MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
tustah

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

Bar end installation question

Need some advice on getting part #8 (expander) that's stuck inside my handlebar. I ended up pushing that inside my handlebar even more trying to get it out. Here's the picture of the part:

4gkh0m

Next, trying to install motovation bar ends. I purchased new parts (7, 8, and 9) for both sides. Is this the proper way to put the nut/expander/washer in, as sen in this video? he just puts them all together and pushes it in with force. Can't seem to find any directions anywhere on the net.

tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bar end ? Juston General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 08-09-2010 05:30 PM
Universal bar end installation help allthrottle How To's and Q & A's 4 09-12-2009 07:59 PM
To Bar End or Not to Bar End FKNA Performance and Modifications 16 08-29-2008 06:55 AM
Clutch installation question randomwalk101 How To's and Q & A's 1 04-23-2008 04:16 AM
BAR END QUESTION Silver Bullet How To's and Q & A's 4 05-30-2007 06:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
duston98
Duston

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW S1000 RR
HD Dyna Street Bob
KX250F
Pitster Pro X4r
PW50

His directions are pretty accurate... Nothing much more to know that that. If you have trouble getting it in, you can use water with dawn dish soap to help it slide in and then wait for it to dry, then tighten.

As for getting your #8 piece put, I would try getting a bolt that you could screw into it, or a dry wall anchor connected to "all thread" and a pair of channel locks and try to yank it out. I might not have explained that well, but I'm not sure how else to explain it...

Good luck !
duston98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Remove other bar end. Air compressor. Done.

Advertisement