MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
jasonrmoore

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 Honda CBR600F2 - Sold
Dirt - 2008 Yamaha YZ250F - Sold
1991 Suzuki VX800 - rideable project

Absolute Performance bike shop

Wouldnt go there... had a fuel leak i wanted looked at so took bike in for 1 hr/$80. when they called that it was ready I asked about fuel leak. They knew nothing about it except the mechanic had hooked up the hoses. I go to pick it up last night as I had someone interested in buying it, only to have them not give me key. They were cool enough to meet me half way, but still. I start getting into bike today only to realize I am missing all 4 bolts to air cleaner and now have fuel pouring out of there. I asked them if they started bike to confirm and they had said he had jumped it off of solenoid (switch sometimes is flaky) I get it home and battery is dead. Bike had NOT been started. I am in worse condition with this bike then when I went to get it looked at... before I took it in the owner called and offered me on my bike, we couldnt agree so I told him I would bring it in for him to see in person and if he didnt want to buy it I would pay them to see what it would cost but didnt want to be ripped off. He gave me a story of when he was young and how he would never do anything wrong and how fair he was...my bike is a project closer to done than not, but i got ripped off and sponsor or not, think twice before going there. I am not bashing a sponsor just because I want, the above mentioned is true and wanting other members to be careful who the "nice guys" are...
jasonrmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triumph Performance Shop in Houston? CZero Performance and Modifications 21 01-13-2012 08:28 PM
WTF... Absolute Performance... Houstonbussa General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 08-03-2010 07:30 PM
Reviews on Absolute Performance Beanie Chino General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-09-2010 01:58 PM
Performance shop recommendations txferrari Off Topic 21 08-21-2008 09:27 AM
Performance shop? mmbusa123 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-11-2006 04:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

I'm confused with your story telling, but I hope everything works out for you.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
jasonrmoore

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tustah View Post
I'm confused with your story telling, but I hope everything works out for you.
Paid money to assess where fuel leak was. Told needed tune-up pretty much (already knew that) and fluids changed. I got it home to find they hadnt put the bolts back in the air cleaner, leak was not fixed/addressed, was told leak was fixed and bike started to verify-bike battery was dead upon arrival-hadnt been started. Now have worse leak in more places (fuel in air filter, pouring out of somewhere else and dripping on motor. ) The $1,000 tune up and fork seals being replaced was only thing they said was wrong.... again, I took it in for a fuel leak...now worse off than when I started.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bussiness as usual there.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
jasonrmoore

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
Bussiness as usual there.
When I called to complain, I was told they hadn't taken off air cleaner... I didn't even know where the air filter was...(lol)... then got call back to say to bring bike back it i wasn't happy and they would look at it again... thats a waste of time and fuel mileage... for me, a small shop gets one chance to get my business... burn me once, okay, but not twice...
Old 09-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

They have plenty of horror stories and it sounds like you got lucky there.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement