MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you have done? who's at fault?
Biker's fault. 140 72.92%
Range Rover's Fault. 15 7.81%
Boobies. 37 19.27%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #201
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
You idiots are trying to justify a guy running someone over because they were taking up all lanes of traffic?? Have you'll ever seen a critical mass ride ? Charity rides? Would the same apply if someone just ran through a pack of people like that? At the end of the day if you don't like what's going on let the pass.. You try to play hero and run your vehicle through the pack this is what happens
You would be great as Obama's press secretary. You can omit and spin with the best of them.

If you are being ATTACKED and THREATENED, you can do whatever is needed to escape. If some dumb is standing in fornt of your vehicle (on a bike or not), run his over!!!!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Who has or has had a Range Rover? tonyt915 Off Topic 56 01-05-2010 03:49 PM
Fearless or Fair Weather Rider? Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2009 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #202
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Actually it appears the rider who was injured (and it appears worse than reported by the news) was not the arsehat who cut off the driver and initiated the encounter caught in the video.
While still very sad, it doesn't change anything. While I don't think anyone deserves to get hurt, I do believe that we all make bad decisions from time to time that raise the likelyhood of such to nearly unavoidable levels.
He would not have been hit had he not been among that group of riders who attempted to box in the SUV so his buddies could commit assualt and vandalism. He chose to ride with no plate non traffic law follwing no common sense having squids, he chose to try and have the back of an idiot. He chose to stop/park in the middle lane of a three lane freeway. Choose to play stupid games when stupid prizes!

I start every ride from the house alone, felony and injury free and like to fellowhip with other riders. Group rides can be great but if I see cats riding dirty or stupid, I will peel off and ride alone in order to give myself the best possible chance to arrive home the same way I left, injury and felony free.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #203
TheHoneyBadger
The Resident Badger

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

I've kicked mirrors and doors from my bike... And do stupid all the time.

We're all so innocent here.
CMRA Novice #293 I don't care. You'll learn that.
'06 Z750 nekkie/big bars -1/+2, TTR90 big bore, TTR 50 stunt, XR50, XR 100, CR250R, YZ450F
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #204
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoneyBadger View Post

and you're just as bad.... Vandalism is for .
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #205
TheHoneyBadger
The Resident Badger

Meh, it's not vandalism. Typically happens if a car is pushing me off the road or tries to squish me if I'm lane splitting. Not just pointless lash outs
'06 Z750 nekkie/big bars -1/+2, TTR90 big bore, TTR 50 stunt, XR50, XR 100, CR250R, YZ450F
Old 10-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #206
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Whoever mentioned the Gentleman's Ride, we near had an incident like this on Sunday. Probably not exactly the same (our group was MUCH more tame, and generally obeying traffic laws), but pretty close.

While travelling north on Shepherd Dr. approaching 610N, we had a newer Cadillac sedan speed around our group in the far left lane (we were occupying the 3 right lanes out of 4), then cut back through the group across all four lanes to try and turn right. Because he was in the middle of the group he couldn't turn and had to wait out the light anyway. I suppose he was upset, because had the /lunacy to flip off the group. There was one guy about to yank him out of the car for just cutting through and then flipping him off. If he'd hit someone, I don't doubt the Caddy driver would have been confronted a little differently. Pack mentality is a .
So, you encountered a reckless driver.

They cut off a driver and brake checked him.

I see the similarities. It's like lemonade and coffee. You can drink them both.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #207
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Meh, it's not vandalism. Typically happens if a car is pushing me off the road or tries to squish me if I'm lane splitting. Not just pointless lash outs
man, you're killing my efforts at showing peeps what lane splitting is all about.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #208
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apehanger V View Post
While still very sad, it doesn't change anything. While I don't think anyone deserves to get hurt, I do believe that we all make bad decisions from time to time that raise the likelyhood of such to nearly unavoidable levels.
He would not have been hit had he not been among that group of riders who attempted to box in the SUV so his buddies could commit assualt and vandalism. He chose to ride with no plate non traffic law follwing no common sense having squids, he chose to try and have the back of an idiot. He chose to stop/park in the middle lane of a three lane freeway. Choose to play stupid games when stupid prizes!

I start every ride from the house alone, felony and injury free and like to fellowhip with other riders. Group rides can be great but if I see cats riding dirty or stupid, I will peel off and ride alone in order to give myself the best possible chance to arrive home the same way I left, injury and felony free.
I disagree, you threaten anyone's family and you not only deserve to get hurt, you deserve a one way ticket to the morgue.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #209
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Exactly. If you were to cut off an SUV, and purposely slam on your brakes, then he bumped your back tire, you would accept the responsibility, right?

To go postal over a situation HE created was just stupid. I hope he is locked up and raped.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #210
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I agree, was just providing a clarification of facts.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #211
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:

Everyone breaks the law to some point, we all speed, jaywalk, etc.. There is a line that you cross when you do stupid like these did.

Its been said many a time here , play stupid games.....
tejano? Rape me
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #212
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
however, as previously pointed out....he is an adult and chose to participate in this hooliganism. I've been on group rides where I did not feel safe or did not like the mannerisms of said group. I broke off and went home. Little sympathy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
That is a shame, but when you choose to sleep with pigs you get muddy. He put himself in harms way by riding with a group of reckless . This is why cops have such a hard-on for sport bikes. The actions of the few put a stigma on all of us
Quote:
Yep, as pointed out though... he could have left. What irks me, is on the FB the # of people ignoring the other riders part in this and calling for blood/manslaughter charges for the driver of the SuV. It's another...example of simple mob mentality.

Is it the RR's fault, that the rider got injured....yes and no. If the arsehat had not cut him off, if some of the other riders had not taken their seemingly violent actions against the driver/suv when he initially stopped he likely would not have been injured. Thus the onus is the fault of those riders and not the driver.

Tehre's a Fb page 'Justice for Jay meezee'... thinking of creating one 'Justice for Alex' (The Suv Driver).
I think you guys misunderstand what he meant...it's a shame the idiot that started all of this isn't the one that got his dumb run over and injured.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #213
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCgp View Post
Pointless.. Yea I'm sure the first guy trying to stop the rr was just wanting to say hi.. The guy had already clipped another bike before any of that happened
Yeah, the guy clipped the idiot that cut him off and brake checked him. Smart move. Then, as they all came to a stop, other idiots "came to the rescue" and attacked the vehicle. The bikers all got much less than they deserved. Now go be dumb somewhere else.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #214
TheHoneyBadger
The Resident Badger

GTdrivr, I agree. If I'm at fault for instigating then I deal with the consequences. However if I am breaking the law by lane splitting, illegal passing etc but it impacts no one around me I have zero issues firing back if they lash out at me.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #215
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Nope. This site was not a tv channel, it was some low cost website trying to get people to click on it
Apparently they won
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #216
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:

Tehre's a Fb page 'Justice for Jay meezee'... thinking of creating one 'Justice for Alex' (The Suv Driver).
Do it and post a link so I can join it.
tejano? Rape me
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #217
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Do it and post a link so I can join it.
I cant until I get off work & home, if anyone else is inclined though... go for it
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #218
Apehanger V
Try'n 2 Get da Hang of It

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Ninja 300

Quote:

My Dad used to say(still does just not needed as much) "You never know when you're dealing with someone who has a lot less to loose or alot more to protect than you."

Kicking doors and mirros is a good way to get yourself arrested or worse. IJS,

More importantly trying to justify bad behavior just because at some point or another a reasonable person may feel inclinded to engage in such or similar bad behavior doesn't make the bad behavior any less bad, and it is an argument a 3 year old would be expected to make. No one is perfect, but the behavior in the video on the part of the bikers was illegal and indefensible.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #219
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Apparently they won
yup they did
Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #220
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

from one of the articles...
Quote:
Dayana Mieses is now by her husband’s side in a New York hospital and she is furious with Lien.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” said Mieses. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Mieses says her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

The couple has two children, ages 15 and 9.

Mieses works in studio engineering in the music business. Friends call him Jay Meezee. They’ve created a Facebook page for him.

“This is devastating,” Yolanda Santiago, Edwin’s mother, told WBZ-TV Tuesday. “All his ribs are fractured, his lungs are so badly bruised that he’s still on a ventilator.”

Santiago says if the SUV driver had just stopped, things likely would not have gotten out of hand. She doesn’t understand why that driver has not been charged.

“It’s not going to bring my son’s legs back because he won’t walk again,” said Santiago. “But justice has to be served with this gentleman who did this to my son.”
Family trying to blame RR and ignoring the other riders actions in this.

Advertisement