MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
dboi
r1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Do you mean that you only pulled the front plug, or that only the front plug was black...and was it wet or dry?
I pulled just the front for now and it was sitting all day so I doubt itd be wet right ? However it did smell like gas
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Cycle Gear south 9/1 6-9p bike night/bike wash Ilean Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-01-2011 06:49 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #22
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Gutting the exhaust without an ECU flash might throw a code, but I gotta admit that nothing else you're saying makes sense to me. If you were running too lean, you'd have popping on deceleration and powdery white plugs, not black. The kalinging you spoke of is indicative of pre-ignition, but won't be caused by gutting the exhaust. The only thing that remotely makes sense in your situation is an exhaust valve sticking. How many miles do you have on the bike, and have the valves ever been checked?
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
dboi
r1

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Gutting the exhaust without an ECU flash might throw a code, but I gotta admit that nothing else you're saying makes sense to me. If you were running too lean, you'd have popping on deceleration and powdery white plugs, not black. The kalinging you spoke of is indicative of pre-ignition, but won't be caused by gutting the exhaust. The only thing that remotely makes sense in your situation is an exhaust valve sticking. How many miles do you have on the bike, and have the valves ever been checked?
Ya sry for being so confusing im honestly trying my hardest to learn this bike asap lol I wanna ride and not knowing is keeping me from that at the moment the bike had 8300 when I hot it a month ago now its around 9500 but it had head work prior to me buying it and new plugs but we did notice that the shop jipped him on the plugs he gave them ngks and it has auto lights in it now .. lol
Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #24
dboi
r1

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Hey honestly ill bring this bike ppl if any of yall think you can help me locate the problem
Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Take a good flashlight and magnifying glass, and look at the porcelin part of the plug, down at the base. If it is detonating you'll see specs.

Also verify the plugs you get are the correct heat range; sounds like yours may be a tad cold.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement