MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #321
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

attachmentphp?attachmentid229453&ampd1380662072&ampthumb1
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #322
CGarcia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
96 GSX600F
06 DRZ400sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
Well, I've seen the video. Finally. What I can't help thinking, is what happened in the minutes prior to the video? Something had to have happened to set this whole thing in motion. I need to have the whole video to form a conclusion. Not this incomplete clip. Now before I ask some simple questions, from what I see the riders were riding like in the vid. But I also attribute some of that to them trying to chase down this Land Rover.

now:

1) IF on a group ride, an SUV hits a rider, and then takes off, you mean to tell me that some of you would not pursue said suv?

2) IF on a group ride, what would make you angry enough to pull a cager out of his car and beat him down?

Me personally, if a cager hits a bike on a group ride and takes off, I would be on the phone with 911 on my bluetooth helmet while in pursuit. Would I pull him out out of the car? Maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the severity of the collision and well, lets face it, this is Texas and I like to not have holes in me, or in my case, put holes in someone else.

Everyone is going nuts because he had his wife and kid with him. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched, and they had every opportunity to do so. That clues me in that there is alot more to this story than what the biased media is putting out.

There is not enough evidence here for me to side with one side or another. For me it all depends on what happened in those minutes prior to the video. We all know what happened after it, but not before. If the rover was just minding his own business and the riders just started , then yeah, they need to round them all up. IF the range committed a hit and run prior to the video, especially one resulting in injury, the riders had every right to pursue the vehicle. Where I draw the line is pulling the driver out of the vehicle and beating him to a pulp. They should have kept eyes on him and kept police in the loop of where he was. Both the riders and the Rover driver should be charged IMO.
This sounds just like some people who do not believe that a dog will sometimes maul a child without any provocation. "He must have done something to the dog, for it to bite his face off".
CGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #323
KTMRC8
MTLDRUMMER

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
KTM RC8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
attachmentphp?attachmentid229453&ampd1380662072&ampthumb1

so wrong, but so feaking funny.....
KTMRC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #324
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apehanger V View Post
Perhaps I should type SSLLOWWER. The portion of the video we have seen is enough to show the bikers in the wrong on nearly every level. Do you really think the he would post them beating the guy down after they pull him from the RR or how they were breaking every traffic law prior to the incident? Trust me, the full vid will NOT be a help to the biker casue.

I didn't say or even suggest what you would or wouldn't do. I gave a scenario but for the sake or argument you may substitute the word "one" in place of the "you" 's if it makes you feel less conflicted.

I guess common sense ain't so common.

Personal attacks aside, there was footage and pictures of the scene after the video cuts off. Those definitely don't help the cause. Regardless of whether it shows the riders to be at fault or not, the before video should gives us the whole picture of whether there was an incident before that is not on camera supposedly.

I don't mind debating with you, but getting emotional and all that garbage kinda makes it moot.

Im just the crowd that likes to have all the facts before picking sides based on assumptions.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #325
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGarcia View Post
This sounds just like some people who do not believe that a dog will sometimes maul a child without any provocation. "He must have done something to the dog, for it to bite his face off".
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #326
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Squished guy:

Quote:
Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driverís license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learnerís permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaL/story.html
that's a of a stand up citizen right there!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #327
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

a better link than the broken boston globe one:
http://www.ibtimes.com/bikers-attack...deo-goes-viral
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #328
KTMRC8
MTLDRUMMER

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
KTM RC8R

I am surprised everyone is still debating about this. If you go to the facebook page that the jackholes family put up for him you can read some posts from people that were messed with by the same bikers. I posted one of the ladies quotes from that page yesterday. They were brake checking other people just to start .

I hate to see anyone suffer like that, and it sucks he will never walk again, but it was his fault for getting involved in the whole situation....
KTMRC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #329
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
the before video should gives us the whole picture of whether there was an incident before that is not on camera supposedly.
You realize that the guy with the camera can post all the video he shot on youtube, right?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #330
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
Squished guy:

Quote:
Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaL/story.html
See in the end it all works out. He shouldn't have been on a bike, or the road and now that won't happen anymore. Sad it came to this, but it really will work out for the best. Like I said, this sport is a self weeding garden.

Last edited by Apehanger V; 10-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Apehanger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #331
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Im just the crowd that likes to have all the facts before picking sides based on assumptions.
The guy on the bike brake-checked the RR. Does it matter what happened before that? Nothing gives you the right to pull in front of someone then slam on your brakes.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #332
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
I can say this, I usually carry an ar-15 and 230 rds of ammo in either my car or my 4x4, when I am driving in Houston. This is in addition to my CHL pistol and the pistol and extra mags in the BOB. Why? It started when HPD and HSCO did not interdict Q10s blockade offa highway after the Zimmerman verdict. That made it clear that we, as drivers, are on our own in Houston. I know, it's a lot, but my life is worth it and it doesn't take long to toss it in the truck.

If a bunch of anyone, bikers, jeep club posse, Porsche boxster fan club or my little pony BRONY club members did this to me, especially while I was traveling with my wife and kids, there would have been a lot more bodies.

If I was in the 4x4 and got trapped in traffic, I would have reversed over the group in back and kept going in 4 lo with locked differentials until I was away from the threat.

If I was in my small car and trapped, the shooting would have started when they tried to open the door and beat on the window with the helmets.

If they were able to knock my window out, there would have been a sea of red and lots of dead bodies.

These guys that pulled this stunt, the stunta's or whatever they were, would have had a very different reception in Texas and if they picked me to pull this on.

The fact is, you have NO idea who you are dealing with on the freeway or what their. MIndset is. Or what their skillset is or what tools they have to reduce the threat.

If I am in my 4x4 . . . I have one of a weapon and I will use it. Unfortunately, that RR driver didn't reverse and back over that mob and extricate himself from the situation. He failed to use his number one asset. Even if he couldn't go far, he had them trapped just as much as they had him trapped.

I would have had some entertainment chasing that mob around the hole in traffic they made before they got me out of that truck.

Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #333
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

NYC is now starting to drop charges against bikers as more information is coming in.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #334
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Link?
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #335
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
and NOT a facebook link.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #336
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Charges against the 42 year old that Ed said needed to grow up.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Ch...z/-/index.html
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #337
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/da-wont...n-suv-beating/

Quote:
The Manhattan DA’s office won’t press charges against one of the motorcycle thugs who allegedly terrorized and beat a man after a wild chase on the West Side Highway, and is reluctant to prosecute another, sources said Wednesday.

Allen Edwards, 43, of Queens, who allegedly smashed in Alexian Lien’s rear driver’s side window with his fist, surrendered to cops Tuesday morning but will not be charged, the sources said.

“The DA declined to prosecute. Look at [The Post’s] front page [Tuesday]. He’s there on the motorcycle right next to [Lien] after he got his kicked,” an angry law enforcement source said.

Video shows Edwards pummeling the rear window of Lien’s Range Rover, near where his toddler daughter was belted into a child seat, and Lien on the ground with Edwards next to him.

Another source said prosecutors were reluctant to charge a second biker, Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., who brake-checked the SUV so the bikes could take over the road.

But they relented because of pressure from the NYPD and widespread publicity about the case, and Cruz was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and reckless driving.

“The case is weak. It was too early to tell if he committed the crimes he was charged with. It needed much more investigation,” the second source said.

Manhattan DA Cy Vance’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the case.

Police, meanwhile, are zeroing in on two other suspects, including the one who slashed Lien, sending him to the hospital for stitches.

“They’re trying to ID two of the guys. One of them is the main guy. He’s the one that assaulted the victim. On the video, he was wearing the chrome helmet that has a logo of a bird,” a third source said.
^ does not match
Quote:
NYC is now starting to drop charges against bikers as more information is coming in.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #338
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

How does it not match they dropped charges until they get more information...
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #339
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
How does it not match they dropped charges until they get more information...
Confused?

Quote:
Still confused?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #340
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Charges against the 42 year old that Ed said needed to grow up.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Ch...z/-/index.html
I think your previous statement was a little misleading.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement