Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Suzuka tire warmers are garbage!

So I had a set of Suzuka tire warmers that I bought about 4 years ago that really took a beating. They worked great and when I did have a cord burn through, Suzuka aka Chicken Hawk took care of me and replaced my tire warmer promptly.

Well things have changed at Chicken Hawk. After several MONTHS of waiting for a response from Chicken Hawk on repairing my old warmers, they finally told me to buy a new set. I had pretty much decided it was time to replace my old beaten and bruised Suzuka dual temps anyway. I purchased the latest and greatest they offer and they finally arrived several weeks later. Well, the first time I used them they almost burned my bike to the ground!!! Luckily Art Fonseca saved my day and turned off the warmers when he saw the smoke.

Here is the damage:

Brand new, fresh out of the package and they RUINED my new Dunlop slick!!

Luckily, Chris Coffey let me borrow his motorcycle to continue to instruct while Crazy Jack installed a new tire for me. A huge thanks to the RideSmart instructors and students for helping me out during this stressful day.

After I shipped the warmers back to Suzuka, I haven't heard a thing for several weeks. After multiple phone calls and messages I finally get a tech support guy who tells me they don't have the parts to repair the warmers, and they don't know when they will get them. What a load of ****!!!

I told them to give me my money back, I'm through with them. I've given up hope they will pay for the tire, I just want everyone to know how awful Chicken Hawk aka Suzuka customer service and new products really are. I don't know what has happened, but they don't seem to care at all about their products or customers.

I plan to buy a set of Woodcraft warmers as I've always had good customer service, I like there products and they give back the racing community and always have.

OK, rant over, I don't want anyone to have to go through what I have just for a set of tire warmers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2-11.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	72272  
cdavis is offline   Reply With Quote