MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Cops Double Teaming on 610

While one is writing a ticket, the other is just ahead with a laser pulling over drivers that aren't observing the Move Over/Slow Down law
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

while I dont care for traffic cops a whole lot, I like the idea of ticketing those asshats who wont move over for them.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
while I dont care for traffic cops a whole lot, I like the idea of ticketing those asshats who wont move over for them.
Yea, drivers should move over for anyone on the side of the road
Old 09-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
DT675

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50

I got out of ticket once for this in Florida. Got pulled over doing 20 over the limit, definitely warranted a ticket. Some guy drove by, the cop saw him coming and signaled him to move over, but he didn't. He told me he was letting me off with a warning, ran to his car and pulled that same guy over a couple miles up the road. Cops take that stuff seriously for good reason.
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Yeah there were 3 police officers on 10 this morning.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCommuter View Post
IF you can. Sometimes the traffic is so heavy that you can't and slamming on the brakes to drop 20 below is dangerous. A better move would be for the cop to signal the person to pull over at a safer location.
Put down the smart phone and you won't have to slam on your brakes
Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
They are the "minimum wage burger flipper" of the police world.
Uh, in the HPD it requires more training to be a traffic cop
Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Firstly, I don't use a phone while in the truck/car. Secondly, wouldnt it make more sense for the officer's safety to move over to a parking lot or side street? Surely they dont actually WANT to be in traffic.
If I were a cop I wouldn't want some d-bag that pulled over in the left shoulder on 610 to try and make his way across 4 lanes of traffic, plus an exit, plus the feeder to find a place to stop. Houston drivers are retards
Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

Cell phones contribute to many accidents nowadays. I'm surprised Texas still hasn't passed a law for no cell phone use while driving yet.

It's a bit awkward when you're on a 2 lane road and the person pulled over by the cop decides to stop on the road. Going 15 on a 35 mph road drives me nuts. Nevertheless, I do it.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT675 View Post
I got out of ticket once for this in Florida. Got pulled over doing 20 over the limit, definitely warranted a ticket. Some guy drove by, the cop saw him coming and signaled him to move over, but he didn't. He told me he was letting me off with a warning, ran to his car and pulled that same guy over a couple miles up the road. Cops take that stuff seriously for good reason.
Florida was the first time I had heard of this law. I didnt move over, and my then GF freaked out. I was saying "I didnt know". Glad he didnt chase me down.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
If that's the case then that says a lot about the rest of HPD then doesn't it? (I was actually referring to their mentality, capabilities and upward motivation being the same as a minimum wage burger monkey.)

Anyone remember Holzclaw and his amazing skills?
A lot of them are ex-military so I guess they deserve no respect
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Firstly, I don't use a phone while in the truck/car. Secondly, wouldnt it make more sense for the officer's safety to move over to a parking lot or side street? Surely they dont actually WANT to be in traffic.
The tow truck laws NEED to be changed, and traffic laws need to be enforced with them. They think they are gods. They should be shown they are not.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
DT675

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50

Quote:
I was on Telge a couple years ago and had a state trooper step out in front of my truck (in the LEFT lane) like he was invincible. I stopped in time and while he had traffic stopped across all lanes he proceeds to scream at me about slowing down. I explained that I had already dropped to 15 under the speed limit and about that time we heard the first screech behind me. I immediately asked me if he wanted me to pull over somewhere safe but he was so busy ranting that it didn't stop him. When we heard the next screech and BANG behind us, he finally shut up and told me to move on. He now had something else to deal with.

I have no sympathy for patrol officers. If they were worth a then they would have moved up in the world and would be working homicide or the DUI/Drug task forces. They are the "minimum wage burger flipper" of the police world.
That guy didn't deserve much sympathy for sure. Some are better than others though. I've been pulled over by some decent patrol cops over the years that gave me some breaks. I've only been pulled over here in Houston once though in my almost 3 years of living here, so I can't speak for HPD.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Worthless Rat !

A real public service would be to drive their fat around and enforce the "move your car off the road when involved in a minor fender bender law". That would be a real public service.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
new SB 510 says you must move over for tow truck drivers and TxDot vehicles. Here's a list of new laws for 2013....stay tuned for 2014 updates when we need more "safety".

Quote:
Below isn't a complete list of the new laws that are now in effect, but some you should know about:

HB 347 expands the current limitations on wireless communication device (cell phone) use in an active school crossing zone to include the property of a public elementary, middle, or junior high school for which a local authority has designated a school crossing zone. The use will only be restricted during the time a reduced speed limit is in effect for the school crossing zone. Further, it will not apply to vehicles that are stopped, or drivers using a hands-free device or making an emergency call.

HB 1174 amends current statute to increase the minimum fines for the misdemeanor offense of passing a stopped school bus loading or unloading children. The minimum fine increases from $200 to $500, and the maximum fine for such an offense increases from $1,000 to $1,250. The bill also enhances the penalty for a second or subsequent conviction of that offense committed within five years to a misdemeanor punishable by a minimum fine of $1,000 and a maximum fine of $2,000.

SB 181 allows a motor vehicle operator the option of using a wireless communication device (such as a cell phone) to display motor vehicle financial responsibility (proof of insurance) information as evidence of financial responsibility. The display does not constitute effective consent for a law enforcement officer, or any other person, to access the contents of the wireless communication device except to view the financial responsibility information. *This bill is effective immediately.

SB 510 requires drivers to move over or slow down (as required depending on the roadway) when approaching a stationary Texas Department of Transportation vehicle with its lights activated and not separated from the roadway by a traffic-control device. This provision expands the state's Move Over/Slow Down law, which already requires drivers to yield to tow trucks, police, fire and emergency vehicles. Violators would commit a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine of up to $200; punishable by a fine of $500 if property damage occurs; or a Class B misdemeanor if the violation results in bodily damage.

HB 2304 lowers the population requirement from 2.2 million to one million for counties where sheriffs or deputy sheriffs can be certified by DPS to enforce federal commercial motor vehicle regulations. This will open the opportunity to Bexar, Tarrant and Travis counties.

HB 625 clarifies that the penalty for operating a vehicle on a public highway without displaying the two license plates assigned to the vehicle is a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

HB 3668 amends current statute to require the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident that results or is reasonably likely to result in the injury or death of a person to immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident, and if so, whether the person requires aid, in addition to other existing statutory requirements.

SB 275 increases the penalty for leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident resulting in the death of a person and failing to render aid from a third-degree felony to a second-degree felony. A second degree felony carries a punishment of two to 20 years in prison and an optional fine not to exceed $10,000, whereas a third degree felony carries a penalty of two to 10 years in prison and an optional fine not to exceed $10,000.

HB 1284 increases the penalty for the offense of initiating, communicating or circulating a false report of an emergency (such as a bomb threat) involving an institution of higher education from a Class A misdemeanor to a state jail felony. *This bill is effective immediately.

HB 124 adds Salvia divinorum (unless unharvested and growing in its natural state) including all parts of the plant, seeds and extracts from a part of the plant to Penalty Group 3 of the Texas Controlled Substances Act.

HB 2637 provides that an individual fraudulently using identifying information to avoid registering as a offender to be punished at the next highest degree felony.

Last edited by dbuck; 09-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
everyone should get a free pass.
Yep, I said EVERYONE, including d-bag riders

Do you respect any cops?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Yep, I said EVERYONE, including d-bag riders

Do you respect any cops?
Only the rented ones that carry 4D maglites in their holsters.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
DT675

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
The tow truck laws NEED to be changed, and traffic laws need to be enforced with them. They think they are gods. They should be shown they are not.
+1.......I've had some of them pass me at 70+ on West Little York where the speed limit is like 45mph, just to meet them up at the light waiting on it to turn green. I'm suprised they don't cause more accidents or get people killed. Nothing me off more about Houston than the freaking tow trucks.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
A lot of them are ex-military so I guess they deserve no respect
Quote:
You are obviously a child and have very little reading comprehension skills. The post that you edited the quote out of explained how only those who earn the respect deserve it. Regardless of occupation or social rank.

If you are unable to have an intelligent conversation/debate then I have no need for you either.
So a lot = everyone? Thanks teacher

Do you respect any cops? Seems you don't. You mad bro?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

wrecker drivers are absolute ...scum of the earth.

Wonder how many ex felons put around in those trucks.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement