MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #561
Bigshankhank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
That one?
That guy is an idiot, as the saying goes, "sheep don't run with wolves". As others have pointed out, when I've been on rides that have started this kind of , I bail and head far far away, this guy hung around and the injuries to Jay Meezee are on his head now. Upstanding father right there.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #562
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
That guy is an idiot, as the saying goes, "sheep don't run with wolves". As others have pointed out, when I've been on rides that have started this kind of , I bail and head far far away, this guy hung aroundWho are you talking about? and the injuries to Jay Meezee are on his head now. Upstanding father right there.
The way I read it that guy wasn't there, he was just quoted for the story.....

Quote:
Dennis Cardwell, who started a mass ride in Missouri called Ride of the Century several years ago, says hes no longer associated with the ride, in part because the numbers and behavior spiraled out of control.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #563
Bigshankhank

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
The way I read it that guy wasn't there, he was just quoted for the story.....

Ah, I stand corrected, I mistakenly thought he was part of the Hollywood Stuntaz.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #564
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
Ah, I stand corrected, I mistakenly thought he was part of the Hollywood Stuntaz.

I was confused as for a second there.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #565
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

yup also my bad. they should have placed that by the section he was already in. not after
Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #566
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Wait...remeber first is was the mieses was trying to help the rider that was bumped....

and now it's
Quote:
Gloria Allred, Mieses' attorney, says he was trying to "calm people down" and "get everyone to move on and go back to riding" when the SUV hit him on Sunday.

"He was attempting to defuse the situation," she said. "He turned his back to the SUV to start walking back to his own bike. It was then, with his back to the SUV and he was in front of it, that he was run over and crushed."
...and of course his attorney is claiming his license status doesn't matter because he was not on the bike and applicable to him as a 'victim'.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #567
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

How does his wife know what happened. He is in a coma
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #568
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Wait...remeber first is was the mieses was trying to help the rider that was bumped....

and now it's

...and of course his attorney is claiming his license status doesn't matter because he was not on the bike and applicable to him as a 'victim'.
the bright spot in all of this is that it will be hard to find a local jury to feel sympathetic when they see the whole story. I am sure the majority of the people are plenty tired of those dudes and it will reflect in the end.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #569
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
You would be following Lady Gaga
Haha

Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #570
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Wow, undercover cop was there at the beating

http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/underco...kers-beat-dad/
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #571
Fastola
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #572
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Too soon?

47A28D4B AB6C 4759 BE6D D114DED7D62E 3033 0000012111095A4F zps2780548a
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #573
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

The rider that pulled the door of the Range Rover open before it sped away turned himself in.

Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #574
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Wow, undercover cop was there at the beating

http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/underco...kers-beat-dad/

Meaningless. They have done worse.
http://gothamist.com/2013/01/27/city...pecial_dut.php

No police have to ever help you. Just cause there is a cop standing there as you're being attacked means absolutely notheng. He can and will watch you get seriously hurt or killed.

Its up to yourself to protect yourself. NYC will not allow you to own a gun and they also will argue til the cows come home that they have absolutely zero obligation to EVER protect one citizen.

But they will quickly show up to make arrests and add another one to their arrest record.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #575
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

so the riders were messing w/ the wife at the final stop

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...o-nyc.cnn.html
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #576
green600
HG Chairperson

Trackdays: 1

Bikers are now attacking other range rovers.

http://i.imgur.com/N6CATJQ.gif

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #577
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
If these families would just stay out of the way non of this would have happened. Those riders were just having a good time
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post

stunters
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #578
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

The story gets thicker....duh duh DUUUUUUH!
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018

Biker formally charged in SUV incident

NEW YORK (WABC) -- The biker seen on-camera using his helmet to smash in the driver's side window of the vehicle was formally charged Saturday night.

Police say 37-year-old Reginald Chance of Brooklyn used his helmet to smash the driver's side window of the Range Rover last Sunday. He is being charged with assault and criminal mischief.

Earlier, Eyewitness News learned that among the bikers on the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was present at the time of the confrontation.

The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.

On Saturday, police released photos of another suspect they want to speak to about his possible involvement in the incident.

Earlier Friday, the biker who allegedly opened the SUV's door at one point during the chase was taken into custody.

35-year-old Robert Sims, who grabbed the SUV's door at 5:05 seconds into the YouTube video, surrendered to police in Brooklyn, and was arraigned on Saturday.

Sims, a union electrician from Brooklyn, stood before a Manhattan judge, who set bond at $100,000. Sims is also being charged with assault among other things. Investigators say he tried to open the Range Rover's door as driver, Alexian Lien fled from bikers.

Sims' lawyer, Luther Williams, says his client did nothing illegal, and that prosecutors are haphazardly charging as many bikers as possible, hoping something will stick.

"It appears to be they're trying to indict everyone as doing something illegal, and I think that's unfair, said Williams.

In the meantime, the increasingly complex investigation continues. Police say an undercover narcotics detective has been stripped of his gun and badge after allegedly witnessing the assault and not reporting it. Sources say he didn't get involved because he didn't want his cover blown.

At least four other off-duty NYPD and Corrections Officers may have also been present.

The undercover detective is now on desk duty.

It is not clear when Reginald Chance will be arraigned. Police say there will be likely others arrested and charged in this case.

Detectives are also looking at about a half dozen other bikers who may have had a role in the assault of the driver. Some have already been interviewed by investigators after being identified by video and photographs that have been coming in. Investigators are interviewing as many motorcyclists as possible to determine their roles before filing charges.

"This is a complex investigation with a lot of people involved," a source said.

Dayana Mejia cried during a press conference in New York City. Mejia says her partner and a biker left paralyzed in the confrontation, 32-year-old Edwin Mieses Jr., is an adoring father to the couple's two children.

"I love him so much it tears me up that anyone could think that Edwin in any way deserves what happened to him," she said.

Mejia says the people who participated in the motorcycle ride are "not thugs."

Gloria Allred, Mieses' attorney, says he was trying to "calm people down" when the SUV hit him on Sunday.

Video shows the SUV surrounded by dozens of helmeted riders. The driver, Alexian Lien, drove through the crowd and struck Mieses.

Police want to speak with two bystanders about what happened, and they have released images of the witnesses.

Everything started when the Range Rover bumped a biker on the Henry Hudson Parkway. As motorcyclists gathered around Lien's vehicle, he took off, running over Edwin Mieses and sparking the chase and vicious assault that followed.

Bikers insist that Lien was the aggressor.

"He drove erratically and bumped the bike on the side," one biker said. "When he bumped that bike on the side, that bike became aggressive because his life was in danger."

Lien's wife, Rosalyn Ng, explained why her husband fled the scene and inadvertently drove over Mieses, saying their lives were put in grave danger.

"We were faced with a life-threatening situation, and my husband was forced under the circumstances to take the actions that he did in order to protect the lives of our entire family," Ng said.

She said her family's sympathies went out to Mieses, who broke both legs and suffered spinal injuries that may leave him paralyzed, but said there was no other option than to flee.

"Our fear for our lives was confirmed when the incident ended with the ruthless and brutal attack on my husband, me, and, most importantly, our 2-year-old child," Ng said. "We know in our hearts that we could not have done anything differently, and we believe that anyone faced with this sort of grave danger would have taken the same course of action in order to protect their family."

The biker involved in the initial accident, Christopher Cruz, is charged with reckless driving and unlawful imprisonment. Prosecutors served notice that they intend to take the case against Cruz to a grand jury, a sign that more serious charges are likely.

A second suspect, Allen Edwards, 42, of Jamaica, Queens, surrendered to police at the 33rd Precinct Tuesday night. It is believed he is the man who punched the rear window of the SUV with his fists at the end of the video.

He was held and questioned, and police initially said he would be charged with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and menacing. But the office declined to prosecute at this time, pending further investigation of the entire incident.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #579
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post

I have to say...
DAYUM! thats not at all anything like I was expecting to see

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #580
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold