
2013 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Glad you had fun bro. See ya at the next one. Rustle up a 250 and come play minis on December 1st
Yeah, I've been considering that more and more now.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZero View Post
Today ended up to be a really good day, wish fastline had a camera crew though! Especially finding out my gopro died on me...

How will I get Facebook cred without video or photos?! Haha I'm joking. Maybe...

Seriously though, great group to ride with.

Looking forward to next track day, possibly ridesmart this coming weekend.
Cory Blair was out there taking photos for fastline. He has a website where he posts the photos. Give him a day or so to upload.
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
Vilks

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13

CZero I'm the other black s1000rr rider from yesterday. If you get an exhaust system be sure it gets installed with a new gasket. I like to think mine was but when talking to Bill over at Wild West about the backfiring issues on my bike he said that sometimes that happens.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #26
x-ray
CMRA #228

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Super Adventure
2007 SV650S (My track toy)
07 CRF230F
2006 VFR800a (sold - covered a lot of miles)
04 Honda 599 (sold)

http://www.coryblair.com/FASTLINE
07 Suzuki SV650s - CMRA #228
x-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #27
Vilks

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13

Thanks for the info and link x-ray. Do you know if Lone Star Track Days has something similar.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
x-ray
CMRA #228

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Super Adventure
07 CRF230F
04 Honda 599 (sold)

I'm not sure about LSTD. I didn't notice if anybody was taking pictures last Friday at TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
CZero
Grom Wrangler

Bike(s):
2013 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray View Post
Hey thanks! He must have been hiding in the grass wearing a ghillie suit, haha.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

I wanted to take some time to gather my thoughts before I posted the results of my FIRST time ever on the track. First the thank you’s. May Bless Dinosaur! Amazing guy, super nice and he taught me a ton ! Never could have done it without you Sir! To the ladies of Leather and Lace both of whom are awesome riders I owe you a debt of gratitude I can never repay. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Tony thank you for taking the time observer and tweak seemingly minor things that made a huge difference for me on the turn in to the carousel which really let me get some real drive onto the pit straight without going off the track! To Tim and all the rest of the Fastlane instructors and staff you were all amazing! To all the guys and gals in the Paddock thanks as well for all your tips, tools and encouragement! Especially for not throwing a brick at the 240lb newb on a 300 blocking the racing line at a snail’s pace. Oh and special thanks to Pirelli, Kawasaki, and Team V.

How was it? IT WAS A BLAST! I recommend it to anyone on two wheels. I learned I can trust my tires a lot more than I ever thought. The importance of body position. Especially what to do with these size 47 boots and how to lock into the bike. The tip of keeping the inside elbow up and holding the throttle like a door was a revelation. Each session was nearly overwhelming with the amount of techniques you can use to improve your( whatever you happen to want improve). As a total novice I didn’t know what to expect but the instructors really helped explain where and what I needed to do. I learned that my street riding style and shifting patterns(RPMs) are way too low. Keeping the bike reving is the key to getting out of the corners, and even getting on the gas mid corner as well. When the revs are higher the bike doesn’t feel as jerky getting on off the gas. I also learned to respect my bike way more, as a “little” 300 will hurl a 240lbs newb wearing 40lbs of leather at a corner not only way faster than I ever thought, but at certain points faster than I was willing to go. Too much fun! Favorite corner at MSRH, tie between Sugar and Spice, and Diamonds Edge. I have to work on the Bus Stop, I just couldn’t seem to hit my RP’s in that one consistently, which is sad since I am quite certain an old lady pushing a shopping cart with her cane lapped me at least twice. I can’t wait to get back out there again. In short it was a pivotal moment in my life.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
x-ray
CMRA #228

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Super Adventure
07 CRF230F
04 Honda 599 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apehanger V View Post
I have to work on the Bus Stop, I just couldn’t seem to hit my RP’s in that one consistently, which is sad since I am quite certain an old lady pushing a shopping cart with her cane lapped me at least twice. I can’t wait to get back out there again. In short it was a pivotal moment in my life.
Shoot, we ALL have to work on the bus stop. I know that if I'm going to mess up on a lap, it's a good chance it's gonna be there!

Sounds like another one is hooked! Was there any doubt? lol

As an instructor in Novice (SV650 #228, red leathers) it was great getting to see all the riders progress throughout the day as their comfort levels increased.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #32
uhaulcma
CMA FASTLANE G.E.T.

Bike(s):
2005 HONDA GOLDWING
KAWASKI VOYAGER XII SOLD
KAWASAKI 800 VULCAN CLASSIC SOLD
2002 KAWASAKI 750 ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray View Post
Shoot, we ALL have to work on the bus stop. I know that if I'm going to mess up on a lap, it's a good chance it's gonna be there!

Sounds like another one is hooked! Was there any doubt? lol

As an instructor in Novice (SV650 #228, red leathers) it was great getting to see all the riders progress throughout the day as their comfort levels increased.
bus stop was the fun cornor this trip. i flew like superman landed like a bomb flew like a hawk (thanks life flight) utmb was really great will see everyone in december. remember flying like superman is not recommended on the track .
uhaulcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
I wanted to take some time to gather my thoughts before I posted the results of my FIRST time ever on the track. First the thank you’s. May Bless Dinosaur! Amazing guy, super nice and he taught me a ton ! Never could have done it without you Sir! To the ladies of Leather and Lace both of whom are awesome riders I owe you a debt of gratitude I can never repay. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Tony thank you for taking the time observer and tweak seemingly minor things that made a huge difference for me on the turn in to the carousel which really let me get some real drive onto the pit straight without going off the track! To Tim and all the rest of the Fastlane instructors and staff you were all amazing! To all the guys and gals in the Paddock thanks as well for all your tips, tools and encouragement! Especially for not throwing a brick at the 240lb newb on a 300 blocking the racing line at a snail’s pace. Oh and special thanks to Pirelli, Kawasaki, and Team V.

How was it? IT WAS A BLAST! I recommend it to anyone on two wheels. I learned I can trust my tires a lot more than I ever thought. The importance of body position. Especially what to do with these size 47 boots and how to lock into the bike. The tip of keeping the inside elbow up and holding the throttle like a door was a revelation. Each session was nearly overwhelming with the amount of techniques you can use to improve your( whatever you happen to want improve). As a total novice I didn’t know what to expect but the instructors really helped explain where and what I needed to do. I learned that my street riding style and shifting patterns(RPMs) are way too low. Keeping the bike reving is the key to getting out of the corners, and even getting on the gas mid corner as well. When the revs are higher the bike doesn’t feel as jerky getting on off the gas. I also learned to respect my bike way more, as a “little” 300 will hurl a 240lbs newb wearing 40lbs of leather at a corner not only way faster than I ever thought, but at certain points faster than I was willing to go. Too much fun! Favorite corner at MSRH, tie between Sugar and Spice, and Diamonds Edge. I have to work on the Bus Stop, I just couldn’t seem to hit my RP’s in that one consistently, which is sad since I am quite certain an old lady pushing a shopping cart with her cane lapped me at least twice. I can’t wait to get back out there again. In short it was a pivotal moment in my life.
I got a chance to work with you and you were killing it out there. Big guy on little bike you were hualing . I kept turning around to see where you were and you were right on me.

My name is John, I switched between two bikes.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
Apehanger V

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
I got a chance to work with you and you were killing it out there. Big guy on little bike you were hualing . I kept turning around to see where you were and you were right on me.

My name is John, I switched between two bikes.
Oh man how could I have left you out. Man you rock! All your help and advice was spot on, working on the board and on the track to really get me on the racing line. I can't wait to get out there again.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #35
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
Oh man how could I have left you out. Man you rock! All your help and advice was spot on, working on the board and on the track to really get me on the racing line. I can't wait to get out there again.
I am ready for the next one too. I put on a new front tire last night.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #36
x-ray
CMRA #228

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Super Adventure
07 CRF230F
04 Honda 599 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulcma View Post

bus stop was the fun cornor this trip. i flew like superman landed like a bomb flew like a hawk (thanks life flight) utmb was really great will see everyone in december. remember flying like superman is not recommended on the track .
You don't have to keep trying to impress us. Plus I was NOT happy to see your motorcycle coming back to the pits on the trailer and you weren't with it!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
Apehanger V

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:

I'm glad you are OK Bro. I have to admit, ever since I had a kid, whenever I see a ambulance or life flight, I whisper a prayer becuase I never know when it could be me. Now my son does it as well. So prayers answered. I will however, tell you like I told a friend of mine, there really are other cheaper less dramatics ways to see the city. Many Blessings.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #38
dinosaur
Retired in place

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold

Quote:

Good job out there Tim. Now that you are hooked did I mention this price increase for the trailer spot? See you next time!
CMRA #414
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #39
Apehanger V

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Good job out there Tim. Now that you are hooked did I mention this price increase for the trailer spot? See you next time!
HA! I guess the boy will have to go to a junior college instead. Sign me up!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #40
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:

Glad to hear you are ok!

Advertisement