Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Is any of that spelled out in the lease? They cant just change the rules in the middle of the lease. They can change the lease to say something different for the new leasers.
Munchkin face has the answer ^
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my son is a loosenoose Off Topic 4 06-05-2012 07:06 PM
lucky pester Off Topic 2 09-30-2009 10:13 AM
I'm a bad txferrari Off Topic 22 01-30-2008 05:32 PM
Lucky BigComfy Off Topic 5 01-14-2008 12:16 PM
APT The Menace Off Topic 37 08-03-2006 07:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #22
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

That sucks. I'm allowed one parking permit as well and I don't have a garage in my apartment complex. I told the leasing office that I lost my parking permit and they gave me a replacement. That was a little over a year ago, both of them work fine I'm not sure if that will fly by with your apt. complex. Hope you get things sorted out.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
Tiller

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
So basically I chose this apartment complex because there were garages for rent to store my bikes. This made logical sense but now due to a shortage in parking they are implementing new parking rules. Permit parking and you will not be issued a parking permit if you have rented a garage. I think this is bullshit and went to talk to them about it. I pretty much got the tough response.

So I guess I need to figure out in the very near future my options as far as storage. So do any of you use a storage unit to park their bikes? How many bikes? Where? Cost? etc.

I pretty much have to sort this by 9/20 or my car will be towed from the complex...
Don't you have storage place right next store to you. I just rented a 14x22 for $150 with insurance. Do a google search and reserve it on line to get a decent deal.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
TigerGenetics

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Honda CBR600RR

What apartment complex is this? Also, pretty sure they can't change the lease like that but I don't know what the lease states about their ability to make changes as they see fit.

Is there any "news on your side" type agencies you can go to and have them run a story about how of a management they are?
TigerGenetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Funny that all the regular renters get a free, outdoor parking spot included with their lease but you don't - because you pay extra for a garage!

If they really changed the policy on you during the term of the lease then you can definitely break the contract through a dispute in small claims court - and maybe even come out ahead with some extra court-ordered financial award.

Don't listen to the guy above who says that taking them to court will cost more than its worth. Small claims court in Texas is cheap, easy and really favoring of the plaintiff in cases like this.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #26
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
My apartments have the garage built in and unlimited parking spots
Infinite parking spaces? WOW!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #27
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Funny that all the regular renters get a free, outdoor parking spot included with their lease but you don't - because you pay extra for a garage!

If they really changed the policy on you during the term of the lease then you can definitely break the contract through a dispute in small claims court - and maybe even come out ahead with some extra court-ordered financial award.

Don't listen to the guy above who says that taking them to court will cost more than its worth. Small claims court in Texas is cheap, easy and really favoring of the plaintiff in cases like this.
This was my sentiments on it as well... I am going to talk to management and if it doesn't go my way then I think I will move all my stuff to a storage unit for the time being... and then lawyer up to get out of the lease with no penalty. I will just go live elsewhere if that is possible.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #28
Frostbite01

Bike(s):
1991 Honda TransAlp (RIP)
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Member Garage

I am lucky. Both my bike and car fit in my garage no problem. The Apartment I had when I lived in Huntsville (AL) was though. Very limited parking, no garages...When I moved in only 1/3 of the lot was full at any given time. As the apartments filled up.. that changed of course.A lot of the turds who lived around me had non-leased semi-permanent visitors, or multiple cars and took ALL the parking. I had to park on the street a few nights. I complained as only 1 out of 4 cars had permits. Let’s just say after a tow fest…parking was easy cheesy.

Back to your problem… I think that is total bull !! They should a lot you at least one parking space. But I guess they can do whatever they want. How much is the garage a month? Mine is the same cost as a storage unit ( only much more convenient).
Frostbite01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
Frostbite01

Bike(s):
1991 Honda TransAlp (RIP)
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Member Garage

Quote:
This was my sentiments on it as well... I am going to talk to management and if it doesn't go my way then I think I will move all my stuff to a storage unit for the time being... and then lawyer up to get out of the lease with no penalty. I will just go live elsewhere if that is possible.
Just read this.. maybe it would be cheaper to just break the lease rather than hire a lawyer... Of course winning in court would be much more satisfying!!!!
Frostbite01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #30
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite01 View Post
Just read this.. maybe it would be cheaper to just break the lease rather than hire a lawyer... Of course winning in court would be much more satisfying!!!!
It isn't really the cost... and a broken lease looks bad on a credit app if I want to live somewhere else.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #31
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Your lease will say they have the right to make adjustments as needed depending upon the need for parking in the complex. It's in almost all TA contracts. However, the same contracts say that any vehicle registered to you with a registration, and tags is considered a parkable vehicle in the complex. All the complex's do it re word a basic contract they all use .

go the I didn't agree to this when I moved in. You simply don't have the ability to park all of your cars at the complex. It's not really fair, ask them what they expect you to do. ( even if you already have a plan, see what they tell you ) . If they come up with some idiotic excuse, simply let them know that due to the changes in the policy, this place really isn't going to suite your needs. She will say, Im sorry, you are more than welcome to leave, but you will need to pay the " months owed ", or a portion thereof.

Then say, okay I have no problem working something out, however; would you mind please giving me something in writing that says I am unable to have a parking space for my vehicle? She will say no ( because she can't really give that to you ), and you will ask for the management company's name ( unless you already know it ) . Google them, and give them a call, it's a different company all together than who actually manages the up front of the complex. Explain the issue to them, and they 9 times out of 10 will get it worked out for you right away.

Good luck!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #32
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
And they should allow you to have an outside spot since you are paying for the garage
+1000000 BS to pay for a garage and then they slap your hand because you are giving them more money every month.

rent a house apartmnets

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #33
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Is any of that spelled out in the lease? They cant just change the rules in the middle of the lease. They can change the lease to say something different for the new leasers.

DING!!DING!!!

Winner!!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #34
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
So basically I chose this apartment complex because there were garages for rent to store my bikes. This made logical sense but now due to a shortage in parking they are implementing new parking rules. Permit parking and you will not be issued a parking permit if you have rented a garage. I think this is bullshit and went to talk to them about it. I pretty much got the tough response.

So I guess I need to figure out in the very near future my options as far as storage. So do any of you use a storage unit to park their bikes? How many bikes? Where? Cost? etc.

I pretty much have to sort this by 9/20 or my car will be towed from the complex...
What kind of car do you drive that you can't park both it and your bike in a 1 car garage? I mean, sure, it'll make getting the bike out a PITA, but it's better than the alternative.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

He has more than 1 bike
Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #36
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post

DO IT

It worked for me, and I didn't spend any money except for postage and the paper everything was printed on.

Gather everything including the lease and all other paperwork they sent you. Do not let them verbally communicate with you about it. Get everything in the form of a letter which they probably already are doing. Easy to follow steps online to fill out the all the needed paperwork. Then its just a matter of locating the owner (through tax records) and mailing the paperwork to them. They may settle out of court if not the next step is filing at the courthouse, and its not very expensive.

"Small claims court in Texas is cheap, easy and really favoring of the plaintiff in cases like this" exactly and the property owner knows this.

Last edited by green600; 09-06-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #37
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCommuter View Post
sounds like THEY broke the lease. time to move
x65465476

tell them to give you what you singed up for or you are getting an lawyer
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #38
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Leave your bed unmade and dirty dishes in the sink, that will really them off
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

small claims is easy. It only cost about $50, you just have to follow the process and send a demand letter first.

You can send the demand letter today. That will at least show them you are serious.

I won in small claims court against a real lawer. I'm just a Geologist.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #40
green600
HG Chairperson

Its kind of a fun process, and I learned a lot doing it. It was REALLY nice dicking down (keeping it classy) the office manager at my old complex. She thought she could just do whatever the she wanted to without any repercussion. Hand delivering the paperwork, and telling her I have already mailed out the same paperwork to the property owner and management company was awesome. The look on her face was priceless. The decent check I received only made it better.

I would start as soon as possible and there are a few sites specific to Texas that makes it really simple. If you do proceed pm me if you have any questions.

Advertisement