MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #121
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
I would have ran them over as well
I probly would have done the same in that situation. What else can you do.
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #122
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
I probly would have done the same in that situation. What else can you do.
Good to have you back Ryan. How was your ban?

I'm impressed. Not with the video. But the tires on the RR. I need some of those just in case i need to run any of you crazy over!
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #123
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Bikers need to carry knifes with the window breaking spike on the end and the seat belt cutter to better aid the public of course. no need to mess up a good helmet
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #124
duston98
Duston

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW S1000 RR
HD Dyna Street Bob
KX250F
Pitster Pro X4r
PW50

I would have run their dumb a$& over... My priority is to protect my family. The bikers are a bunch of duches
duston98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #125
Will69camaro

Bike(s):
2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

Agree fully with majority of comments in this thread. RR was in the right to try to protect himself and his family.

Like to see some bikers try that in Texas. Big trucks and gun loving americans would have resulted probably a little different. Pretty sure my raptor could climb over quite a few bikes if necessary and if not, I typically have 50-150rd of 45cal in the console. Didn't look to me like there were enough of them that I would soon run out of ammo.
Will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #126
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will69camaro View Post
Agree fully with majority of comments in this thread. RR was in the right to try to protect himself and his family.

Like to see some bikers try that in Texas. Big trucks and gun loving americans would have resulted probably a little different. Pretty sure my raptor could climb over quite a few bikes if necessary and if not, I typically have 50-150rd of 45cal in the console. Didn't look to me like there were enough of them that I would soon run out of ammo.
Might not run out of your ammo...

But I cant say the same about your hearing
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #127
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

article has been updated.. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585

"Alexian Lien's Range Rover was surrounded by several bikers on the West Side Highway on Sunday. One biker apparently cut the driver off and slammed on the brakes just before the SUV bumped his rear tire. But when Lien — who was driving his wife, Rosalyn, and their 2-year-old child — stopped, several bikers began to damage his SUV."
Old 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #128
Will69camaro

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post
Might not run out of your ammo...

But I cant say the same about your hearing
That's why I keep a nice set of earplugs in the car also! Not really for that, it's gear incase I want to go to the range during lunch or just after. Doubtful you'd have time to put earplugs in, in that event, and if you did that's probably enough to be considered "planning" to shoot someone...
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #129
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will69camaro View Post
That's why I keep a nice set of earplugs in the car also! Not really for that, it's gear incase I want to go to the range during lunch or just after. Doubtful you'd have time to put earplugs in, in that event, and if you did that's probably enough to be considered "planning" to shoot someone...

What range do you shoot at?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #130
ciaka

Bike(s):
In between bikes

like i said, if this was in TX, etc, there would have been a half dozen lying in the street bleeding and screaming like little . Feel much safer in a mob of what, a hundred?
Never mind trying to act decent, but taking over the road and not paying attention to any rules or decency.
I have no pity for anyone in that crowd. The only sad thing is that this family had to go through this ordeal and will surely spread the word of how wonderful bikers are.
Because we all know, it will be a generalization, not a specific statement, and we will all deal with the consequences.
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #131
Will69camaro

Bike(s):

I haven't been in a while. Used to shoot at Spring Guns and Ammo. Live a ways away now so probably go to American Shooters or Athena. Been to Carters Country and Shiloh before. As said been a while since I've been shooting. Need to get back out and do it!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #132
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Nobody was hurt. Which makes all the drama queen statements of the riders kind of stupid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

What isn't being said by the riders is that yes, he bumped one of the riders who brake checked him. Stupid stupid move by the rider, but the RR then went to pull over. The riders were then beating on his vehicle, with his wife and child in the vehicle. He then plowed off. Still, nobody was hurt.

I call mass stupidity on the part of the riders. And since nobody was hurt, I find the video funny. as. .

Article I posted notes the annual event has now been canceled. They will run it anyway, I'm sure, because... well, because laws don't apply to them.
Not sticking up for the riders, 'cause it definitely looks like they got what was coming, but it says that one rider was run over and had a leg broken - just clarifying.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #133
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Would you be dumb enough to put your family in danger by hitting one and then driving over more? Despite how hard you might act on the internet I bet you would let them all pass to avoid and potential problem in the first place.
Dude, Ed is definitely a pillow-biting dude.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #134
KevinCgp

Bike(s):
F4i , Trex

This is exactly what happened on a San Antonio ride I was on last year.. A Cadillac ran two bikes off the road and one of them was a friend of mine .. They caught up to the rider and beat him good.. When the media got involved it turned in to the motorcycles fault for being in such a big group.. They let the guy go even though he hit two bikes .. I saw it first hand.. The car could have easily let the bikes past but got impatient and and tried to make his way through the pack . And that's when it got crazy.. I can guarantee that's what happened here and the media will make it seem like the rr was just protecting himself when in reality he should have just let the bikes pass.. And for all the people saying that wouldn't have happened in Texas .. Well that happened in Texas.. And same thing happened
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #135
KevinCgp

Bike(s):
F4i , Trex

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/templat...2/QUSKl5K5.xml

The link for the San Antonio ride... "Bikers attacked drivers". In the medias eyes it will always be motorcycles fault.. Always..
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #136
EquinsuOcha

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
This is exactly what happened on a San Antonio ride I was on last year.. A Cadillac ran two bikes off the road and one of them was a friend of mine .. They caught up to the rider and beat him good.. When the media got involved it turned in to the motorcycles fault for being in such a big group.. They let the guy go even though he hit two bikes .. I saw it first hand.. The car could have easily let the bikes past but got impatient and and tried to make his way through the pack . And that's when it got crazy.. I can guarantee that's what happened here and the media will make it seem like the rr was just protecting himself when in reality he should have just let the bikes pass.. And for all the people saying that wouldn't have happened in Texas .. Well that happened in Texas.. And same thing happened
Except you ARE in the wrong if you're riding like the people in the video...
When you have hundred(s) of riders blocking all lanes (often going the wrong way as well), it's hard to say that the driver is at fault for just trying to drive down the road in a legal manner. I wasn't there for the situation in SA, but this one seems pretty clear.

Besides, don't you think that if the RR provoked this whole thing that they guy would have posted the WHOLE video? Not just 5 minutes of it?
EquinsuOcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #137
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
If you call a broken leg unhurt

Article is terribly written and biased
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585
Also says further down...

The driver of the SUV was the only injury reported, cops say.

*shrug*

But for sure, we can say nobody was killed, which was what WAS stated earlier in this thread. Because, you know, Facebook doesn't lie.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #138
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Not sticking up for the riders, 'cause it definitely looks like they got what was coming, but it says that one rider was run over and had a leg broken - just clarifying.
Article seems to have been updated several times, but after just reading it right now, it doesn't say anything about a broken leg. Just this...

An NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the Lien was taken to hospital and treated for lacerations to his face and body.

He said there were no other injuries reported from the incident.

So we're a thousand miles away and can't be 100% sure, but the poster earlier who said his Facebook friend was killed, well, we can pretty much raff our off at dat.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #139
ciaka

Bike(s):
In between bikes

Amen to that.
I'm sure he wasn't out to hard as people on the road, had a 2 year old with him and wife.
The dumb were very arrogant and intimidating in behavior as seen in vid.
I'm sure if your small kids and wife are in the car and you have a hundred or so bikes riding very aggressively way too close to your car and other cars too, you would be feeling intimidated and be upset. No wonder when someone in the vid tried to open his doors, the driver just took off (watch the bid and you will see it). Then it was adrenaline and ended with him getting hurt (slashed in the face and chest).
Those piece of riders are giving everyone else a bad name because they are idiots.
A balanced person would tape what is going on and pull over to get help, not chase with the whole bunch of them through streets and lights to kick his window in and slash him.
That's just below lowlife.
And right, the video is conveniently cut too. Btw no articles (especially those published in late afternoon), state that any biker was killed, nor broken up...one said sustained injuries but listed as a scratch. Scratch, hurt ego vs. Slashed face and chest in front of your family...now, that's a good balance. Man, bikes will never have good opinion because of these idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Except you ARE in the wrong if you're riding like the people in the video...
When you have hundred(s) of riders blocking all lanes (often going the wrong way as well), it's hard to say that the driver is at fault for just trying to drive down the road in a legal manner. I wasn't there for the situation in SA, but this one seems pretty clear.

Besides, don't you think that if the RR provoked this whole thing that they guy would have posted the WHOLE video? Not just 5 minutes of it?
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #140
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Looked and sounded like a bunch of dogs.

There is no brotherhood get over it.
This, almost all the stunters on my FB are vehemently defending the riders and arguing that the drier needs to be arrested and slapped with a slew of chargers while everyone else is apparently watching a different video and agreeing with most of us that these guys got less that then deserved.

Someone posted this.

BTW, this is the guy that cut off the Range Rover.

13005 635005633197471 735121684 n
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me

Last edited by eltejano; 10-01-2013 at 01:52 AM.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement