Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
bluepine
Senior Member
 
bluepine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,255












Short Bike Touring.

Ok ladies,

As many of you know, i just had an amazing bike tour to the Rockies, and completely fell in love of this way of enjoying the freedom to blend in with nature on two wheels, while appreciating and magnifying my love to this Awesome and Amazing Country.
Therefore, as hooked on as i am, i want to squeeze as many opportunities as possible to keep discovering our backyard, and do it with my fellow bros and sis of riderhood.
I know taking a week and a half as i did is practically impossible for many of you, so was thinking of doing something short as a starter. My idea is to do a 2 or 3 days trip to the hill county in November. As there is no CMRA schedule for that month, it will work perfect for me and many others. And the weather will be perfect. I would like to plan, and program the trip with those who are interested, and see where this can take us.
Some of the criterias.
- Any bikes that can endure your body and the trip. Cruising/touring/adventure/sport, etc.
- No out. That is patented by Eric and Frank, and won't touch it even if Eric is in DL. kekeke..
- Itinerary. Will consist of eveyone's idea.
- Lenght of the trip. One weekend 3 days maximum.
- Lodging. Preferably motels so, don't have to waste time with packing tents.
- Destinations. Again up to everyone's idea, and stream down to focus on the ones that will be feasible to fit to the route and timeline. I would love to include: Ride through Navasota, Kodak moment in COTA, some others in Hamilton Pool and other scenic destinations, a Wine testing event at a Vineyard, some eclectic dining destination, and maybe a meet up with Austin Bike group for some group event. May have to contact Anita or Ignacio for this.
Any opinion?
__________________
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluepine & Rhenriksen's Bike Touring bluepine General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 09-18-2013 07:36 PM
The Ultimate Touring Bike pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 08-24-2012 05:36 PM
Touring with the bike. Night at hotels.. ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 01-09-2011 02:55 PM
Looking for a used sport touring bike njay1984 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-17-2007 01:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,316

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





In!
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
bluepine
Senior Member
 
bluepine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,255












Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
In!
As Adam is the connoisseur of the the 3 sisters, he will be the lead rider. Done!!!
__________________
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






In. However you may want to consider Arkansas as an easy 3 day weekend type trip
__________________
BORC wannabe
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,316

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
As Adam is the connoisseur of the the 3 sisters, he will be the lead rider. Done!!!
Would have to be on my XR650R so I can throw the saddlebags on it. And the aprilia has MPG and range.

I want to work up to you guys' Colorado/wyoming trip!
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
bluepine
Senior Member
 
bluepine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,255












Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Would have to be on my XR650R so I can throw the saddlebags on it. And the aprilia has MPG and range.

I want to work up to you guys' Colorado/wyoming trip!
Adam,
That's a great idea for the bike.
gonna plan another trip to the Rockies next year when the weather starts warming up there. We have several months to work on that. So we can discuss that when we meet.
The idea of this trip is to have a safe cruising ride and have everyone come back as they left minus stress. We don't need bikes nor humans hurt (can't affort to waste time to wait for ambulance and towing trucks), no speeding tickets, no deer's blood on our windshields. If some of us must to some spirited ride in the twisties, we can devide the group and re-join at a strategic point, etc.
For the starting point, i already have a location to meet early, have breakfast, and the tires checked and air compressor, tools, and bike-lift ready with bike mechanics to do tech inspection before departing.
__________________
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







this sounds like something I want to do. I have looked at the Texas independence trail as a possible route. just doesn't have enough time in the hillcountry.
__________________
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers
 
Pachuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston (Proper)
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,823

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
I'll be in the hill country Thursday through Sunday if you homos want to come
__________________
Stuntin like Jet Li, boat houses and jet ski's
Pachuco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,569

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









I'm cheating and hitting up red rock canyon

__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
zpooch
Senior Member
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Wyoming
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 938

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 XR650R
2002 Suzuki DRZ 400e
2001 Kawi ZRX1200R
2005 Speed Triple (Traded) 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V (sold)
2000 Monster 900Sie (sold) 2002 RC51 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
In. However you may want to consider Arkansas as an easy 3 day weekend type trip
I just did Arkansas last week. I'd put at least 4 days for that since it'll take you a day of riding to get up there and a day to get back. Maybe a little shorter, I tried to stay off the highways.
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion
 
Neon Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kings Landing
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,221

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Ok ladies,

As many of you know, i just had an amazing bike tour to the Rockies, and completely fell in love of this way of enjoying the freedom to blend in with nature on two wheels, while appreciating and magnifying my love to this Awesome and Amazing Country.
Therefore, as hooked on as i am, i want to squeeze as many opportunities as possible to keep discovering our backyard, and do it with my fellow bros and sis of riderhood.
I know taking a week and a half as i did is practically impossible for many of you, so was thinking of doing something short as a starter. My idea is to do a 2 or 3 days trip to the hill county in November. As there is no CMRA schedule for that month, it will work perfect for me and many others. And the weather will be perfect. I would like to plan, and program the trip with those who are interested, and see where this can take us.
Some of the criterias.
- Any bikes that can endure your body and the trip. Cruising/touring/adventure/sport, etc.
- No out. That is patented by Eric and Frank, and won't touch it even if Eric is in DL. kekeke..
- Itinerary. Will consist of eveyone's idea.
- Lenght of the trip. One weekend 3 days maximum.
- Lodging. Preferably motels so, don't have to waste time with packing tents.
- Destinations. Again up to everyone's idea, and stream down to focus on the ones that will be feasible to fit to the route and timeline. I would love to include: Ride through Navasota, Kodak moment in COTA, some others in Hamilton Pool and other scenic destinations, a Wine testing event at a Vineyard, some eclectic dining destination, and maybe a meet up with Austin Bike group for some group event. May have to contact Anita or Ignacio for this.
Any opinion?

I tour all the time.

http://www.planetreg.com/E4917232230595

Texas Hill Country Rally
October 25-27,2013


When
October 25 - 27, 2013

2013 Texas Hill Country Rally
Y.O. Ranch Resort & Hotel
2033 Sidney Baker Street
Kerrville, TX

Map data 2013 - Terms of Use

Open Map in new window

Already Registered?

Enter your Last Name and Confirmation ID to review your record.

Last Name or Email

ID






Registration Information
Your registration fee Includes:
Discount Lodging at the famous Y.O. Ranch hotel
Ample & safe motorcycle parking near your door,
Friday rider meeting with plenty of complimentary hors d'oeuvres,
Route maps, (Digital & Paper), lunch suggetions, TX DOT maps supplied at check-in,
If you need a Riding Partner, let us know,
Saturday morning complimentary breakfast at Destination Cycles,
Saturday banquet and door prize drawing,
And more ...
__________________
ASSASSINO
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,039

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






Alaska and back (Prudhoe Bay) in 17 days. Do it!
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #13
Kick_Stand
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 15


Bike(s):
ZX-6R









I may be in. I've been wanting to do the three sisters for a while now.
Kick_Stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #14
bluepine
Senior Member
 
bluepine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,255












Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
I tour all the time.

http://www.planetreg.com/E4917232230595

Texas Hill Country Rally
October 25-27,2013


When
October 25 - 27, 2013

2013 Texas Hill Country Rally
Y.O. Ranch Resort & Hotel
2033 Sidney Baker Street
Kerrville, TX

Map data 2013 - Terms of Use

Open Map in new window

Already Registered?

Enter your Last Name and Confirmation ID to review your record.

Last Name or Email

ID






Registration Information
Your registration fee Includes:
Discount Lodging at the famous Y.O. Ranch hotel
Ample & safe motorcycle parking near your door,
Friday rider meeting with plenty of complimentary hors d'oeuvres,
Route maps, (Digital & Paper), lunch suggetions, TX DOT maps supplied at check-in,
If you need a Riding Partner, let us know,
Saturday morning complimentary breakfast at Destination Cycles,
Saturday banquet and door prize drawing,
And more ...
This is an awesome event. Too bad it is a CMRA weekend, and the last race of the season.
__________________
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Sounds like a good idea, but having just done 4,500 miles this summer with two other guys, expect that every extra rider is going to be adding more time spent just waiting: at gas stations, trying to leave in the morning, more bikes to break down, etc.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








I'm disappointed... i thought this thread was gonna be about Grom-Touring.
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
joeybaila
Senior Member
 
joeybaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 2,371

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+


2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....






Rykoson and I are in for this !!!

we just gotta ask Areli and Amanda first
__________________
CMRA # 208 Sponsors
http://www.track-junkie.com,Halffast Group, GnS Racing Transport,Ridesmart, Bridgestone, P1 Race Center, Kpop, Brawp Racing

Last edited by joeybaila; 09-24-2013 at 01:39 PM.
joeybaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
nwall1
...
 
nwall1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,190

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 aprilia shiver 750
2002 cr250 (sold)
2003 rc51 (sold)







The hill country rally is no good I hear. Way to many harleys that you have to try and pass
nwall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
Aggie
In slow, fast out...hmm
 
Aggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 352

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'08 MD250H (track)
'06 NSF100 (sold)
'07 GSXR600 (sold)
'04 R6 (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)






Count me in.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





I'll sign up if I didn't already have a 3Sisters ride earmarked Oct 11-13. We usually do 2 weekend tours each year (Fall + Spring). Plus several day rides throughout the year. Last one was a 600-mile roundtrip to Llano for lunch at Cooper's BBQ, via the finest backroads we could find in between.

We thought about Arkansas and will eventually do one, but that is definitely a minimum 4-day trip. A bit more difficult to coordinate into everybody's busy work/family schedule.

Of all the riding I do, I enjoy sport touring the most. A day of riding "The Pace" through the twisties beat even a day at the track.

I'll check back here if our trip gets drowned out by rain (has happened).
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy