MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
Copperhead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
i think u miss interpreted my question....while u were driving a cage. If its happenned to u on a bike multiple times at a high rate of speed...then its obviously the cagers fault

And its not rocket science but it is science. Rate of speed/distance/reaction time...duh

Nice edit to ur post.....u keep doing what ur doing...I hope u dont learn the hard way....
That's what I'm saying. I was driving my car. I don't care whose fault it is considered. If you can't use your mirrors to locate then you probably don't need them. I edited my post to dumb it down so you could understand me but alas I've failed. Science fails to account for intelligence and visual recognition. Post all of the pictures you like but I couldn't give a . I'll never learn the hard way because I'll never cut a rider with my car. I would feel sorry for you for misinterpreting my comment but you aren't worth my pity. I'm saving my pity for Mexico after the USA beats them tonight.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incredible crash incredible walking away ability 675Raisinator General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-16-2012 07:47 PM
Incredible video bluewave18 Off Topic 7 10-13-2009 12:57 PM
Straight incredible Pyrofallout Off Topic 24 12-02-2008 08:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #22
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Oh ur one of those....again I feel sorry for u. Good luck in life, ur gonna need it.

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
nameca2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Ninja 300 SE

I love contests online..
nameca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I was towing a box trailer coming back from a long weekend in Northern Arkansas. Checked mirrors, turned on signal and made a normal lane change to the right.
Around the trailer comes a guy on a 'busa, haulin' .
I almost cut him off, nearly squeezed him onto the shoulder.

Why?

Because he was hauling , I was at ~70, he must have been well above 100. He thought it was my fault too, but he was wrong.
I checked, couldn't see him. I signaled, apparently he was committed. I made a lane change and he almost couldn't stop.
He was several bike lengths ahead of me by the time he got slowed down, which he did so he could flip me off. He rode beside us gesturing for a mile or so then shook his head like I was an idiot and took off like a rocket again.

When you are over taking a car by double their speed, they are gonna have little means to judge your speed. They see a speck in the rear view and reasonably assume you are going at a sane velocity. They act according and suddenly the little speck is a screaming guy choking the out of his brake lever.
You better be prepared to accept the consequences if you ride like that. Aint sayin' I never have or never will again, just gotta assume that you are invisible when you do.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #25
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

So he gets cut off driving like a total hat? Luckily he didn't kill himself or hurt anyone else.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #26
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I was towing a box trailer coming back from a long weekend in Northern Arkansas. Checked mirrors, turned on signal and made a normal lane change to the right.
Around the trailer comes a guy on a 'busa, haulin' .
I almost cut him off, nearly squeezed him onto the shoulder.

Why?

Because he was hauling , I was at ~70, he must have been well above 100. He thought it was my fault too, but he was wrong.
I checked, couldn't see him. I signaled, apparently he was committed. I made a lane change and he almost couldn't stop.
He was several bike lengths ahead of me by the time he got slowed down, which he did so he could flip me off. He rode beside us gesturing for a mile or so then shook his head like I was an idiot and took off like a rocket again.

When you are over taking a car by double their speed, they are gonna have little means to judge your speed. They see a speck in the rear view and reasonably assume you are going at a sane velocity. They act according and suddenly the little speck is a screaming guy choking the out of his brake lever.
You better be prepared to accept the consequences if you ride like that. Aint sayin' I never have or never will again, just gotta assume that you are invisible when you do.
+1
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Those look like Euro plates..

If this were on the Autobahn, then the car made an error in judgement just as much as the bike. There are different rules on a road with no legal speed limit, just like there are different rules on the track (not a 1-1 comparison, but still).

A bike passing at 180 mph is fair play on the Autobahn, as long as it's done safely..
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #28
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post
Those look like Euro plates..

If this were on the Autobahn, then the car made an error in judgement just as much as the bike. There are different rules on a road with no legal speed limit, just like there are different rules on the track (not a 1-1 comparison, but still).

A bike passing at 180 mph is fair play on the Autobahn, as long as it's done safely..
180mph is fair as long as you don't get in a wreck. If you're going over 80mph on the Autobahn and get in an accident you get a ticket regardless of who is at fault. Very little of the Autobahn is fair game for WFO riding/driving, and even in those sections max speed is determined by your tire rating. You have to have a placard of sorts (color-coded) that shows the max speed you can drive per the speed rating of your tires.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Have u ever had a biker almost run up ur in a cage? Its almost impossible to see a bike going that fast when u look in your mirrors or to judge thier speed. Its happen to me after using my mirrors and looking back. One sec noone is there and then they freakin appear out of nowhere because they are traveling at a high rate of speed with a very little front profile....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I'm awesome, , and don't you ever forget it
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #30
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
All these vids that I watch, its amazing how yall males dont scream, make any noise, nothing. Well, very rare.
WE are talking about motorcycle videos, thank you.

Pervs...

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #31
Frostbite01

Bike(s):
1991 Honda TransAlp (RIP)
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Member Garage

I love how a lot of riders assume because they are on a bike, they have the right of way, right of speed, and right to do whatever they want, when they want, and how they want. And no matter what... the cagers are always at fault.

Reality checks will get you killed with that kind of attitude!
Frostbite01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #32
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite01 View Post
I love how a lot of riders assume because they are on a bike, they have the right of way, right of speed, and right to do whatever they want, when they want, and how they want. And no matter what... the cagers are always at fault.

Ding ding ding. Winner winner!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #33
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite01 View Post

Agreed.

No point in arguing about these kinds of things. It's like a religion of its own; some follow the law, others think they have special privileges on the road and expect others to take notice of them.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement