MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

two lane splitting punks on 45s yesterday

If your on here, and I hope you are, I am the guy in the black truck on 45 south yesterday.
I said you were a dumbass because if I wasnt aware of your presence when yall slid on in, I could have smashed the out of you guys. I had my blinker on, I had the slot, I was on the way over and I GAVE up the slot for your two dumbasses. Your lucky your not another moto wreck story.
freaking dumbasses, your part of the reason society is downing sportbikes

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 04-06-2007 at 08:49 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BW8 lane filtering/splitting pics, bumpy ride on lane dividers urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 96 06-30-2016 12:29 PM
Share the lane (lane splitting is not a crime) stickers SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-07-2014 08:30 AM
TX Bill for lane splitting goes to committee (yes, another lane splitting thread) exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-14-2011 05:35 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
AWD
Cruise'n

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Sorry bro. I'll ride better. I promises..
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

not the proper way to split lanes. Lucky they didn't get mangled. Good job Scooter
Old 04-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

should of mangled them and then gave the speech.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Something similar happened to me a while back on Hwy290. I was in the far left lane. I had my blinker on, looked over the shoulder, moved over into the middle lane in front of another car, looked again, moved further over (wanting to take West Rd exit) and all of a sudden, I hear this horn and see a bike to my right passing me at a pretty good speed. He continued on Hwy290 and at a nice clip.

That guy was lucky that I had the sense to swerve back even though that could've easily gotten me in trouble.

Watch traffic, my intentions were clear as I had already moved from one lane into the other and sorry dude, but if a cage shows a blinker, you better not decide to make a pass.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
level5
moving chicane

Most of the folks here are fairly minded and I don't think that it is anyone on here. A Person can learn a lot just to chat on here.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Most of the folks here are fairly minded and I don't think that it is anyone on here. A Person can learn a lot just to chat on here.
Actually, a lot of folks just lurk without being signed on. I think there are more folks out there browsing MH than we think.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
I was in the far left lane. I had my blinker on, looked over the shoulder, moved over into the middle lane in front of another car, looked again, moved further over (wanting to take West Rd exit) and all of a sudden, I hear this horn and see a bike to my right passing me at a pretty good speed. He continued on Hwy290 and at a nice clip.
Watch traffic, my intentions were clear as I had already moved from one lane into the other and sorry dude, but if a cage shows a blinker, you better not decide to make a pass.
I agree from a safety standpoint with you and he should have taken a guess at what you meant to do and played it safer-when I ride in traffic I don't assume much. In his defense as you change lanes you should also be aware of the speed of traffic in the lane you are changing into, regardless of his speed in relation to the posted limit, unless of course he was weaving and also moved into that lane in which case there is almost no way you can have no he was coming.

Sorry you got hit with part of my fast lane speech.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLD
In his defense as you change lanes you should also be aware of the speed of traffic in the lane you are changing into, regardless of his speed in relation to the posted limit, unless of course he was weaving and also moved into that lane in which case there is almost no way you can have no he was coming.

Sorry you got hit with part of my fast lane speech.
and you are right mentioning that. I do recall though that I did look into the rearview mirror before even changing lanes to get a good idea of traffic in general which was fairly light at that time. I never saw the bike and as you probably know, at least for me, there are two things that stick out to me fairly well in traffic: bikes and cops.

About the speed, I was travelling pretty fast myself in the far left lane (much faster than overall traffic) but slowed down once I moved over one lane. If he was going as fast than me, I never saw him next to me to begin with.

Point is, when we drive in a cage, at least I try to be considerate of bikes and riding a bike has already made me a much better driver but sometimes we see the danger other riders get themselves into. Just try to avoid it.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Not to mention he passed on the right...

Of course, from my experience around here, lane usage rules and laws are pretty much ignored.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Not to mention he passed on the right...

Of course, from my experience around here, lane usage rules and laws are pretty much ignored.
Too true!!!! I'd say 90% don't know how to use the freeways...it's irritating as !!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #12
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I believe my favorites are the ones that run in the far left lane till just before their exit (knowing they are getting off, well ahead of time); and then cut a right across 2 or 3 lanes to exit, causing everyone else to check up and accordion to avoid them. That saves them a good couple seconds, don't it?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Most of the folks here are fairly minded

Too bad not all..
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #14
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
Too true!!!! I'd say 90% don't know how to use the freeways...it's irritating as !!
Stick 'em on the Autobahns in Germany and they'd learn real quick!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #15
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
I believe my favorites are the ones that run in the far left lane till just before their exit (knowing they are getting off, well ahead of time); and then cut a right across 2 or 3 lanes to exit, causing everyone else to check up and accordion to avoid them. That saves them a good couple seconds, don't it?
i havent had any of those experiences. at the contrary, everytime im driving my car i hear a bike comming, i see them way before they get close to me

good thing i always have time to give them space to move, but honestly. i always give em chance to change lanes and they even wave back

i hope i never find one of those squids lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
If im moving at a "good clip" in traffic, im always looking for blinkers and going the other way, or ill wait behind them till they move. But I will admit i have split a lane or two, but just do it as safe as possible.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #17
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

WOOPSY DAISY! :confused1
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #18
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I know what you mean, Scooter,
I was on 45 N just got into the lane fro the Beltway West when I saw a bike coming up fast ( I was doing about 75 )
The passes me on the ramp in the emergency lane and takes the curve at about 80-90 mph and passes 4 more cars on the curve of the ramp in the emergency lane and I am thinking this guy is going to hit some dirt or trash and crash his bike. I guess that was a little too much for him too cause he backed off the throttle at the end of the ramp where it connects to the beltway and lined up behind the slower traffic. But he must hve caught his breath at the light cause he started lane splitting through trffic and left everyone at the light. Idiot! Riding by the seat of your pants is fun ( on the track and not on the freeway)
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #19
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #20
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
sorry.. i was feeling like a racer that day =)

j/k

Advertisement