MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #181
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
My 2cents.

I ride my bike daily. It is my daily commute. IDazzle, Pinball, Jimrad and countless other people on here can verify that. I rode with advanced groups, noob groups and other groups even on an SMR. All of these rides, I have stayed humble and absorbed everything everyone said. Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that. I have ridden on square tires with low psi on gravel filled roads IN the rain with a finicky chain. Fortunately, I have not wrecked. I owe this to the guys that always help and give me advice on riding. Abd because of the fact that I FAWKING LISTEN AND NOT TAKE IT TO HEART, I have survived. Sadly, I can account that others will grow up and listen instead of making excuses. Pushing it to the limits? Like being behind or in the middle? Let me say, AFTER the fact that you crashed, I tried staying within your pace so you wouldn't be alone. Jimrad, the ducati, viffer and chomama went ahead. Even at the point where I slowed down to stay at your pace and give you a line to follow, you proceeded to try and pass me, on the straights. I said to myself, whatever... go ahead. So, I followed behind, only to have you ride +30 on the straights.. and break hard to enter the corner below posted. Did you wave me by? Nope. Actually, you kept speeding up when I tried to slowly make a pass on the straights. In which point, I said... " this kid" and took off. Eat an assload humble pie and stop trying to justify your mistakes. Fighting others will just have them hate riding with you. I would not be surprised if they left your high and dry the next time. Not alone and left behind, but we can call ems, tow truck and cops and say GL man, see ya.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday, 3 MAY 2015: NOOB Cruise to Chapel Chill for Lunch then 3090 TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 5 05-03-2015 10:01 AM
Galveston Car Cruise Sunday morning j0nathan Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-15-2015 01:37 AM
S SW SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!!!! JUST A CRUISE ROUND TOWN. floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 46 07-22-2012 06:21 AM
Galveston Cruise-Sunday 7/24 Steven08gsxr Events, Meets and Rides 53 07-31-2011 10:56 PM
Who is going to the HPD Galveston cruise on Sunday? SexualChocolate Off Topic 67 03-01-2007 11:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #182
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post
mental note: never crash on the same ride that iDazzle also happens to be on

Debit...lol
Its been a minute brother.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #183
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop
 
debit_debit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 759

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F







Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
Debit...lol
Its been a minute brother.
For sure! I need to invite myself to the next public ride you sign up for
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #184
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
My 2cents.

I ride my bike daily. It is my daily commute. IDazzle, Pinball, Jimrad and countless other people on here can verify that. I rode with advanced groups, noob groups and other groups even on an SMR. All of these rides, I have stayed humble and absorbed everything everyone said. Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that. I have ridden on square tires with low psi on gravel filled roads IN the rain with a finicky chain. Fortunately, I have not wrecked. I owe this to the guys that always help and give me advice on riding. Abd because of the fact that I FAWKING LISTEN AND NOT TAKE IT TO HEART, I have survived. Sadly, I can account that others will grow up and listen instead of making excuses. Pushing it to the limits? Like being behind or in the middle? Let me say, AFTER the fact that you crashed, I tried staying within your pace so you wouldn't be alone. Jimrad, the ducati, viffer and chomama went ahead. Even at the point where I slowed down to stay at your pace and give you a line to follow, you proceeded to try and pass me, on the straights. I said to myself, whatever... go ahead. So, I followed behind, only to have you ride +30 on the straights.. and break hard to enter the corner below posted. Did you wave me by? Nope. Actually, you kept speeding up when I tried to slowly make a pass on the straights. In which point, I said... " this kid" and took off. Eat an assload humble pie and stop trying to justify your mistakes. Fighting others will just have them hate riding with you. I would not be surprised if they left your high and dry the next time. Not alone and left behind, but we can call ems, tow truck and cops and say GL man, see ya.
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #185
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Hello there Mr Air Marshall. Lol.
The BORC needs to play with SDRC sometime.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #186
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
Hello there Mr Air Marshall. Lol.
The BORC needs to play with SDRC sometime.
A BORC rider... aka ..myself ...just crashed on SDRC badlands
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #187
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
A BORC rider... aka ..myself ...just crashed on SDRC badlands
Gasp!!! The s1000rr was you? Say it ain't so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #188
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
Gasp!!! The s1000rr was you? Say it ain't so.
Farewell to the S1kRR.....The next Mean machine is coming near you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #189
Chomama
"Roll Out!"
 
Chomama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 249 & 1960
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 468

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR-600




Member Garage


A hard head makes an soft ! Like Kevin Hart says, "your going to learn today!" You gots two eyes an ears use them first before you mouth homie! Be thankful your still alive yo, think more before you act! We are not your parents we all telling you this because we and others don't want to see our fellow riders lean the hard way homie being down you pride just a tad bit! Don't be to aggressive cause then your avatar name makes sense then! Stop being an Copperhead! Ride smart and safe yo! I myself learn something new at a M&G most of the time, like mama says you will never stop learning till the day you go six feet under!
__________________
Safe Riding Yall!!
Chomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #190
Truckin_Thumper
Senior Member
 
Truckin_Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,054

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together








Quote:
Originally Posted by Longdraw View Post
happens and people crash..its no big deal..as long as you are not hurt that is the most important. We don't know exacty how Copperhead crashed..only he knows..he is ok and that's all that matters..stop trying to analyze what happened and lets move on..now if you'll excuse me I'm going to get some pie....
Well, as a fellow dirt idiot, I sorta agree.

I have crashed a ton offroad, a few on pavement.
You cant find your edge until you cross it, repeat as needed.

Totaled a few bikes, beat the ever lovin' out of many....oh well, I am here and I am alive.

The big thing is thinking back and figuring out what went wrong.....dont do that again.

9 pages of pure drama sure as dont help
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #191
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
On a sidenote.... dboi's exhaust made my pucker a bit.
I think we need to have a ride buddy. Iy was mentioned before. Experienced rider paired with a noob. I know I noticed one struggling and passed on some knowledge. He said it helped a lot...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #192
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
On a sidenote.... dboi's exhaust made my pucker a bit.
I think we need to have a ride buddy. Iy was mentioned before. Experienced rider paired with a noob. I know I noticed one struggling and passed on some knowledge. He said it helped a lot...
yeah! lets set up a PM ride..
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #193
dboi
r1
 
dboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northside Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 620

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )








Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
On a sidenote.... dboi's exhaust made my pucker a bit.
I think we need to have a ride buddy. Iy was mentioned before. Experienced rider paired with a noob. I know I noticed one struggling and passed on some knowledge. He said it helped a lot...
hehe i think someones talking about my torque monster
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
dboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #194
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Well, as a fellow dirt idiot, I sorta agree.

I have crashed a ton offroad, a few on pavement.
You cant find your edge until you cross it, repeat as needed.

Totaled a few bikes, beat the ever lovin' out of many....oh well, I am here and I am alive.

The big thing is thinking back and figuring out what went wrong.....dont do that again.

9 pages of pure drama sure as dont help
I miss the dirt and when you ride dirt it's inevitable that you will crash. I am missing my dual sport..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
yeah! lets set up a PM ride..
Through the forest Jimmy!! I'll lead!!!
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #195
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Through the forest Jimmy!! I'll lead!!! [/QUOTE]

__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #196
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
Through the forest Jimmy!! I'll lead!!!
[/QUOTE]


forest!! lol

what does the fox say??
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #197
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by Longdraw View Post
Through the forest Jimmy!! I'll lead!!!
you will ride with me?? but..I don't own 12 bikes or exotic hp2's ..

and I don't care for pie..

I would feel privileged to ride on a ride with you sirrr!!
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #198
dboi
r1
 
dboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northside Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 620

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )








Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
Through the forest Jimmy!! I'll lead!!!
[/QUOTE]

Hey man don't think I know ya but ur pic of the bike and Audi Is sick
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
dboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #199
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,868

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by dboi View Post
Hey man don't think I know ya but ur pic of the bike and Audi Is sick[/QUOTE]

The bike is no more...
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #200
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,843

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






pm ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
yeah! lets set up a PM ride..
I hope I'm on the list for a pm scheduled ride,I didnt wake up in time this past Sunday to drive across town and make the ride

On a side note I did my first track day the past Sunday and jim it was amazing and I learned so much in just one day and you were right about me really needing a td, so thanks for all your wise knowledge and advice. I look forward to the next ride with the SDRC !!!!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy