MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Mace
Wisdom
 
Mace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belton
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 232

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike






CMRA License Class 10/04/13

Who's attending the class, what bike are you riding and how fast are you ? I'am wondering cause I'am a little freaked out by the whole deal.

Chris, 2000 SV650, 2m10s at TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMRA License Class ArturoC Taking it to the Track 19 02-15-2012 08:42 AM
M CLASS LICENSE omer General Discussion (Moto Related) 136 05-05-2011 11:50 AM
Class M license R6Chris General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 04-29-2010 05:58 PM
Ridesmart Trackday w/ CMRA licensing class - TWS (Texas World Speedway) - 2.15.10 (ROLL CALL) cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 51 02-17-2010 01:47 AM
CMRA license???? HoustonGixxer Taking it to the Track 26 04-25-2008 02:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
joeybaila
Senior Member
 
joeybaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 2,370

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+


2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....






You'll be fine yo, the ppl at lonestar will take good care of you. Just ride like you normally do. Ride your ride and your gonna have a blast.
My first time racing TWS (Texas World Speedway) was the last races of last year, my best time on Friday practice was a 2:15. Then on sunday morning practice I was able to run a 2:13. Then in my first race I was able to run 2:05'a and 2:06's.
__________________
CMRA # 208 Sponsors
http://www.track-junkie.com,Halffast Group, GnS Racing Transport,Ridesmart, Bridgestone, P1 Race Center, Kpop, Brawp Racing
joeybaila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,037

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






I agree with Joey. You will do fine. Lstd does a great job.
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Tiller
#463
 
Tiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 820

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R






It's tempting but I'm waiting for the last round
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Ashdog
Senior Member
 
Ashdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 134

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
15 KTM RC390
07 DRZ400SM
05 Crf115







I plan on attending Friday's class also. I've only been to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for a 3T wknd earlier this summer. I'll be on a different bike this time around so my times may vary. I was on a stock 07 GSXR 600 and ran a 2:17

I'll be on a track ready 07 R6 this time around

BTW There's a mentor program that will pair you up with an experienced rider to walk you through your first weekend. Call Nancy, I believe she's the CMRA secretary and she tell you all about it, that's who told me..
Ashdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
unswift
Senior Member
 
unswift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in 90% humidity.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 277

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R race
2008 EX250 race








Do not be freaked out! Half your day will be in the classroom, so be prepared to learn the rule book!

The second half of your day you will be riding in the "street group," where the prov novs (that's you) tend to be among the faster guys because the other two sessions are for novice and expert licensed racers. Remember that the point of this day is not to go fast. Focus on holding the race line and making clean passes of slower riders. Don't crash or you have to do it again.

I will be out there all day, so look for the #858 bike in the first garage if you have any questions (though your CMRA school instructor should have you covered).

See you guys in the mock race!

Dave T
unswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
It's tempting but I'm waiting for the last round
ME TOO
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









I'll be there. S1000RR, 1:56. Who all is able to be in the mock race? Just people from the class, or anyone who wants to join?
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by unswift View Post
Do not be freaked out! Half your day will be in the classroom, so be prepared to learn the rule book!

The second half of your day you will be riding in the "street group," where the prov novs (that's you) tend to be among the faster guys because the other two sessions are for novice and expert licensed racers. Remember that the point of this day is not to go fast. Focus on holding the race line and making clean passes of slower riders. Don't crash or you have to do it again.

I will be out there all day, so look for the #858 bike in the first garage if you have any questions (though your CMRA school instructor should have you covered).

See you guys in the mock race!

Dave T
So we won't get any track time before lunch? I have a lot I need to work out before Sunday.
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
Mace
Wisdom
 
Mace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belton
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 232

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike






Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyugoh View Post
So we won't get any track time before lunch? I have a lot I need to work out before Sunday.
My understanding from the LSTD site is that you ride every session, 20 min. classroom, 20 rest time and so on. The mock race is made up of the license class, track control riders and CMRA racers.

I also said I was running 2m10s at TWS (Texas World Speedway), well that was on a ZX6R, Not really sure on the track . Damm sure no where near under 2min.
See ya out there.
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
My understanding from the LSTD site is that you ride every session, 20 min. classroom, 20 rest time and so on. The mock race is made up of the license class, track control riders and CMRA racers.

I also said I was running 2m10s at TWS (Texas World Speedway), well that was on a ZX6R, Not really sure on the track . Damm sure no where near under 2min.
See ya out there.
Well that's what I thought I read, but everyone I talked to (2 people) said I would miss half of the track day. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we go to class between each session. Alright, see you there.
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
Mace
Wisdom
 
Mace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belton
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 232

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike






Great track day, no, no passing rules and the mock race was outstanding. Best time I have had on a race track.

One problem though, apparently after 2 years I still can,t turn on my Gopro with gloves on.

Did anyone record the mock race?

Yes I'am now a ProNov rider. LSTD puts on a great show.
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!
 
Rykoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,301

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street


Member Garage


Good job mane!!!
__________________
Ryan S. CMRA # 915
sigpic17258 1
...what doesn't Kill you only makes you stronger!!! "Live Now"
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #14
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Congrats!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Great track day, no, no passing rules and the mock race was outstanding. Best time I have had on a race track.

One problem though, apparently after 2 years I still can,t turn on my Gopro with gloves on.

Did anyone record the mock race?

Yes I'am now a ProNov rider. LSTD puts on a great show.
I recorded it. I gridded in the back and got up to 2nd out of the Prov Nov riders. Where did you end up by the end of the race? If it wasn't first, I may have you on my video.
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Great job Tony et al! You all did great in the mock race and track day. Tony now has a Super Bowl ring and racing license... Not many folks able to claim that!

On another note, whoever I passed in 12 on the inside held their line really well and didn't panic even when they headed for the edge of the track; glad that turned out well!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
2:10 on an SV is totally fine for a novice racer. I was running consistent 2:11s on a litre before my first race, and wasn't even last!
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Great job Tony et al! You all did great in the mock race and track day. Tony now has a Super Bowl ring and racing license... Not many folks able to claim that!

On another note, whoever I passed in 12 on the inside held their line really well and didn't panic even when they headed for the edge of the track; glad that turned out well!
Thanks Tom. Hopefully I can get a trophy or plaque to add to that next year.
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
Mace
Wisdom
 
Mace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belton
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 232

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike






Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyugoh View Post
I recorded it. I gridded in the back and got up to 2nd out of the Prov Nov riders. Where did you end up by the end of the race? If it wasn't first, I may have you on my video.
Yeah, I started on the middle of the 2nd row and I'am not sure where I finished. I could have finished last, just not sure. I'am the old fat guy on the blue sv650, we talked about your friend Carter. Anyway any footage you could post would be great. Thanks
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
tonyugoh
Member
 
tonyugoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Yeah, I started on the middle of the 2nd row and I'am not sure where I finished. I could have finished last, just not sure. I'am the old fat guy on the blue sv650, we talked about your friend Carter. Anyway any footage you could post would be great. Thanks
I just got a glimpse of you at the start, sorry.
tonyugoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy