MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #421
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
i just stated i dont think anyones in the right.. i just think being ran over and paralyzed because someone got scared is no reason to get away with it
so sitting there with your kid strapped in a car seat, wife in the front, surrounded by 20+ bikersapproaching your vehicle and ultimately start beating windows, etc = just stay put until help arrives. GTFO here. This dude did what he needed to do in that very moment to get he and his family to safety....

you either A- don't have kids or wife
B-think Mob mentality is ok
C-just plain dumb as a rock

The day that I need to pull my gun on someone and shoot (or in this case, dropping it in OD and running folks over) will be a FAST decision. I bet Mr. RR driver isn't sitting here today thinking.... I should have just stopped. Forget that, do what you need to do and figure out the BS later....

Did I hear you say NYPD has filed charges against the driver. Nope. and for good reason. Troll on! I'm out.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #422
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
so sitting there with your kid strapped in a car seat, wife in the front, surrounded by 20+ bikers = just stay put until help arrives. GTFO here. This dude did what he needed to do in that very moment to get he and his family to safety....

you either A- don't have kids or wife
B-think Mob mentality is ok
C-just plain dumb as a rock

The day that I need to pull my gun on someone and shoot (or in this case, dropping it in OD and running folks over) will be a FAST decision. I bet Mr. RR driver isn't sitting here today thinking.... I should have just stopped. Forget that, do what you need to do and figure out the BS later....

Did I hear you say NYPD has filed charges against the driver. Nope. and for good reason. Troll on! I'm out.

so what he did would still be justified if his family wasnt in the car?
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #423
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
i just stated i dont think anyones in the right.. i just think being ran over and paralyzed because someone got scared is no reason to get away with it
The other riders that attacked the Range Rover should be held responsible for getting their buddy run over, but he was a dumbass for using his bike and body to block a SUV
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #424
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
so what he did would still be justified if his family wasnt in the car?
in my perspective....absolutely. alone, with a kid, without a kid, with a van full of Mexicans....I don't care. You surround me and my vehicle and threaten my safety, I'm getting the out of the situation no matter the consequences. done. fo real.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #425
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..
 
lisiecki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,084

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
so what he did would still be justified if his family wasnt in the car?
What does that have to do with anything?
__________________
"DON'T START VAST PROJECTS WITH HALF VAST IDEAS."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #426
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
i dont see anyone attacking the truck when they first stop it but ok
Then why did the SUV stop at all in the first place, just so he could run over bikes?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #427
bentgixxer
Senior Member
 
bentgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,894

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring








Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
in my perspective....absolutely. alone, with a kid, without a kid, with a van full of Mexicans....I don't care. You surround me and my vehicle and threaten my safety, I'm getting the out of the situation no matter the consequences. done. fo real.

ditto
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
We need a subforum for bentgixxer's threads alone.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #428
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Then why did the SUV stop at all in the first place, just so he could run over bikes?
so why did the bikes stop the range rover? . they picked one vehicle out and decided to with him? . its the same over and over..
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #429
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..
 
lisiecki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,084

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
so why did the bikes stop the range rover? . they picked one vehicle out and decided to with him? . its the same over and over..
That's a good question, why did they stop the range rover?
__________________
"DON'T START VAST PROJECTS WITH HALF VAST IDEAS."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #430
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
so why did the bikes stop the range rover? . they picked one vehicle out and decided to with him? . its the same over and over..
They stopped him because the brake checker probably crashed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #431
bentgixxer
Senior Member
 
bentgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,894

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring








Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
so why did the bikes stop the range rover? . they picked one vehicle out and decided to with him? . its the same over and over..
the bikes attempted to stop him because THEY wanted to be FUCKTARDS closing down a highway.

then they brake checked him forcing a stop, then surrounded his vehicle with what appears to be about 30 people.

how in the do you think any of their actions are ok?



why are you stuck on this picking out a vehicle , essentially they did, because he was the last vehicle in the " front " and they wanted to stop traffic.

was it because it was a black RR as you keep implying, no, they did it because they are douchebagfucktards!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
We need a subforum for bentgixxer's threads alone.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #432
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
They stopped him because the brake checker probably crashed.
he didn't crash. .
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #433
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
he didn't crash. .
Then they had no reason whatsoever to stop the SUV
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #434
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer View Post
the bikes attempted to stop him because THEY wanted to be FUCKTARDS closing down a highway.

then they brake checked him forcing a stop, then surrounded his vehicle with what appears to be about 30 people.

how in the do you think any of their actions are ok?

lol .. ill just keep saying over and over that i dont agree with there actions.. i disagree with people saying the guy had the right to mow the bikes down because he was "scared"
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #435
bentgixxer
Senior Member
 
bentgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,894

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring








Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
lol .. ill just keep saying over and over that i dont agree with there actions.. i disagree with people saying the guy had the right to mow the bikes down because he was "scared"




thats just laughable, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
We need a subforum for bentgixxer's threads alone.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #436
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
lol .. ill just keep saying over and over that i dont agree with there actions.. i disagree with people saying the guy had the right to mow the bikes down because he was "scared"
So if you're being attacked you don't have the right to flee?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #437
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So if you're being attacked you don't have the right to flee?
noone attacked him till he mowed over motorcycles..
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #438
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..
 
lisiecki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,084

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
noone attacked him till he mowed over motorcycles..
Not true.
__________________
"DON'T START VAST PROJECTS WITH HALF VAST IDEAS."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #439
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
lol .. ill just keep saying over and over that i dont agree with there actions.. i disagree with people saying the guy had the right to mow the bikes down because he was "scared"
so if someone breaks into your house and have guns you will just sit there and let them do whatever they want


hmmm



yup i pulled a left field comment out of my like you are.
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #440
KevinCgp
Member
 
KevinCgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 42


Bike(s):
F4i , Trex









Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
Not true.
enlighten me
KevinCgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy