MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #121
dboi
r1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
If you jump off the bike right before you hit the ground and stay on your feet without hurting yourself... You bailed..
If the bike keeps going and comes to a stop upright without a scratch... The bike bailed....
Hahaa now that would be tripped out if the bike bailed lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday, 3 MAY 2015: NOOB Cruise to Chapel Chill for Lunch then 3090 TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 5 05-03-2015 10:01 AM
Galveston Car Cruise Sunday morning j0nathan Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-15-2015 01:37 AM
S SW SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!!!! JUST A CRUISE ROUND TOWN. floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 46 07-22-2012 06:21 AM
Galveston Cruise-Sunday 7/24 Steven08gsxr Events, Meets and Rides 53 07-31-2011 10:56 PM
Who is going to the HPD Galveston cruise on Sunday? SexualChocolate Off Topic 67 03-01-2007 11:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #122
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Owning a bike is like owning a gun.

You have to know your weapon... How to use it safely... How to clean and maintain it....
If you don't ... Somebody is going to get hurt or killed...

My 2 cents... Learn your bike.. Know what components need replaced and checked..

Our group did a very chilled pace... This was the chillest pace of the year..
Everyone crashes... But, crashes due to failure of proper inspection and maintenance is one that can easily be avoided.. Even before the ride I asked everyone if you needed air.. We checked a few tires and went over street tire pressures for commuting v/s back road v/s track. When basic riding skill discussions happen, listen and use the information to improve. Redneckmexican on the 250 got back with me later and said how the throttle control through the corner discussion helped him several times.

Like I always say, street rides are not for testing your limits.. But rather to relax and practice what you learn within your comfort zone...
Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #123
Slash24
Hotrodder

Bike(s):
07' ZX-10r

Quote:
Owning a bike is like owning a gun.

You have to know your weapon... How to use it safely... How to clean and maintain it....
If you don't ... Somebody is going to get hurt or killed...

My 2 cents... Learn your bike.. Know what components need replaced and checked..

Like I always say, street rides are not for testing your limits.. But rather to relax and practice what you learn within your comfort zone...
Well said Jimrad
Slash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #124
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

I miss rides. Y'all need to shoot me a pm sometimes guys! Just need to swap back to stock gearing instead of stunt lol
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #125
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
I miss rides. Y'all need to shoot me a pm sometimes guys! Just need to swap back to stock gearing instead of stunt lol
Wow! Stunt gearing? You been stunting your 250? Any videos? Glad to know you are back on 2 wheels. We missed you.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #126
Copperhead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
Okieee.. get over urself. Everything u wrote trying to redeem urself didnt work.
Ur cursed. Everytime u ride something bad happens. Ur so blind to see ppl r just nice but they honestly don't want u near them either n wonder why the heck do u approach them to talk. Dont u get the slightest hint ur unwanted? Its unfortunate i have to s.p.e.l.l. it out for u.

Get ur together. Be mindful of others esp when ur on a 250 n UNSKILLED. Guys were dumbfounded, wondering why were u trying to lead the pack. Holding back 6 out of 10 riders.
Viffer, our ride leader. .was my "buddy". I always ride next to him n we trade off so dont even speak about something u dont know. When he steps left, i step right, thats how close he and i are.

Cry over u? Pls, ur pitiful. We all wait around because we adore jimrad. Lucky for u, his mission is leave no man behind.

Btw, talks of banning u from rides was brought up. Ur just too much of a liability.
Here we go with more assumptions. I wasn't trying to lead I was waiting for people to pass me. I like to be in the middle to the back but people get behind me so I like to wave them by. I don't want to be in the front. That you said made zero sense.

I approach people to talk? I don't actually. I park my bike in isolation and play on my phone, text, sleep on the bike if I can. I don't talk to anyone except those who approach me. You have more swings and misses than the Astros.

Get my together? Sounds fair to say. I'm pretty mindful hence I insisted on people passing me even when they get in behind me. I'm on a 250 so I'm a sitting duck on the straights. What you and Viffer do is fine but knowing that you really don't know anything because you don't see anything. You shouldn't talk. Again, the bike fell and was put back on the road and started to run when he came back. I told him and others to leave and leave me to it. If you want to wait then that's fine but don't cry about it when you're waiting on your own volition.

Ban me if you like but I've only done 3 or 4 rides that is a knee jerk reaction. If I was truly a liability then I should have really totaled it. I ride way more by myself or with faster people and I've never crashed and I hang with them quite well until they get on the straight. I only ride with you guys to learn the roads which I don't know. I break off and ride on my own when I have an idea of where I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
No wrecking is wrecking, bailing = wrecking, dropping = wrecking

Kids trying to place blame on everybody but themselves
I don't have such a broad view of things. If a bicycle falls over then it fell over not wrecked. Motorcycles aren't any different in that regard. Where have I blamed it on anyone but myself? Part of riding is knowing your bike and knowing whether it was in fine enough condition. I failed. I didn't place blame on anyone but me. You're seeing .
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
I forgot what he blamed his first wreck on. I think the gravel.
The road, the air, the sun.... who knows.
Yep, the gravel made the rear tire break loose and I wasn't good enough to recover. I blamed myself then and I still blame myself now. I wasn't good enough to save it.

Quote:
Copperhead, bottom line is you are not ready for a moderate or spirited pace ride. I strongly recommend a few track days and learn some basic bike maintenance... the tire issue was pretty clear...you only had 20 psi when we checked after the crash..your tires were squared off. You are lucky no vehicles were coming in the opp lane and you were going pretty slow. Keep an open mind if you want to learn.

http://youtu.be/H4CFxdFb68o
I haven't done a track day school session but I've been able to do laps on ECR and Austin Park. I get what you mean though and track days are definitely on the agenda. I know I'm ready for spirited and moderate riding. If you only saw me by myself. I don't take it easy when I'm alone. If I wasn't then I wouldn't make it on a consistent basis on my individual rides and when I ride the 3 Sisters in the Hill Country and RGV. I've been unlucky on these rides with you guys but you're judging me on very small sample size.

Also, I know basic bike maintenance. I know a lot of maintenance. I work on my bike all of the time. I know about what I should do with the tires but I was blatantly disregarding them. I made the mistake of just saying they were ok so I can continue to screw around on my phone. I place blame on myself and myself alone as I could have prevented this. That's what people don't get. I have a very open mind and I want to get better as I need to. I like when someone can pull me aside and tell me that I can go faster in this corner or that I can lean harder etc.... That's why I run with the boys from RGV and from the HC. They gave me pointers and invited me to ride with them and improve. I have significantly.

I admit when I up and I did yesterday. If I was truly as bad as they people want to believe then considering the amount of spirited riding that I do (at least once a week). I would have been totaled it. Btw, Jim my mechanic confirmed my guess that it was the tires and it was an avoidable situation if I addressed them before riding. When I set off to ride with those tires, I was past the point of no return so to speak. I was lucky no car was coming. The bike was going less than 20 mph.

P.S. I had an IDGAF attitude about my bike's condition prior to the ride and it was an inconvenience to everyone. My bad and if anyone is still mad about it. I'll buy a round for you at the Central Meet. Fair enough?
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #127
david75

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
1999 KTM LC4 640
2005 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
2003 Honda CB 919 Hornet (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Here we go with more assumptions. I wasn't trying to lead I was waiting for people to pass me. I like to be in the middle to the back but people get behind me so I like to wave them by. I don't want to be in the front. That you said made zero sense.

I approach people to talk? I don't actually. I park my bike in isolation and play on my phone, text, sleep on the bike if I can. I don't talk to anyone except those who approach me. You have more swings and misses than the Astros.

Get my together? Sounds fair to say. I'm pretty mindful hence I insisted on people passing me even when they get in behind me. I'm on a 250 so I'm a sitting duck on the straights. What you and Viffer do is fine but knowing that you really don't know anything because you don't see anything. You shouldn't talk. Again, the bike fell and was put back on the road and started to run when he came back. I told him and others to leave and leave me to it. If you want to wait then that's fine but don't cry about it when you're waiting on your own volition.

Ban me if you like but I've only done 3 or 4 rides that is a knee jerk reaction. If I was truly a liability then I should have really totaled it. I ride way more by myself or with faster people and I've never crashed and I hang with them quite well until they get on the straight. I only ride with you guys to learn the roads which I don't know. I break off and ride on my own when I have an idea of where I am.

I don't have such a broad view of things. If a bicycle falls over then it fell over not wrecked. Motorcycles aren't any different in that regard. Where have I blamed it on anyone but myself? Part of riding is knowing your bike and knowing whether it was in fine enough condition. I failed. I didn't place blame on anyone but me. You're seeing .

Yep, the gravel made the rear tire break loose and I wasn't good enough to recover. I blamed myself then and I still blame myself now. I wasn't good enough to save it.

I haven't done a track day school session but I've been able to do laps on ECR and Austin Park. I get what you mean though and track days are definitely on the agenda. I know I'm ready for spirited and moderate riding. If you only saw me by myself. I don't take it easy when I'm alone. If I wasn't then I wouldn't make it on a consistent basis on my individual rides and when I ride the 3 Sisters in the Hill Country and RGV. I've been unlucky on these rides with you guys but you're judging me on very small sample size.

Also, I know basic bike maintenance. I know a lot of maintenance. I work on my bike all of the time. I know about what I should do with the tires but I was blatantly disregarding them. I made the mistake of just saying they were ok so I can continue to screw around on my phone. I place blame on myself and myself alone as I could have prevented this. That's what people don't get. I have a very open mind and I want to get better as I need to. I like when someone can pull me aside and tell me that I can go faster in this corner or that I can lean harder etc.... That's why I run with the boys from RGV and from the HC. They gave me pointers and invited me to ride with them and improve. I have significantly.

I admit when I up and I did yesterday. If I was truly as bad as they people want to believe then considering the amount of spirited riding that I do (at least once a week). I would have been totaled it. Btw, Jim my mechanic confirmed my guess that it was the tires and it was an avoidable situation if I addressed them before riding. When I set off to ride with those tires, I was past the point of no return so to speak. I was lucky no car was coming. The bike was going less than 20 mph.

P.S. I had an IDGAF attitude about my bike's condition prior to the ride and it was an inconvenience to everyone. My bad and if anyone is still mad about it. I'll buy a round for you at the Central Meet. Fair enough?
Sad to say, but with this attitude you will most likely crash again. You can blame the tires, gravel, or whatever. It comes down to you did not know how to handle the situation when it happened.

I and many others ride on squared off tires all the time. We have all hit loose gravel. I've wrecked and it was due to target fixation. Point is don't blame bike, tires, or road conditions.

It simply comes down to you not knowing how to handle the situation. The sooner you realize that, and stop getting hurt at others for pointing it out, the sooner you will become a better rider.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #128
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

its really simple, if your riding your bike and its no longer on 2 wheels whether your still attached to it in any way or not its a wreck.

there is no way to judge how good of a rider you are if the majority of the riding you do is on your own, what you think is fast probably isnt. In order to learn you have to be open minded and accept constructive criticisum
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #129
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

I noted you saying "I didn't wreck today" ,utter BS

YOU WRECKED! don't try and play it off as anything else

The Other BS, drama
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #130
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I know I'm ready for spirited and moderate riding. If you only saw me by myself. I don't take it easy when I'm alone. ....you're judging me on very small sample size.

Also, I know basic bike maintenance. I know a lot of maintenance. I work on my bike all of the time. I know about what I should do with the tires but I was blatantly disregarding them. I made the mistake of just saying they were ok so I can continue to screw around on my phone.

Btw, Jim my mechanic confirmed my guess that it was the tires and it was an avoidable situation if I addressed them before riding. When I set off to ride with those tires, I was past the point of no return so to speak. I was lucky no car was coming. The bike was going less than 20 mph.

From what I have seen in the last two rides, I have to say you are still very green.. Nothing to be ashamed of really...we all started green... Practice...patience... and smoothness..... And please take it easy when you ride alone..

Tire pressure is the MOST basic and most important check.. I was surprised you didnt know what a tire gauge was. It's okay though, now you know.

Find you a new mechanic..this one sucks ...Motorcycles Unlimited helps peeps with tips and maintnence classes...free.. Google is free too..

You are stubborn....use it to your advantage...Be like Umayr...that is way faster after 30 track days..
Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #131
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
you should have stuck to the excuse that I use....over rode my tires.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #132
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
its really simple, if your riding your bike and its no longer on 2 wheels whether your still attached to it in any way or not its a wreck.
Hey now..i ride on one sometimes...
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #133
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Hey now..i ride on one sometimes...

so have I but I still consider it a wreck
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #134
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post

so have I but I still consider it a wreck
lets say...about to wreck , or half wreck..
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #135
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Kinda like, a little bit pregnant
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #136
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Quote:
lets say...about to wreck , or half wreck..
It's half chance of wrecking for me on one lol
Old 09-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #137
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #138
848Brando

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

Quote:
HAHAHAH!
848Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #139
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
whats happens when not wearing gear, its a result, if u were wearing gear pregnant wouldnt have happened
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #140
Copperhead

Jim, I know what a tire gauge is but I didn't know where you found the one you had. I never seen one of those. Just the big one with a circular psi dial. Also, I use my mechanic for the use of tools. I do most of the work myself. I also have a very handy manual for the bike. I work on my bike all of the time.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement