MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #301
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
What if two muscle cars needed two lanes to race? You're being pretty inconsiderate.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #302
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
lol. thats assuming he even got that prior incident on video. we don't know that either. lol.
yea and none of the other riders that recorded that day missed it as well
Old 10-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #303
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
What if two muscle cars needed two lanes to race? You're being pretty inconsiderate.
It's true. I feel bad. I will go turn myself in now.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #304
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
We all know beyond a reasonable doubt that it was ALL caught on tape. They just decided to hold on to the incriminating parts. Its kinda natural that they would do so.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #305
madtrini
Recent Convert

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Why, cause rider's never start ?
LOL never said that.

Quote:
Uh, ever hear of menacing? You don't think they were scared when strangers started breaking out windows? Get real
Not falling into your trap again. You have a way trying to make emotional arguments factual, and have a way of twisting words around. Kinda like the media. oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You don't get the luxury of choices and seeing more all the time. Sometimes decisions are made in haste when kids are involved. I can take care if myself, but if my kids are in the car I will run your over or shoot if you appear to be a threat to them
Yeah, I know that, and I have made stupid decisions in the past because of my child in danger. You don't have to explain that one to me. So, i'll reiterate my original point: IF there was a single accident before the vid, and the bikes over reacted and started to attack immediately, then yeah, the got what they deserved. But on the flip side of that, IF the rover never made an attempt to stop after the incident before, then at least a charge for leaving the scene of an accident. But again, those are big IFs.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #306
madtrini
Recent Convert

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
obviously they weren't dumb enough to post it. lol!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #307
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
It's true. I feel bad. I will go turn myself in now.
Indeed you should
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #308
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
We all know beyond a reasonable doubt that it was ALL caught on tape. They just decided to hold on to the incriminating parts. Its kinda natural that they would do so.
fo />
Old 10-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #309
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Not falling into your trap again.
What, the trap of common sense? You know, you're nearly not as smart as you think.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #310
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
when poeple such as your self throw in this little part in a sentence i disregard that and see what you say after.

examples : "not trying to throw anyone under the bus but" better be ready to get thrown under the bus.

"not trying to be a hole but" dudes about to be a hole

"not trying to stereotype but" your just stereotyped

Then let me change my stance, I'll be the that says, just look at the general demographic of the riders in the video, happens time and again.

People also thought these were a bunch of punk kids but it turns out they were a bunch of punk adults.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #311
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
obviously they weren't dumb enough to post it. lol!
bet lol
Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #312
madtrini
Recent Convert

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
What, the trap of common sense? You know, you're nearly not as smart as you think.

okay bevo.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #313
Ninjeff

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600rr
1995 Suzuki GS500e (sold)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (sold)
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (sold)

I watched it a few times.

Look like right after the dude brake checked the RR, and the RR stops, if you watch the video it looks to me like the riders are already trying to open the door and pull him out. Hence he took off. He was already being threatened.

And its in no way the RR's fault the first guy got hit. Look how close he was when he brake checked him!
Ninjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #314
SC-Texas

I can say this, I usually carry an ar-15 and 230 rds of ammo in either my car or my 4x4, when I am driving in Houston. This is in addition to my CHL pistol and the pistol and extra mags in the BOB. Why? It started when HPD and HSCO did not interdict Q10s blockade offa highway after the Zimmerman verdict. That made it clear that we, as drivers, are on our own in Houston. I know, it's a lot, but my life is worth it and it doesn't take long to toss it in the truck.

If a bunch of anyone, bikers, jeep club posse, Porsche boxster fan club or my little pony BRONY club members did this to me, especially while I was traveling with my wife and kids, there would have been a lot more bodies.

If I was in the 4x4 and got trapped in traffic, I would have reversed over the group in back and kept going in 4 lo with locked differentials until I was away from the threat.

If I was in my small car and trapped, the shooting would have started when they tried to open the door and beat on the window with the helmets.

If they were able to knock my window out, there would have been a sea of red and lots of dead bodies.

These guys that pulled this stunt, the stunta's or whatever they were, would have had a very different reception in Texas and if they picked me to pull this on.

The fact is, you have NO idea who you are dealing with on the freeway or what their. MIndset is. Or what their skillset is or what tools they have to reduce the threat.

If I am in my 4x4 . . . I have one of a weapon and I will use it. Unfortunately, that RR driver didn't reverse and back over that mob and extricate himself from the situation. He failed to use his number one asset. Even if he couldn't go far, he had them trapped just as much as they had him trapped.

I would have had some entertainment chasing that mob around the hole in traffic they made before they got me out of that truck.

Last edited by SC-Texas; 10-02-2013 at 09:56 AM.
SC-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #315
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
I watched it a few times.

Look like right after the dude brake checked the RR, and the RR stops, if you watch the video it looks to me like the riders are already trying to open the door and pull him out. Hence he took off. He was already being threatened.

And its in no way the RR's fault the first guy got hit. Look how close he was when he brake checked him!
Get out of here with that common sense . Dont you realize that we didnt see the whole thing so we cant know what happened?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #316
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Suspended license or not, getting merged into, being rear ended, or anything like that is still the other person's fault.
No, there are circumstances that play into that...

If I cut you off and slam on my brakes and you hit me...it's my fault. the 'problem' comes in them proving that I did just that. Well before dashcams became as popular.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #317
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
LOL never said that.

Not falling into your trap again. You have a way trying to make emotional arguments factual, and have a way of twisting words around. Kinda like the media. oh wait...

You don't have to explain that one to me. So, i'll reiterate my original point: IF there was a single accident before the vid, and the bikes over reacted and started to attack immediately, then yeah, the got what they deserved. But on the flip side of that, IF the rover never made an attempt to stop after the incident before, then at least a charge for leaving the scene of an accident. But again, those are big IFs.
What ?!?! Menacing is a crime and it requires no physical contact. Assault is also a crime as is chargeable the moment a reasonable person perceives that they are being threatened. Again this requires no contact. You want to stick to the facts but you also want to speculate on what happened before the facts in evidence in order to potentially justify behavior that will never have any possible justification. You're making my head hurt.

You do know you don't get to beat somone down or vandalise their property for leaving the scene of an accident. You (or I) might want to and a jury might not convict you for it as a crime of passion but its still a crime.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #318
madtrini
Recent Convert

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apehanger V View Post
What ?!?! Menacing is a crime and it requires no physical contact. Assault is also a crime as is chargeable the moment a reasonable person perceives that they are being threatened. Again this requires no contact. You want to stick to the facts but you also want to speculate on what happened before the facts in evidence in order to potentially justify behavior that will never have any possible justification. You're making my head hurt.

You do know you don't get to beat somone down or vandalise their property for leaving the scene of an accident. You (or I) might want to and a jury might not convict you for it as a crime of passion but its still a crime.
I am referring to the portion of video we haven't seen. you're also only picking and choosing parts of my posts to respond to. you're causing your own headache. I already stated I think both sides acted terribly?

Did i say that i would have done what they did? or did you miss my thoughts on that too? yeah. slow down and read again.

but if not we agree to disagree.

Last edited by madtrini; 10-02-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #319
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Squished guy:

Quote:
Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driverís license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learnerís permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaL/story.html
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #320
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
I am referring to the portion of video we haven't seen. you're also only picking and choosing parts of my posts to respond to. you're causing your own headache.

Did i say that i would have done what they did? or did you miss my thoughts on that too? yeah. slow down and read again.
Perhaps I should type SSLLOWWER. The portion of the video we have seen is enough to show the bikers in the wrong on nearly every level. Do you really think the he would post them beating the guy down after they pull him from the RR or how they were breaking every traffic law prior to the incident? Trust me, the full vid will NOT be a help to the biker casue.

I didn't say or even suggest what you would or wouldn't do. I gave a scenario but for the sake or argument you may substitute the word "one" in place of the "you" 's if it makes you feel less conflicted.

I guess common sense ain't so common.

Advertisement