MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #581
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #582
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I am going to go with the stereotype and say, out of all the angry drivers I see on the freeways, I can't ever remember seeing an angry asian driver, I always see angry white/black/ hispanic daily but I cant recall ever seeing a off asian behind the wheel. just an observation I never really thought about until cyhcotic mentioned egos.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #583
Grimace

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I am going to go with the stereotype and say, out of all the angry drivers I see on the freeways, I can't ever remember seeing an angry asian driver, I always see angry white/black/ hispanic daily but I cant recall ever seeing a off asian behind the wheel. just an observation I never really thought about until cyhcotic mentioned egos.
Well I guess it's all settled then
Old 10-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #584
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
Pretty sure the only innocents are wife and kid. Chances are egos on both sides resulted this. I wonder how much details are left out for the sake of publicity. We all know how the media plays their role. Yet people have already drawn conclusion based solely on the media... Typical reaction from the public.
I wouldn't blame it on the media....

It's personal experience involving bikers and/or 'bleeding heart' syndrome, because the 'poor father' is lying in the hospital, it's gotta be the drivers fault because he didn't stop and wait for police.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #585
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Only wife kid and a fee of the bikers are innocent.
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #586
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #587
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Since you are throwing in stereotypes, Asians are not exactly the most courteous and skilled drivers either. You know how you can easily get off driving down belleire??

Honestly, who knows what started the whole thing. I don't disagree with the legality of the situation. Bikers are going to be charged based on evidence. But we all know how road rage starts. Some idiot gets off on something stupid, the other party reacts, and goes back and forward.

Only you can come up with that kind of conclusion. Because to you, we all should stand up against a bunch of idiot hooligans on bikes that are known to be douches, while we have a wife and kid in the car. Again, no one is blaming the driver on legality of the situation. But why get involved at all? I have a hard time figuring out how the bikers would 100% forced the situation and specifically target that 1 single vehicle and not let go about it. It's not like they were hijacking the car.

Again, pretty sure egos got the driver involved. I am not saying people shouldn't stand up for themselves. We should. But don't do it while wife and kids in the car. could have gotten worst.

Noticed how they only targeted the driver only and not the wife and kid? It's easy to see that it was a conflict between the driver and the bikers, not just a random hooligan rage. The little details can explain alot.
If the RR driver had done anything prior to where the video starts to the bikers off, don't you think the bikers would have been quick to point that out to try and justify their actions? There are no reports of anyone getting hit prior to the incidents in the video. So all we have to go off of is what's in the video. And it appears they're pissy that the RR clipped the rear tire of the one biker that brake checked him. Why did they brake check him? Who knows, maybe they were trying to start shutting down the freeway to start their shennanigans? It's pretty irrelevant at this point. It happened, we know it did, and there's no reports of any kind to suggest the bikers had a legitimate reason to want to stop the guy at all.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #588
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Noticed how they only targeted the driver only and not the wife and kid? It's easy to see that it was a conflict between the driver and the bikers, not just a random hooligan rage. The little details can explain alot.
I believe if you search this thread there's a link that states otherwise.

Quote:
Because to you, we all should stand up against a bunch of idiot hooligans on bikes that are known to be douches, while we have a wife and kid in the car.
I have not said such a thing...

Quote:
Again, no one is blaming the driver on legality of the situation.
Don't know what sources your reading/following...

Quote:
But why get involved at all? I have a hard time figuring out how the bikers would 100% forced the situation and specifically target that 1 single vehicle and not let go about it. It's not like they were hijacking the car.
First they encountered that didn't play sheep, and by the time the following van came along the 'bad' ones were occupied by the RR.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #589
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
The guy who stopped the attack said they did grab the wife and pulled her out if the car.

And to attack a 2yo, seriously doubt that was going to happen.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #590
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
That's because you can't see them behind the wheel
Old 10-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #591
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
If the RR driver had done anything prior to where the video starts to the bikers off, don't you think the bikers would have been quick to point that out to try and justify their actions? There are no reports of anyone getting hit prior to the incidents in the video. So all we have to go off of is what's in the video. And it appears they're pissy that the RR clipped the rear tire of the one biker that brake checked him. Why did they brake check him? Who knows, maybe they were trying to start shutting down the freeway to start their shennanigans? It's pretty irrelevant at this point. It happened, we know it did, and there's no reports of any kind to suggest the bikers had a legitimate reason to want to stop the guy at all.
I keep waiting for the video footage pryor to this all going down. MANY cameras that day and not one second of footage showing the RR driver doing something that provoked them.

I am pretty sure if there was any, it would have been plastered all over the internet for everyone to watch. Nothing.

These heads keep making it shittier for thr average rider to go out on the roads because the average cager doesnt know the distinction between douches like these that go out and just scare the out of people while they are driving with their families and them off.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #592
blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I keep waiting for the video footage pryor to this all going down.

this shows a good 20 seconds more than the others I've seen in this thread prior to the incident. Doesn't seem to show any motorcycles getting clipped. Not sure if it was posted already and I didn't see it...
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #593
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Cruz speaks

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christopher...ry?id=20492179

Quote:
"I never had intentions to slow him down or cause any type of problems," Cruz told ABC News' Dan Harris in his first sit-down interview. "I don't think I feel responsible."
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #594
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Biggest thread Umayer has ever had and can't even claim it.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #595
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
Biggest thread Umayer has ever had and can't even claim it.
!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #596
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

That biker ain't no .
Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #597
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Seems the obvious will stick up for the obvious. The guy got what he asked for. Or he would not have chopped the throttle in front of the moving vehicle. His body language implies that his ego was at fault. Watch how he looks over his right shoulder as if to "mean mug" the rr driver, then instantly maneuvers in front of the rr then shuts the throttle down and looks over his left shoulder as if to say "what now?" Then he gets hit. Funny thing is that you get what you put in and people get what they deserve. Says Kidd rock. I think road rage would be the uninitiated attack by a car upon bike but this is not road rage lol. This is simple. Really nothing to debate.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #598
lb3tx

Bike(s):
ZX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apehanger V View Post
My Dad used to say(still does just not needed as much) "You never know when you're dealing with someone who has a lot less to loose or alot more to protect than you."
Too many CHLs here in Texas to be acting a fool on the road.
lb3tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #599
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb3tx View Post
Too many CHLs here in Texas to be acting a fool on the road.
Don't even need one to be carrying in the car.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #600
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I needed a laugh, thanks.