Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #101
karimcoco

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
05 R1
00 kawa zrx 1100 *sold*
08 CBR 600RR *sold*
05 GSXR 1000 *stolen*

Thanks guys for the ride. Made it home safe (I was on the blue R1) even had a little fun on the way back with chomama and the buell ��
Sunday, 3 MAY 2015: NOOB Cruise to Chapel Chill for Lunch then 3090 TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 5 05-03-2015 10:01 AM
Galveston Car Cruise Sunday morning j0nathan Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-15-2015 01:37 AM
S SW SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!!!! JUST A CRUISE ROUND TOWN. floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 46 07-22-2012 06:21 AM
Galveston Cruise-Sunday 7/24 Steven08gsxr Events, Meets and Rides 53 07-31-2011 10:56 PM
Who is going to the HPD Galveston cruise on Sunday? SexualChocolate Off Topic 67 03-01-2007 11:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #102
Chomama
"Roll Out!"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR-600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimcoco View Post
Thanks guys for the ride. Made it home safe (I was on the blue R1) even had a little fun on the way back with chomama and the buell ��
Hey we have to let lose some time lol like wise to everyone had a great time!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #103
Copperhead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboi View Post
Ya I was right behind the 250 when he went down taught me a lesson watching never hit ur brake in a corner or second guess urself if theres a slight chance of falling at least lean into it and commit if u still fall wasn't your day and that other bike from the other group glad he was ok but sad that nice bike went down
What it should have taught you was to look at your tires and if its squared out then you shouldn't ride in such a spirited fashion. It was an oversight on my part but when it comes to actually riding it. I didn't make a mistake. I didn't even brake in the corner.

I had my phone recording the entire thing from my view. I watched it and had my part time mechanic for the bike watch it. The tires were off. It is my daily commuter so I should have been more prepared. Especially with the minimal contact patch that I enjoy the state of my tires is very important. I didn't do anything different that I normally did. I didn't make any mistake. happens.

Last edited by Copperhead; 09-23-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #104
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
What it should have taught you was to look at your tires and if its squared out then you shouldn't ride in such a spirited fashion. It was an oversight on my part but when it comes to actually riding it. I didn't make a mistake. I didn't even brake in the corner.

I had my phone recording the entire thing from my view. I watched it and had my part time mechanic for the bike watch it. The tires were off. It is my daily commuter so I should have been more prepared. Especially with the minimal contact patch that I enjoy the state of my tires is very important. I didn't do anything different that I normally did. I didn't make any mistake. happens.
U suck at riding esp for a person who claims they rode dirt. U need to play in a parking lot, setting up cones n what not.
Why dont u start a 250 ride n ride with them to learn s'more before u go out n ruin other ppls sunday morning rides. We aint got that much time off to ride for u to ruin it every 2 mos!
How dare u go out n ride on a bikes thats not up to par. U knew ur was on the lowside. How dare u ride a 150+mile ride on it. Inconsiderate. Had to turn around twice for u. Fudgesicles!

I love jimrad and he has a heart of gold. Hes better than me for sure.

im sorry but i hope to never catch myself on a ride with u ever again. I told u not to ride behind me and what did u do..exactly deliberately after??? U rode behind me and u freakin wrecked. Strange how that works.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #105
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

For the most part, thanks jimrad.
Always a pleasure to have viffer. Hes quiet but so much fun.
Thanks everyone for coming out n riding safe. I was practicing my bs tricks i saw a girl on you tube do. Lol. I NAILED it. Never knew it was so easy.

20130922 081923 zpsa9a38005

20130922 081849 zps8c98c52c
Pimp daddy V

20130922 081944 zps9911665c
Craig and the guys i met up at cvs

20130922 082009 zps8d655ad3
mr. Jauma. Marijuana. Motorama.

20130922 082402 zpsf3724dd9
Me n mrs. Rad

20130922 083445 zps5de53f49
Combat monkey fashionably late

20130922 095953 zpsfa7e6a15

as for the other 2 on Separate rides who went down. Glad ur relatively ok n luv u long thyme.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #106
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
U suck at riding esp for a person who claims they rode dirt. U need to play in a parking lot, setting up cones n what not.
Why dont u start a 250 ride n ride with them to learn s'more before u go out n ruin other ppls sunday morning rides. We aint got that much time off to ride for u to ruin it every 2 mos!
How dare u go out n ride on a bikes thats not up to par. U knew ur was on the lowside. How dare u ride a 150+mile ride on it. Inconsiderate. Had to turn around twice for u. Fudgesicles!

I love jimrad and he has a heart of gold. Hes better than me for sure.

im sorry but i hope to never catch myself on a ride with u ever again. I told u not to ride behind me and what did u do..exactly deliberately after??? U rode behind me and u freakin wrecked. Strange how that works.
Are you done? Dry your tears because I will break this down for you. Do some trail riding then come back and tell me the difference. Don't tell me what I need to do. I know what I do and I hold my own quite well.

, I took an MSF course and was immediately recommended to try an advanced course as quickly as possible though a track day is better by far I bet. Many riders I've had the privilege to meet (and I know they are better than you) and ride with have given me good advice and praised my riding. I'll put more stock in their opinion than yours. I'm not trying to brag as there is always room for improvement but I know I can handle myself. Take your high horse rant and shove it.

I've ridden in the Hill Country on many occasions. I've ridden in the RGV on a couple of occasions. I've put many miles on it and I only dropped the bike twice (once in a garage) and wrecked once. I did not wreck today. The tires lost grip and sent me wide towards the side. The bike fell and I jumped off and held onto to it to try to prevent it from falling down the road slope but I failed. Bailing is different than wrecking. Everything was fine and I told people to leave. You didn't have to stay. Instead of and moaning you could have easily went about your business.

The bike was fine save the shifter because I moved the bolt to the top thinking it would help the shifter but in fact it made it worse so I moved it back to the bottom. The tires looked alright so I went ahead with them. I made a mistake in the respect in my pre-ride inspection was poor. I own that and I apologized for that. The fact that you're talking like you know what happened is amusing. I wasn't behind you and I have video to prove it. A couple of people passed me on the straight.

Jim is a good guy. I've offered to repay him before and he insisted on rejecting it. Don't judge me when you're at the front trying to ride in your friend's pocket yourself. I like to take my time and I go all out on my individual rides through the forest and other places. Calm your . You never want to ride with me again? I'm truly devastated. How about you work on your bike for once and I'll work on sleeping. Sounds fair?

Last edited by Copperhead; 09-23-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #107
TheBeeDeeGee

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

.......anyway

Here is the first vid I've got uploaded. FF to about 4:00 before we get to some curves I haven't trimmed it yet. I have another better one of 3090 I will upload soon, filmed in 720p

TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #108
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Are you done? Dry your tears because I will break this down for you. Do some trail riding then come back and tell me the difference. Don't tell me what I need to do. I know what I do and I hold my own quite well.

, I took an MSF course and was immediately recommended to try an advanced course as quickly as possible though a track day is better by far I bet. Many riders I've had the privilege to meet (and I know they are better than you) and ride with have given me good advice and praised my riding. I'll put more stock in their opinion than yours. I'm not trying to brag as there is always room for improvement but I know I can handle myself. Take your high horse rant and shove it.

I've ridden in the Hill Country on many occasions. I've ridden in the RGV on a couple of occasions. I've put many miles on it and I only dropped the bike twice (once in a garage) and wrecked once. I did not wreck today. The tires lost grip and sent me wide towards the side. The bike fell and I jumped off and held onto to it to try to prevent it from falling down the road slope but I failed. Bailing is different than wrecking. Everything was fine and I told people to leave. You didn't have to stay. Instead of and moaning you could have easily went about your business.

The bike was fine save the shifter because I moved the bolt to the top thinking it would help the shifter but in fact it made it worse so I moved it back to the bottom. The tires looked alright so I went ahead with them. I made a mistake in the respect in my pre-ride inspection was poor. I own that and I apologized for that. The fact that you're talking like you know what happened is amusing. I wasn't behind you and I have video to prove it. A couple of people passed me on the straight.

Jim is a good guy. I've offered to repay him before and he insisted on rejecting it. Don't judge me when you're at the front trying to ride in your friend's pocket yourself. I like to take my time and I go all out on my individual rides through the forest and other places. Calm your . You never want to ride with me again? I'm truly devastated. How about you work on your bike for once and I'll work on sleeping. Sounds fair?
Okieee.. get over urself. Everything u wrote trying to redeem urself didnt work.
Ur cursed. Everytime u ride something bad happens. Ur so blind to see ppl r just nice but they honestly don't want u near them either n wonder why the heck do u approach them to talk. Dont u get the slightest hint ur unwanted? Its unfortunate i have to s.p.e.l.l. it out for u.

Get ur together. Be mindful of others esp when ur on a 250 n UNSKILLED. Guys were dumbfounded, wondering why were u trying to lead the pack. Holding back 6 out of 10 riders.
Viffer, our ride leader. .was my "buddy". I always ride next to him n we trade off so dont even speak about something u dont know. When he steps left, i step right, thats how close he and i are.

Cry over u? Pls, ur pitiful. We all wait around because we adore jimrad. Lucky for u, his mission is leave no man behind.

Btw, talks of banning u from rides was brought up. Ur just too much of a liability.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #109
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
I did not wreck today. The tires lost grip and sent me wide towards the side. The bike fell and I jumped off and held onto to it to try to prevent it from falling down the road slope but I failed. Bailing is different than wrecking.
No wrecking is wrecking, bailing = wrecking, dropping = wrecking

Kids trying to place blame on everybody but themselves
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #110
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

video

Copperhead, bottom line is you are not ready for a moderate or spirited pace ride. I strongly recommend a few track days and learn some basic bike maintenance... the tire issue was pretty clear...you only had 20 psi when we checked after the crash..your tires were squared off. You are lucky no vehicles were coming in the opp lane and you were going pretty slow. Keep an open mind if you want to learn.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #111
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

I forgot what he blamed his first wreck on. I think the gravel.
The road, the air, the sun.... who knows.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #112
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

yeah..craig called me when he crashed and thats when we made a u turn to head back..
Old 09-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #113
dboi
r1

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimcoco View Post
Ima have to say I agree lol going home was definitely pretty fun ride also lol
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #114
TheBeeDeeGee

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:

Lol yeah this
TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #115
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:

Lol
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #116
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

If you have to bail your bike for any reason, you are riding over your skill level. Just my opinion and not bashing anyone. Crashes happen, and Copperhead is very lucky he was not injured.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #117
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

The real question is, is "bailing"wrecking or some form of not really crashing but "bailing"? Lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #118
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
The real question is, is "bailing"wrecking or some form of not really crashing but "bailing"? Lol
If the bike leaves the road with out a rider it is a crash.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #119
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

If you jump off the bike right before you hit the ground and stay on your feet without hurting yourself... You bailed..
If the bike keeps going and comes to a stop upright without a scratch... The bike bailed....
Old 09-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #120
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
If you jump off the bike right before you hit the ground and stay on your feet without hurting yourself... You bailed..
If the bike keeps going and comes to a stop upright without a scratch... The bike bailed....
That takes mad skillzzzz!

Advertisement