MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Exclamation MH CMRA Members

On October 1, 2013 ballots will be mailed to your last known address for the vacant 2014-2016 board of directors seats. I'd like to encourage you guys to vote for Peyton Inge.

Some of you may remember the big ordeal with the TXDPS and their overreaching to license all motorcycle track day instructors. Becoming licensed meant a detailed background check potentially denying accomplished racers the certificate required to teach riders how to ride a sport bike on a race track. Some were denied based on a conviction like reckless driving. For a simpleton like me, I never understood what a reckless driving or felony conviction had to do with teaching someone how to ride a motorcycle and even more so I couldn't grasp what the TXDPS had to do with closed course, private faciity motorcycle riding and why were they even involving themselves.

Some schools went as far as reporting other track day organizations that weren't licensed, they tried to shut schools down and use the misinterpretation of the law to their advantage rather than work to have it clarified. Others sat idly by and did nothing.

Peyton Inge, an accomplished attorney in Dallas, went to work for what was in the best interest of teachers and students. In just a matter of weeks he was able to have the law revised and written with more clarity making road racing instructors exempt from this ridiculous certification that had nothing to do with whether the teacher knew what he was doing and everything to do with whether he/she had a clean criminal/driving history.

Peyton would be an enormous asset to the already solid Board of Directors. He is an honest, educated, fearless individual. He has no association with any track day organization or the politics that go hand in hand with the schools. You can rest assured that he is only interested in what's best for the racers and won't be pushed around.

Vote for Peyton Inge!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks MH Members! CaligoneTx Off Topic 5 06-08-2010 07:49 AM
THIS IS WHAT SOME MH MEMBERS NEED... TREE Off Topic 5 05-23-2009 10:02 AM
something i could see MH members doing Gryphin Off Topic 13 02-11-2009 11:03 PM
who? any MH members? H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 08-24-2008 10:38 PM
not new to MH but want to meet some members socplay50 Events, Meets and Rides 6 01-27-2007 11:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Where's the like button?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Candace
KweenB

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

Oh goodness, P's head is gonna swell more now. LOL! J/k (kinda haha). Peyton is very knowledgeable and knows about racing, and I don't doubt for a second he would have everyone's best interest at heart. I don't race, but I know P, and I would vote for him if I were voting.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

There is a Napoleon Dynamite reference in there somewhere...
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Inge0071
Old Slow Guy

Bike(s):
Duc 1098
ZX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Some schools went as far as reporting other track day organizations that weren't licensed, they tried to shut schools down and use the misinterpretation of the law to their advantage rather than work to have it clarified.
Peyton would be an enormous asset to the already solid Board of Directors. He is an honest, educated, fearless individual. He has no association with any track day organization or the politics that go hand in hand with the schools. You can rest assured that he is only interested in what's best for the racers and won't be pushed around.

Vote for Peyton Inge!
Thanks, Brandt!! Your support is greatly appreciated.
Inge0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Some say he runs a Ninja 78 cc (rare import) that outruns the mighty ZX10R; others say he is color blind in 12 colors yet can see the ultraviolet spectrum to the degree of 12 plus the fourth dimension.

I say, he's got my vote.

PS Vote for Pedro.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Bad truck too!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Inge0071
Old Slow Guy

Bike(s):
Duc 1098
ZX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post

PS Vote for Pedro.
Mongo, I've been racking my brain as to where you found the Vote for Pedro reference and the truth is, after three weeks, I haven't a clue. There's only a few people, all of them Houston or Lubbock females, that would know it. Anyway, I digress.

Ryskono, thanks for the props on the truck. I'm compensating for a big ego and a slow motorcycle. lol.

Anyway, like Brandt said, the CMRA will mail a ballot to your last known address next Tuesday, October 1. I am running because I want to race as cheaply, inexpensively, and often as possible. I'd also like to give back to the sport that has given so much to me. Respectfully, I think my good humor, ability to read, and background in law will prove to be a huge asset to the CMRA. In case you're wondering, I'm not running to start , but I also always ask questions for the benefit of the Club.

In spite of my good humor and excellent sense of style, there are some folks that REALLY do not want to see me elected, so every vote counts. If you have moved this season, make sure you e-mail Nancy at nancy@cmraracing.com to give her your new mailing address.

If you have any questions about why I'm running or just questions about the CMRA or racing in general, please feel free to call or email.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Vote for Pedro is from Napoleon Dynamite. Lol

Gosh!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
I cant vote for anyone that doesnt get a napolean dynamite reference....haha
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

LOL
Old 09-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Let me help you.

Napolean Dynamite reference since Waiyeman made his comment.

In no way related to the recent "Vote for Tedro" as posted on CMRA board by Ted. Although I like his take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
There is a Napoleon Dynamite reference in there somewhere...
Quote:
PS Vote for Pedro.

I do think you are a funny guy and I enjoyed meeting you recently at TWS (Texas World Speedway). Anyone that runs the lower displacement stickers on their bike gets a chuckle out of me since I have a "Ninja 250".

That said, I am probably leaning towards a vote for MacMan (without a doubt) and Ted (in the lead, but looking at the others) at this point after reading some of your older posts and discussions on the CMRA board.

I think you have a valuable skill set as a lawyer, and I also think you have a lot to offer the club. That said, so do the others.

You lost me with your posts on LSTD about Fridays before race weekends and the arguments you are making. I won't go into the details here since it was on the Private Section of the CMRA board. I'm sure you have your reasons and viewpoints regarding this, but your arguments fall short in my mind. From all my dealing with Steve over many years, there is no doubt he is ethical in his business practices. Your comments challenge that and it's not a proper argument in my mind from knowing him and dealings I have had with him.

Good luck regardless of my take and vote. I still enjoyed meeting you and look forward to seeing you again. I am simply posting this because I said you had my vote originally, but that has changed. I don't want to mislead you or anyone else since my mind has changed since I made that post.

I think if you do get a spot on the BoD, it's still good for the club, I just won't be placing an X by your name this go around.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 09-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #13
Inge0071
Old Slow Guy

Bike(s):
Duc 1098
ZX10

Quote:

I think you have a valuable skill set as a lawyer, and I also think you have a lot to offer the club. That said, so do the others.
Your comments challenge that and it's not a proper argument in my mind from knowing him and dealings I have had with him.
Mongo, you're certainly right to raise both points. With respect to the second part, the issue is clear on the legal aspect, but most don't see any harm. Like both of us, they like guy and his program.

Anyway, thanks for explaining the ND reference. One movie I've never seen!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge0071 View Post
Mongo, you're certainly right to raise both points. With respect to the second part, the issue is clear on the legal aspect, but most don't see any harm. Like both of us, they like guy and his program.

Anyway, thanks for explaining the ND reference. One movie I've never seen!
ND, you have to watch it sometime. It does lower your IQ temporarily, but worth it.

I understand the legal aspect you are going for, I am looking at it from an actual impact. Steve has been ethical in his actions from my point of view in his history.

A written policy would probably be a good course of action as you and others have mentioned.

Thanks for the exchange and good luck.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #15
Inge0071
Old Slow Guy

Bike(s):
Duc 1098
ZX10

Quote:

I understand the legal aspect you are going for, I am looking at it from an actual impact. Steve has been ethical in his actions from my point of view in his history.

Thanks for the exchange and good luck.
Lots of folks agree as to impact. I do not disagree that he's never done anything that improper, but law is law.

In parting, look at all that was accomplished last season. Not saying anything negative, I'm simply saying we saw more positives last season than we did in the previous six or seven years. The Board needs creativity and I'd hate to see us digress.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
cyon

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125

It all sounds great and you've got recommendations from some folks I trust. However, since I don't know you this is what ran through my mind.

Quote:
I am running because I want to race as cheaply, inexpensively, and often as possible.
Well . Don't we all? That doesn't make us fit to be on the BOD. This left me wondering who's interest you really have in mind. I want someone representing me who's focus is on "us" the constituents of the organization. I'm left feeling your main intent in running for this role is your own personal desires to race a bunch and to do so cheaply. BOD's get a discount? My first impression was this is some guy who wants to race on the cheap and is riding on the fact he's an attorney to get him into the BOD. I'm left to strongly question rather my voice or concerns are of any interest or importance to you. Plus, I'm always sketchy of any lawyer who's character I do not personally know. Nothing Personal These are the hurdles between me and that vote.

I'm going to guess I'm not the only guy who doesn't know you. Care to give an elevator pitch about yourself? It's hard to vote for someone when you've never met/seen/talked to or know anything about.

Good luck with the election. I'm still in the air.
CMRA Racer #736
www.RideSmart.info
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
TheHoneyBadger
The Resident Badger

Vote for the Badge
CMRA Novice #293 I don't care. You'll learn that.
'06 Z750 nekkie/big bars -1/+2, TTR90 big bore, TTR 50 stunt, XR50, XR 100, CR250R, YZ450F
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
Inge0071
Old Slow Guy

Bike(s):
Duc 1098
ZX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyon View Post
It all sounds great and you've got recommendations from some folks I trust. However, since I don't know you this is what ran through my mind.

I'm going to guess I'm not the only guy who doesn't know you. Care to give an elevator pitch about yourself? It's hard to vote for someone when you've never met/seen/talked to or know anything about.
I'm the guy in boots and shorts at all tracks but MSRH. I'll donate my last beer, help ya change your tire, or bond you out of jail at 3 a.m. (y'all know who you are). In short, I'm an old school guy that works well with others, but has zero patience for BS. I make a habit of doing what I think is right and my specialty is getting things done, always. If you need a security detail in Kenya, yesterday, or a minor law changed, I'll have it done by the time the wire clears. In short, if you don't know me, ask around. Or drop by the black Peterbuilt and say hello.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
cyon

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125

You sound like you can make things happen. I'll stop by next time I see the rig.
CMRA Racer #736
www.RideSmart.info
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage