MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #281
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,476












Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Not to stereotype but look at the general demographic of the riders in this video footage and others where riders act like and you might see a connection. Just saying.
when poeple such as your self throw in this little part in a sentence i disregard that and see what you say after.

examples : "not trying to throw anyone under the bus but" better be ready to get thrown under the bus.

"not trying to be a hole but" dudes about to be a hole

"not trying to stereotype but" your just stereotyped

__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #282
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
you dont say


this is my shocked face
aww c'mon don't be that way... You just HAVE to believe his wife and mother about how a nice and wonderful person he is.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #283
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Well, I've seen the video. Finally. What I can't help thinking, is what happened in the minutes prior to the video? Something had to have happened to set this whole thing in motion. I need to have the whole video to form a conclusion. Not this incomplete clip. Now before I ask some simple questions, from what I see the riders were riding like in the vid. But I also attribute some of that to them trying to chase down this Land Rover.

now:

1) IF on a group ride, an SUV hits a rider, and then takes off, you mean to tell me that some of you would not pursue said suv?

2) IF on a group ride, what would make you angry enough to pull a cager out of his car and beat him down?

Me personally, if a cager hits a bike on a group ride and takes off, I would be on the phone with 911 on my bluetooth helmet while in pursuit. Would I pull him out out of the car? Maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the severity of the collision and well, lets face it, this is Texas and I like to not have holes in me, or in my case, put holes in someone else.

Everyone is going nuts because he had his wife and kid with him. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched, and they had every opportunity to do so. That clues me in that there is alot more to this story than what the biased media is putting out.

There is not enough evidence here for me to side with one side or another. For me it all depends on what happened in those minutes prior to the video. We all know what happened after it, but not before. If the rover was just minding his own business and the riders just started , then yeah, they need to round them all up. IF the range committed a hit and run prior to the video, especially one resulting in injury, the riders had every right to pursue the vehicle. Where I draw the line is pulling the driver out of the vehicle and beating him to a pulp. They should have kept eyes on him and kept police in the loop of where he was. Both the riders and the Rover driver should be charged IMO.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #284
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,476












Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
me too, brotherhood , smotherhood.....those guys were riding like , they were reported numerous times blah blah blah....
not once, in my life of bike riding with some rough mofos at times, NOT ONCE did anyone in our group/groups ever act like that, NEVER rode like that...NEVER.

for some weird reason, when the crotch rocket guys get together for a ride, it always seems to have videos showing guys riding like and just in general acting like they own the roads, how come that is?
the culture....the age bracket.....what they see on some stunt vids

i cant stand that and would have 4x4'd the heck out of the lot of them to keep me and mines safe
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #285
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,476












Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
Well, I've seen the video. Finally. What I can't help thinking, is what happened in the minutes prior to the video? Something had to have happened to set this whole thing in motion. I need to have the whole video to form a conclusion. Not this incomplete clip. Now before I ask some simple questions, from what I see the riders were riding like in the vid. But I also attribute some of that to them trying to chase down this Land Rover.

now:

1) IF on a group ride, an SUV hits a rider, and then takes off, you mean to tell me that some of you would not pursue said suv?

2) IF on a group ride, what would make you angry enough to pull a cager out of his car and beat him down?

Me personally, if a cager hits a bike on a group ride and takes off, I would be on the phone with 911 on my bluetooth helmet while in pursuit. Would I pull him out out of the car? Maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the severity of the collision and well, lets face it, this is Texas and I like to not have holes in me, or in my case, put holes in someone else.

Everyone is going nuts because he had his wife and kid with him. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched, and they had every opportunity to do so. That clues me in that there is alot more to this story than what the biased media is putting out.

There is not enough evidence here for me to side with one side or another. For me it all depends on what happened in those minutes prior to the video. We all know what happened after it, but not before. If the rover was just minding his own business and the riders just started , then yeah, they need to round them all up. IF the range committed a hit and run prior to the video, especially one resulting in injury, the riders had every right to pursue the vehicle. Where I draw the line is pulling the driver out of the vehicle and beating him to a pulp. They should have kept eyes on him and kept police in the loop of where he was. Both the riders and the Rover driver should be charged IMO.
well given what's evidenced in the videos this guy probably accidently hit them while they were engaged in their tom foolery. which to be honest isn't his fault. if the guys were on suspended license and not supposed to be riding them especially them because they werent even supposed to be on the road........
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #286
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,386

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
Well, I've seen the video. Finally. What I can't help thinking, is what happened in the minutes prior to the video? Something had to have happened to set this whole thing in motion. I need to have the whole video to form a conclusion. Not this incomplete clip. Now before I ask some simple questions, from what I see the riders were riding like in the vid. But I also attribute some of that to them trying to chase down this Land Rover.

now:

1) IF on a group ride, an SUV hits a rider, and then takes off, you mean to tell me that some of you would not pursue said suv?

2) IF on a group ride, what would make you angry enough to pull a cager out of his car and beat him down?

Me personally, if a cager hits a bike on a group ride and takes off, I would be on the phone with 911 on my bluetooth helmet while in pursuit. Would I pull him out out of the car? Maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the severity of the collision and well, lets face it, this is Texas and I like to not have holes in me, or in my case, put holes in someone else.

Everyone is going nuts because he had his wife and kid with him. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched, and they had every opportunity to do so. That clues me in that there is alot more to this story than what the biased media is putting out.

There is not enough evidence here for me to side with one side or another. For me it all depends on what happened in those minutes prior to the video. We all know what happened after it, but not before. If the rover was just minding his own business and the riders just started , then yeah, they need to round them all up. IF the range committed a hit and run prior to the video, especially one resulting in injury, the riders had every right to pursue the vehicle. Where I draw the line is pulling the driver out of the vehicle and beating him to a pulp. They should have kept eyes on him and kept police in the loop of where he was. Both the riders and the Rover driver should be charged IMO.
do you honestly think the rider that posted up the video would actually leave any incriminating video the driver.

come on...
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #287
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
well given what's evidenced in the videos this guy probably accidently hit them while they were engaged in their tom foolery. which to be honest isn't his fault. if the guys were on suspended license and not supposed to be riding them especially them because they werent even supposed to be on the road........
We don't know that for sure. Is it most likely? Sure. But we don't know that.

Suspended license or not, getting merged into, being rear ended, or anything like that is still the other person's fault.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #288
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
Well, I've seen the video. Finally. What I can't help thinking, is what happened in the minutes prior to the video? Something had to have happened to set this whole thing in motion. I need to have the whole video to form a conclusion. Not this incomplete clip. Now before I ask some simple questions, from what I see the riders were riding like in the vid. But I also attribute some of that to them trying to chase down this Land Rover.

now:

1) IF on a group ride, an SUV hits a rider, and then takes off, you mean to tell me that some of you would not pursue said suv?

2) IF on a group ride, what would make you angry enough to pull a cager out of his car and beat him down?

Me personally, if a cager hits a bike on a group ride and takes off, I would be on the phone with 911 on my bluetooth helmet while in pursuit. Would I pull him out out of the car? Maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the severity of the collision and well, lets face it, this is Texas and I like to not have holes in me, or in my case, put holes in someone else.

Everyone is going nuts because he had his wife and kid with him. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched, and they had every opportunity to do so. That clues me in that there is alot more to this story than what the biased media is putting out.

There is not enough evidence here for me to side with one side or another. For me it all depends on what happened in those minutes prior to the video. We all know what happened after it, but not before. If the rover was just minding his own business and the riders just started , then yeah, they need to round them all up. IF the range committed a hit and run prior to the video, especially one resulting in injury, the riders had every right to pursue the vehicle. Where I draw the line is pulling the driver out of the vehicle and beating him to a pulp. They should have kept eyes on him and kept police in the loop of where he was. Both the riders and the Rover driver should be charged IMO.
You must have missed the part about the brake check. You also must not have kids if you cant comprehend the issue involving his kid being in the car. You seem to think he was supposed to know they wouldnt be harmed.
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #289
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
do you honestly think the rider that posted up the video would actually leave any incriminating video the driver.

come on...
lol. thats assuming he even got that prior incident on video. we don't know that either. lol.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #290
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
I don't see it mentioned anywhere that the wife or child were touched
Yea, I'm sure they weren't scared shitless
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #291
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You must have missed the part about the brake check. You also must not have kids if you cant comprehend the issue involving his kid being in the car. You seem to think he was supposed to know they wouldnt be harmed.
Wrong again sir. I do have kids, which is why i can see both sides of the coin.


I never condoned the brake checking. I said that something must have happened before that.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #292
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Yea, I'm sure they weren't scared shitless
You're trying to make an emotional play there bud. Lets stick to facts.

But were they physically attacked?
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #293
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
I said that something must have happened before that.
Why, cause rider's never start ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #294
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








You don't get the luxury of choices and seeing more all the time. Sometimes decisions are made in haste when kids are involved. I can take care if myself, but if my kids are in the car I will run your over or shoot if you appear to be a threat to them
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #295
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
You're trying to make an emotional play there bud. Lets stick to facts.

But were they physically attacked?
Uh, ever hear of menacing? You don't think they were scared when strangers started breaking out windows? Get real
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #296
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
What's wrong with riding in a single lane?
Nothing, and on all the smaller two lane roads that's what we were doing. But on a largely unpopulated 4-lane road, it just happened. Plus we needed an extra lane for our scooters to stunt.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #297
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I dont know about yall but I dont need more tape.
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #298
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Plus we needed an extra lane for our scooters to stunt.
What if two muscle cars needed two lanes to race? You're being pretty inconsiderate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #299
BigGun500Mag
SBN Bouncer
 
BigGun500Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 499

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Road King
KX65 Mini


Going Fast, Comfortably






Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
You're trying to make an emotional play there bud. Lets stick to facts.

But were they physically attacked?
Not enough facts to stick to.
__________________
Houston Shooters Talk
BigGun500Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #300
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGun500Mag View Post
Not enough facts to stick to.
The vehicle they were in is WAS. All we really need to know here. You prefer we should have to wait till they are actually touched?
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy