MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Wanting to Start a New Chapter of GOC. Please Read.

Hello my name is Ron AKA GHost, just wanted to say hi to every one. i am new to the forum.
About me I love to ride. i have a dyna as of right now but am looking into getting a trike. my wife also loves to ride. we moved from Odessa this past January and now live in Deer Park. While we were in Odessa we had rode with The Guardians of the Children (Twin Cities Chapter) and i will tell you this is the best group of friends i have ever had. Here is there web site if you would like to know more about them and what they do for Children.
http://www.guardiansofthechildren.com/
This will not be a band of out laws and is open to all bikers no matter what you ride...

The mission of the Guardians of the Children (GOC) is to recognize and react to child abuse and educate the public to do the same; to serve as advocates to provide strength and stability to families in crisis; and be an answer to the prayer of an abused child or teen for courage, support and protection.
Here is some FAQ's
(Q).What is GOC about?
(A). GOC serves as a public benefit organization. We exist to educate the public about child abuse, and create a safer environment for abuse and neglected children

(Q).Who can join the organization?
(A).Anyone, who shares the same passions to make a difference in a child's life, with the exception of passing a background check first.

(Q).What experience does one need to be a member?
(A).None, only the desire to commit to our cause.

(Q). Do you have to own a motorcycle to join?
(A).You, do not have to own one, but you do need to have access to one.

(Q).What if you want to be a part of the organization but not really a member?
(A).We do, use at times the help of individuals' non-members on case by case bases for selective events and this is always approved by the president first.

(Q).Will I be able to join in all the events, even if I am just a supporter?
(A).Yes, as long as you have successfully passed a background check first.

(Q). How long does a new member have to wait in order to get patched?
(A).All members are required to go through a 1 year probationary period prior to being eligible for a patch.

(Q).Are all events mandatory?
(A).Only events declared by the President as such are mandatory.

(Q).Who do I need to speak to about joining?
(A).Each chapters contact information is posted on this website. For membership information contact the Sgt.@Arms of the chapter or the membership coordinator.

(Q).Does this organization get together just to hang out and go for rides?
(A).This organization is here solely for mentoring and supporting children that are of the GOC family. Occasionally we may get together for a fun ride.

(Q).Who would I need to speak to about giving a donation?
(A). Donations should be forwarded to the treasurer of the chapter
in your area.
(Q).Is GOC a 501 © (3) organization?
(A).Yes, we are a Charitable Organization with a 501© (3) status.

(Q).Where does the money go to that is donated and raised for this organization?
(A).All money is used to benefit the children that are directly of the GOC family and used to educate the public about prevention of child abuse.

(Q).Who do I speak to, about having your organization visit and speak at my facility Church, Children's Home, PTA, etc…?
(A).You can contact The President of the Chapter in your area.

(Q).What if I want to start a chapter in my area?
(A).Contact the Chapter Development or the Ambassador on the National Page.

I would love to start a chapter in this area. if any one is intersted hit me up.

Historical Data

Guardians of the Children (GOC) was establish in 2006 in San Antonio, Texas by a small but dedicated group of individuals who saw the need to educate and make our community aware of the ramification and the affects of child abuse brought to the children and their families. The abuse to children is a problem that affects all levels of our society which we must all be willing to address head on. We in GOC exist by our motto and that is; “Don't Let Your Silence Drown Out Their Cries"

It was not enough to say you're against anything unless you’re willing to do something about it. The founders of GOC recognized that the smallest and most helpless citizens were victimize by selfish, cold-hearted, cruel cowards, and decided to do its part in the quest of correcting such a difficult predicament in our society. It was decided from the beginning that rather than just assist the victims and their families after the abuse had occurred it would also be beneficial to expend our efforts in the way of prevention. This emphasis on educating and making the public aware for the prevention of child abuse is what separates GOC from other organizations. As a Biker organization one must own a motorcycle to become a member of GOC. This is important because although there are many people and organizations who want to help the less fortunate in the community, GOC accomplishes its mission by way of who we are. Our goal in GOC is to instill a feeling of safety and peace in the hearts and minds of the victims and families we assist. A unique component of GOC to accomplish its mission is the mentality among bikers that we are all part of something bigger, {the whole is greater than the sum of its parts} and that is We stand as one prepared, to protecting our organization in order to protect our priceless resource, ‘the children’.

The success of GOC in accomplishing its mission has been recognized by children advocacy agencies, victim assistance programs, child protective services, our court system, elected officials and other community organizations and leaders as well as other motorcycle organizations. Through faithful dedication to its mission statement, GOC has been able to establish additional chapters through out United States in a very short period of time. Although GOC members wish for the day when an organization such as ours will no longer be needed, we will continue our mission until that day comes.

While our membership reflects the diversity present in our society in general, the unifying sentiment is that we all are committed to the mission of Guardians Of the Children to change the lives of those who have been victimized and aid them in finding the strength and courage for better future.

Valor . Truth . Integrity

“Bikers Providing Assistance and Protection for Abuse Children”

GOC Mission Statement

The mission of Guardians Of the Children (GOC) is to recognize and react to child abuse and educate the public to do the same; to serve as advocates to provide strength and stability to families in crisis; and be an answer to the prayer of an abused child or teen for courage, support and protection.

“Don’t Let Your Silence Drown Out Their Cries”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interworkings of GOC

We serve as a public benefit organization. Our vision is to improve the quality of life in our community by educating the public and making them aware of the steps to take in order to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child abuse.

GOC is a Biker Organization also dedicated to protecting the victims of child abuse. Our alliances as Bikers allow us the ability to call upon resources that might not generally be available to the public at large.

We partner with Children Advocacy Agencies, Victim Assistance Groups and others to raise awareness of the prevalence of child abuse. GOC assist these agencies by being one of many resources available to them and introduce the child into our organization where it has been determined it would be beneficial in order to lend support to their family and at the same time protect that child.

Our members share a common goal in that we enjoy the open road on our iron horses and are here to convey an important message; ‘We stand as one prepared to protect this priceless resource’

"Valor, Truth & Integrity is the Guardian way"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardian

You proclaim that you are a Guardian
By the patch you wear

Symbolizing to all that you have faith
That you are worthy
That you trust in yourself

But I wonder
Have you caught
The true meaning
Of the symbol you wear?

Why the background is black
And the letters maroon or blue
Why the shield covers the swords and
The scales hang unbalanced
Why the wings are silver as well as the border?

I tell you this
For this is who we serve

Black is for the dark times abused children live in
Maroon and Blue for the pain they endure at the hands of others
Silver is the lining
A ray of hope
That someday
The abuse will stop

The shield and swords are our tools
A Guardian must battle those whom appose
The scales are unbalanced
And so will remain
Until such time that justice is served
On all those to blame

The archangel wings
Send a message of the highest importance

Valor
Truth and
Integrity
Is the Guardian way

Now I ponder
Are you a true

Guardian of the Children

Author: Ruben "Bamm Bamm" Cano

To start a new chapter i need a total of 5 couples or a total of 10 people.
I hope this reaches the right people.
Ron G is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 cbr 929rr no start ign switch broken what wire goes were so i can start it rparker1978 How To's and Q & A's 9 09-01-2014 11:50 PM
wanting to start looking into home ownership del240z Off Topic 66 07-10-2013 05:42 PM
Wanting to start stunting argentino86 Stunters Lounge 15 03-04-2011 09:16 PM
CHAPTER 2 (NSFSV) Azylum Off Topic 13 11-29-2010 06:16 PM
Head Start on a New Track NOOBS READ! Wormgear Taking it to the Track 2 07-12-2008 04:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

define child abuse.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Child abuse is the physical, sexual, emotional mal/mistreatment or neglect of a child. Its pretty basic.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Physical abuse involves physical aggression directed at a child by an adult.

Child sexual abuse is a form of child abuse in which an adult or older adolescent abuses a child for sexual stimulation.

Emotional abuse is defined as the production of psychological and social deficits in the growth of a child as a result of behavior such as loud yelling, coarse and rude attitude, inattention, harsh criticism, and denigration of the child's personality.

Child neglect is the failure of a parent or other person with responsibility for the child to provide needed food, clothing, shelter, medical care, or supervision to the degree that the child's health, safety, and well-being are threatened with harm
Old 09-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
define child abuse.
Let's not derail this thread.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Let's not derail this thread.
I am not derailing anything, he stated the purpose of the club was to educate the public about child abuse. I have seen NORMAL parental discipline labled as child abuse by liberal bledding hearts. While I believe in ending actual child abuse, before I support something like this, I want to know what their definition of child abuse is. The definition he gave has a couple of areas that leave the definition in a gray area and I would need further clarification on before I would be willing to get involved. I have little patience with folks who abuse others and I will quickly get involved when I see anyone mistreat a woman or a child, there is too much of that going on, at the same time I have no desire to support the "it takes a village" liberals who trample on the rights of folks. I figure we needed to know which this group was before any of us decide to support it or not.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
I am not derailing anything, he stated the purpose of the club was to educate the public about child abuse. I have seen NORMAL parental discipline labled as child abuse by liberal bledding hearts. While I believe in ending actual child abuse, before I support something like this, I want to know what their definition of child abuse is. The definition he gave has a couple of areas that leave the definition in a gray area and I would need further clarification on before I would be willing to get involved. I have little patience with folks who abuse others and I will quickly get involved when I see anyone mistreat a woman or a child, there is too much of that going on, at the same time I have no desire to support the "it takes a village" liberals who trample on the rights of folks. I figure we needed to know which this group was before any of us decide to support it or not.

sums up what i would have said...
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Great comment obed. there are alot of gray areas thats why i am looking for like minded people. I agree 100% there is a differance between abuse and discipline! I have gave my Daughters pops when they were growing up. Thiere is a differance. Spare the rod spoil the child. if you dont question then you will be going blind. dont know about anyone else but i wont go into some thing blind. i to asked the same question before i joined GOC.

Last edited by Ron G; 09-19-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

ok, when you get enough interested, let me know... I would be willing to get together and discuss it further.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Will need patched members and suporters.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
clayp

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project

I'd be interested. Goes along with the other charities I try to support
clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

THe Background check is checking for any child related offences.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
I'd be interested. Goes along with the other charities I try to support
in patched or just suporter?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
clayp

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron G View Post
in patched or just suporter?
I don't know what you mean by "patched". The other charities are usually fundraisers - dinners, auctions, etc for various childrens' programs (Candlelighters, Cystic Fibrosis, Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse)
clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Excellent response, although I was only suggesting we not use this thread to "define" any concept of abuse, but to keep it as a positive means to join like minded individuals.

A thread used to define "peace", "wealth", "happiness", "abuse", "power", "beauty" etc would be quickly filled with 2,000 opinionated responses whilst the only 2 individuals that are actually willing to join and put things into action would be drowned out.

I was only asking that this not be turned into a heated debate thread.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
I don't know what you mean by "patched". The other charities are usually fundraisers - dinners, auctions, etc for various childrens' programs (Candlelighters, Cystic Fibrosis, Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse)
Patched meaning Actual member with voting rights, Back Patch and rocker. and supoter meaning suporter patch, help with fundraisers, dinners, auctions, etc for various childrens' programs. you will not get to vote on new members or vote on member positions. I meed 10 patched members to even approch GOC for a new Chapter. As Of right now I have 2 members (me and my wife) and 6 suporters.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Excellent response, although I was only suggesting we not use this thread to "define" any concept of abuse, but to keep it as a positive means to join like minded individuals.

A thread used to define "peace", "wealth", "happiness", "abuse", "power", "beauty" etc would be quickly filled with 2,000 opinionated responses whilst the only 2 individuals that are actually willing to join and put things into action would be drowned out.

I was only asking that this not be turned into a heated debate thread.
Totally understandable, I had no personal intention of debating with him over definitions, I just wanted to know what his definition was to know if it was something I would be interesting in hearing more about. As you pointed out, lots of folks use the same Key Phrases, but mean something entirely different by them.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
Ron G
Ron AKA Ghost

Bike(s):
2005 DYNA FXDI

BACA is a MC and wear MC on there vests. we are an organzation. we do not call our selves MC. we do follow alot of there rules as respect for the MC'c. and alot of our sponcers are MC.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron G View Post
BACA is a MC and wear MC on there vests. we are an organzation. we do not call our selves MC. we do follow alot of there rules as respect for the MC'c. and alot of our sponcers are MC.
So you guys are an RC?
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #20
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I like the idea and wish you the best. It's a good cause.

The whole patch stuff is a no go for me though.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement