MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

[Race Video] Trail Riders of Houston - Ocho Loco Enduro in SHNF

----------------*******TRH OCHO LOCO ENDURO VIDEO DUMP*******----------------

Professional racer Cody Potts passing me (i tried to latch on). He finished the section in 3:33 and was your overall winner for the race. He's fast! It took me 12:21 with all my mistakes and slow riding.

One of several unexpected crashes.

Due to lacking time this week, here is all of the RAW video footage. I suggest using the photo index. I made thumbnails for every 4 or 5 seconds of video.

Photo Index enlarge in browser:
1. Forward Cam - 01 of 03
2. Forward Cam - 02 of 03
3. Forward Cam - 03 of 03
4. Rear Facing Cam - 01 of 04
5. Rear Facing Cam - 02 of 04
6. Rear Facing Cam - 03 of 04
7. Rear Facing Cam - 04 of 04
Videos:

Now I can clear my memory card!

Last edited by hotnanas; 09-18-2013 at 11:04 AM.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video of NW trail on east side of the SHNF 6/22/14 Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 06-23-2014 07:01 AM
SHNF video 6/19/14 Boy Scout trail Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 06-21-2014 09:09 PM
SHNF Thursday dirt trail ride, maybe some video??? Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 18 05-23-2014 12:37 PM
Trail Riders of Houston Enduro, Sunday 3/17... dhdrider Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 70 03-27-2012 09:56 AM
Trail Riders of Houston Family Race Series Rnd 1 March 6th Bagwell Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 03-04-2011 10:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

CP was definitely flying, I wish I could have stayed and raced with you guys b/c I surely had fun in the early morning round but my leg just wouldn't allow it, and also CP pointed out the fact that my right side fork seal was leaking, I'm assuming I injected some sand in it when I fell down and hurt my leg.

I just received my "seal doctor" from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC so I'll see if I can dig out the sand tonight after work.

You're doing great Cliff, pick up the pace and move yourself into the B class for more exciting speed, you have to challenge yourself, do this before you're forced to do it, trust me, it sucks at first but I'm getting better and faster riding with the A groups.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Looking good out there! As I watch it I keep thinking "I would have wrecked there, and there, and there..."
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Looking good out there! As I watch it I keep thinking "I would have wrecked there, and there, and there..."
lol and you probably would have with that mindset. It always happens, your last minute thoughts will kick you in the in a hurry. The key is to not focus on what is directly in front of your tire but rather as far ahead as possible.

Cliff did a great job, I've tried following CP at his own offroad course one day, that lasted about 2 turns and then he disappeared quickly, he's a Pro rider for a reason. He rides and trains with other Pro enduro riders every week and can often be found tearing it up at 3P or Rio Bravo.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
lol and you probably would have with that mindset. It always happens, your last minute thoughts will kick you in the in a hurry. The key is to not focus on what is directly in front of your tire but rather as far ahead as possible.

Cliff did a great job, I've tried following CP at his own offroad course one day, that lasted about 2 turns and then he disappeared quickly, he's a Pro rider for a reason. He rides and trains with other Pro enduro riders every week and can often be found tearing it up at 3P or Rio Bravo.
I know I would have. Still pretty new to offroad riding and have to constantly remind myself to look up. It's hard for me when there is debris, roots, and trees to dodge but when I do I wreck less and go faster without even realizing it. Read somewhere the other day about taping a sign on your front fender that says "Look up dumbass". Going to do that on the forest ride next weekend.

Last edited by brandontx; 09-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I know I would have. Still pretty new to offroad riding and have to constantly remind myself to look up. It's hard for me when there is debris, roots, and trees to dodge but when I do I wreck less and go faster without even realizing it. Read somewhere the other day about taping a sign on your front fender that says "Look up dumbass". Going to do that on the forest ride next weekend.
The smallest things (roots, limbs etc) are huge obstacles when you're focused on them as you hit them, otherwise, looking beyond them, you'll hardly notice that you just rode over them. Always look for your next turn entrance, or your next direction arrow, while in the turn always focus as far out of the turn as you can, as if you're looking for the next turn entrance. These things keep your eyes up and focused on what's ahead, not what you're about to hit.

I always talk to myself in races, asking myself "where is the exit, where am I going, where do I want to end up, where's the next turning point or arrow?

Just as in street bike or trackday riding, where you look is where you go.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
JRxGRUBZx

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Thats badass!
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote